Home

Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2020, 05:14 PM   #65
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Online 2K21: Endgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
I support the tier separation but you can do both. Giving users a "deep end of the pool" option (where you can play any tier) and the current system. This will resolve the team variety issue because the current tier setup essentially has us playing the top 2 teams in a tier all year long.

Give each team a point total so winning with LA is worth 1 pt whereas wins with CLE are worth 30. Also, increase the player loot, rewards, VC for PNO--in particular when we play a team rated significantly higher than us.
We had a similar option back in what...NBA 2K15? NBA 2K16? You could play the tier above you for additional VC. The "play anyone" was available, but I don't think it EVER worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #66
Pro

I ended up buying it and I'm surprised at how silky smooth online play is. Finally! It's almost too responsive now, I have to adjust to how jumpy the controls are compared to how unresponsive everything was last year. It feels like they really nerfed defense though. This is the easiest its been to just turbo past defenders.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #67
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Well I caved in a brought it anyway lol. I didn’t touch the demo so this was my first time with 2k21.

A few things off first impressions:

- I can’t shoot at all with the button. I can’t tell if the game speed is sped up or it’s just input lag.

- Portland is still a fluky cheesey team. Dame is still dunking on shot blocking bigs, and in crowds of defenders

- They really haven’t put any effort into PNO in like the last 3 yrs. Same menus, same tier systems, same matchmaking, etc. Seems like they just make sure the mode works during development then move on to the next mode.

- Did I mention I can’t shoot at all. And I don’t mean with the stick timing thing. Just the regular square button shooting. I have the shot meter on btw, so I can judge the release points. I have to release every thing way earlier then I should have to. Like almost immediately after they jump. I’ll be lucky to hit a wide open shot. It definitely has something to do with PNO because I can shoot free throws or in practice mode just fine.

- Dudes are still trying to turbo transition all game still.

- Seems like their is a speed disparity. Fast guys can blow by or leave slower players.

- Soundtrack is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #68
Rookie

OK, so just played my first PNO against the Clippers. I'm not going to talk about shooting, because that's been talked about enough.

DUDE. Defense. is. Incredible.

This guy was charging to the rim with PG and Kawhi and whoever else, and all I needed to do was place a body and play hands up. And it worked (occasionally). There is a skill gap with superstars now, especially when you have a decent big who can hold it down.

However, in this same game, this guy was JUMPING in the paint, like Jump Around by House of Pain was playing in the background. And not one foul. Just, literally, PG, Morris, Zubac, and whoever else was constantly going up and down, basically trapping my player in, and I couldn't force a foul to save my life. I really hope that they're not tying this to something only superstars can do, as to use that contact to get a foul. But it's annoying when you have 2 or 3 players jumping around you in the paint and you can't move or make contact, because you'll drop the ball.

I definitely want to see more of being able to punish people whose idea of interior defense is just to keep jumping over and over again, without even trying to actually time a block.

Make defense great again, but not that great.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #69
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouprodigy92
OK, so just played my first PNO against the Clippers. I'm not going to talk about shooting, because that's been talked about enough.

DUDE. Defense. is. Incredible.

This guy was charging to the rim with PG and Kawhi and whoever else, and all I needed to do was place a body and play hands up. And it worked (occasionally). There is a skill gap with superstars now, especially when you have a decent big who can hold it down.

However, in this same game, this guy was JUMPING in the paint, like Jump Around by House of Pain was playing in the background. And not one foul. Just, literally, PG, Morris, Zubac, and whoever else was constantly going up and down, basically trapping my player in, and I couldn't force a foul to save my life. I really hope that they're not tying this to something only superstars can do, as to use that contact to get a foul. But it's annoying when you have 2 or 3 players jumping around you in the paint and you can't move or make contact, because you'll drop the ball.

I definitely want to see more of being able to punish people whose idea of interior defense is just to keep jumping over and over again, without even trying to actually time a block.

Make defense great again, but not that great.
LT defense is very responsive. I can't say enough about movement in general this year. I love it...

"RS'ing" into the jumping players didn't get you fouls? I feel like I get them a lot.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #70
Rookie

I'm gonna try that in my next game 24.

But apparently, DCing from a game gives you a loss, which is nice.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #71
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouprodigy92
I'm gonna try that in my next game 24.

But apparently, DCing from a game gives you a loss, which is nice.

Can you dashboard though ?????

Anyone take the hit yet ??

C’mon rooks, time for one of you to step up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 05:41 PM   #72
Rookie

IDK. I need to wait for a patch, because this is ridiculous.

So, NO, I am not getting excellent releases. That's on me.

But I'm shooting with Patty Mills. Derrick White. Lonnie Walker. Known 3pt shooters, and I'm getting slightly left/right, while locking in the timing, and I went 0-13. At least 11 of those were wide open shots. Like ONE of these has to fall. There is too much risk in trying to use the stick, because if you don't get it right....

And I repeat. WHY ARE THE SPURS IN TIER 1.

I just went against the Lakers, and it was ridiculous. The Spurs don't have any good rebounders. I got destroyed on the boards, offensively. Lebron and AD are posterizing whatever good defense I put on them.

Seriously 2K. If we are going to talk about "skill", you need to TONE these down. You maybe get 1 poster a real game, 2 if you're lucky, and these are in 12 minute quaters. My CENTERS should not be getting dunked on when they are in position for a block, or at least a good contest, 5 times a game.

But because None of my centers have decent defensive badges, and Lebron and AD have HOF everything, any good plays I make are basically... not good. And even when I make good offensive plays, here comes AD and Javale McGee souring in for the offensive board FROM BEHIND ME, or the Block FROM BEHIND ME. Like... Wow.

I like a challenge, but at a certain point, this is ridiculous, when I manufacture 11 wide open 3s, and I can't hit one of them with a slighty early/late/left/right release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »