Home

Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

H2H became incredibly annoying when they got rid of lobbies. Playing against the same 2 powerhouse teams every single game just wasn't fun. The Tier system was necessary to fix that and brought variety/fun back to online play. I understand people have their favorite teams, but so what, switch it up.

It's either this or their old lobbies with the feedback system imo.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #58
Pro

Is online just as laggy as it was last year?

Not sure if I should wait for next gen and hope that the better hardware fixes a lot of the performance issues. $500+ is a lot just to play one game though. Plus, 2k's last next-gen release was a disaster so that worries me too.

If online is smooth I'll probably just stick with current gen till next year.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:00 PM   #59
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7
H2H became incredibly annoying when they got rid of lobbies. Playing against the same 2 powerhouse teams every single game just wasn't fun. The Tier system was necessary to fix that and brought variety/fun back to online play. I understand people have their favorite teams, but so what, switch it up.

To be fair you could have and still can just dashboard out of a team you don't want to face. It's lame, but it's better then facing the Lakers every single game
Old 09-04-2020, 01:27 PM   #60
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouprodigy92
No Keldon Johnson on the active roster lmao... Guess I'm waiting until next gen for PNO, anyways.

I really don't understand 2K's reasoning sometimes. He was on the active roster pre-injury last year. Why are the replacing him with Zeller, who has played all of 10 minutes for the Spurs.

Is there someone we can tweet with roster concerns?
Tweet at Mike. But heads up. There isn't anything he can do at this stage of the game. With the way everything is going. Roster updates won't come until next season. Or maybe free agency. If this was a normal cycle. The rosters still wouldn't be updated until opening day. Right now it's defaulted to best ratings. It sucks when they do this. It kind of puts you in a bind for your rotation at the end of the year.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:38 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Tweet at Mike. But heads up. There isn't anything he can do at this stage of the game. With the way everything is going. Roster updates won't come until next season. Or maybe free agency. If this was a normal cycle. The rosters still wouldn't be updated until opening day. Right now it's defaulted to best ratings. It sucks when they do this. It kind of puts you in a bind for your rotation at the end of the year.
That's the thing though: it's not defaulted to best ratings.

Keldon is a 76.

He's a higher rating than: Bryn Forbes, Trey Lyles, Lonnie Walker, Chimezie Metu, Tyler Zeller, and Marco Belineli. All of whom are on the active roster.

Walker is a better player than all of them, simply because he isn't a liability on both ends of the floor like anyone not named Lonnie.

And I wouldn't even be tripping but for the fact that the Spurs are somehow the only non playoff team to make it into Tier 1. Somehow. Someone make it make sense.

I tweeted at him, and hopefully he can, because that's gonna be a deal-breaker for me, on whether I touch PNO. Having Zeller and Metu, two barely rotation players who don't do any ONE thing particularly well is horrible when you have a legit spot-up, athletic wing who is better at them in nearly every metric. And I have to face Tier 1 teams, half of which have multiple players in the 90s, when the Spurs best player is an 86. IDK, this is weird.

Last edited by zhouprodigy92; 09-04-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #62
Rookie

I have to create a new post for this, even though it's kinda repetitive, but they really screwed the pooch with the Spurs.

The Spurs are a Tier 1 team, with one of their best bench players not even on the active roster. Meanwhile: The Mavs, Heat, Blazers, Thunder, Nuggets, Jazz - all teams who actually made the playoffs - are Tier 2 teams.

Idk HOW 2K determines the OVR for the teams, but it's hilarious that the Jazz, Heat, and Mavs each of two players better than the best player on the Spurs.

The only thing the Spurs have is 3 players between 86-80, and like 5 players between 76-79. And one of them isn't even on the active roster.

I need to find a new squad to use, because I refuse to even try and defend the hell of superstar runs to the rim with Slow-Lamarcus ALdridge with a 69 D-REB.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:10 PM   #63
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7

I support the tier separation but you can do both. Giving users a "deep end of the pool" option (where you can play any tier) and the current system. This will resolve the team variety issue because the current tier setup essentially has us playing the top 2 teams in a tier all year long.

Give each team a point total so winning with LA is worth 1 pt whereas wins with CLE are worth 30. Also, increase the player loot, rewards, VC for PNO--in particular when we play a team rated significantly higher than us.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:34 PM   #64
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Honestly not looking forward to the tier system and playing the same team(s) over and over again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »