Home

NBA 2K21 Demo Roundtable: Gameplay Impressions So Far

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Demo Roundtable: Gameplay Impressions So Far within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 10:35 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Demo Roundtable: Gameplay Impressions So Far

I’ll wait for PS5, if i want to play 2k21 current gen i’ll just play 2k20, the shooting sucks in both games anyways
Old 08-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #34
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K21 Demo Roundtable: Gameplay Impressions So Far

2 things I like:

I absolutely love the addition of BLOCK REPLAYS ... one of my fave plays in bball, so sending a shot into the stands you really (and finally) get a great payoff ... get that garbage outta here!

I like the increased speed where you feel a bit less stuck in the mud - perhaps it went a bit too much? Either way 2k20 felt a bit slow in situations like a fast break.

2 things I don't like:

CPU boxing me out constantly at the 3 point line is just as bad as 2k20 and I don't get why even with gold worm etc it's just so obvious and takes me out of the immersion. How could I get boxed out so easily and why do the developers care if my guard or sf crashes aggressively - maybe I don't get the putback and lose big on defence. Anyway it's pure trash how easily the cpu completely boxes out my elite rebounder and kills the unique player I want to create in that regard.

Shot meter - looks weird, like something you'd see 15 years ago. I'm with others where I'd probably go back to previous iterations for the shot meter or turn it off completely assuming I can get it down.

I'm 100% not grabbing current gen version though, need to see what next gen brings and it's not differentiated enough, although the block replays are enticing (it's that important to me).

So overall it's not something I'm excited about right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »