Home

NBA 2K21 - The Little Things

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 - The Little Things within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2020, 03:04 AM   #49
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K21 - The Little Things

The pull up animations have gotten really stale lately.

This year is much better. The clip below; first shot is the standard pull up. The 2nd is where Im holding turbo and it triggers that familiar action we see.

https://youtu.be/rhqZqpwk3o0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqZqpwk3o0

Weirdly, I can't get this turbo animation to trigger with Dame and Curry. Not sure why.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:53 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

I and another poster commented a year or two ago about the lack of realism with team fan jerseys and other fan gear in the stands: No matter who the visitors were they always had fans throughout the crowd. Some teams do not have a national following and their gear does not travel that well.

On a whim recently, I checked the Orlando stands in current-gen as they played Washington. There was no Wizards fan gear to be found. I think this is immersively great!

The next level would be taking the top five MyNBA jersey sales and having those teams have a national following and peppering the stands when any of those teams are in town versus your team. Extreme detail would be having those five personal jerseys (LeBron and whoever is iconic) represented in the stands every game no matter what. Perhaps that will be worked into next-gen moving forward.

Right now, I am happy to see this little thing.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #51
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Saw this pretty dope dunk on landing celebration with Giannis. I'll try to post it when i get a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2020, 01:15 PM   #52
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Saw this pretty dope dunk on landing celebration with Giannis. I'll try to post it when i get a chance.

https://youtu.be/XrEvCPpuixY

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
The pull up animations have gotten really stale lately.

This year is much better. The clip below; first shot is the standard pull up. The 2nd is where Im holding turbo and it triggers that familiar action we see.

https://youtu.be/rhqZqpwk3o0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqZqpwk3o0

Weirdly, I can't get this turbo animation to trigger with Dame and Curry. Not sure why.
Re-post from sig edits thread:

So I just thought of something. Now keep in mind that the game does handle this but I'll explain why I still consider the matter a bit differently...

There are players in the league such as LeBron and CP3 that take a vast majority of their shots off-balance or running/leaning toward a certain direction. Like I referenced above, 2K does attempt to solve these differences by putting in different kinds of attempts.

However, the way I see it, that doesn't completely do the job for me because the regular jump shots or their set shots are WAY more prevalent - especially when playing your user vs CPU games because the CPU will take advantage of the space and the scripted actions don't force them to take as many of those shots as they really would be in real life.

Therefore, in extreme cases such as CP3 (who takes so many midrange shots that way), I have balanced out the base jumper. So I effectively made his base jumper #69. Whether or not you agree with that base isn't really what I'm emphasizing. It's more the concept.

LeBron's jumper I am going to do some in-depth studying once I get my next gen in a few days. That's as far as my roster goes.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Not gonna lie, that was a dope animation. Looked very smooth.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #55
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Former head coaches still have their coach audio if you make them a head coach again. In MyNBA, if you hire Mike Dantoni, Jason Kidd, Dave Joerger, or Kenny Atkinson, they have their audio for halftime and coming out of timeouts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2021, 11:39 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Before playing the Suns in season 2021-22, I took a moment to look at the roster because a created PG is starting for Chris Paul. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if he is still around: He is and is the last player on the team at age 36.

His notes say he just signed a new contract... more curiosity. His deal is three years with a first-year $44-million "lifetime achievement" payment, then drops to $15 and $14-million in years two and three. A good reminder of what Madden sim-heads want in the contracts in that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »