Home

Da_Czar on Shooting #SIMNATION

This is a discussion on Da_Czar on Shooting #SIMNATION within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #81
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Da_Czar on Shooting #SIMNATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Eh...players already figured the game out. Park play is the same as always screen screen screen green release. So yeah....this new shot mechanic was a good idea but in the end people chose the shot button and everything is back to boring ol' gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, no more 20 rebound games for me.

It doesn't seem like heavily contested greens are happening with frequency though at least....was this the case last year? Wasn't a Park/Rec player last year. Then again, that could just be a case of badges not being obtained yet as well.

Well, if it all goes to hell I've really enjoyed these alst couple of days. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've ran into some of the best randoms, lol. Had like 3 separate 10 game streaks just playing good ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 04:05 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Did a stream just now. I've gotta say I'm disappointed in what I'm hearing. If you advocate for simply raising the percentage on solid "slightly" releases from the approximately 15 percent we're currently seeing to about 30, you're shouted down and told to "get good." That ain't #SimNation! We strive for realism! When you can safely leave open shooters wide and treat them like they're Shaq, that's not sim ball, fellas! Sure, people will practice and get better at shooting. Of course they will. Nothing needs to change with shooting itself, just the floor for those "slightly" releases so that we can see better percentages in games consistently and so that players have to respect the J right now.

Further, he keeps saying "once people get their badges..." C'mon Czar! You know for a fact that lots of us play PNO and things like that too. Plenty of decent shooters out there who can't just "get their badges" because they're tied to regular rosters. Shooting and the difficulty therein is fantastic. Don't change it. All that needs to be tweaked is that floor percentage for "Slightly" releases, and even then it only needs to be raised a little (15-20 percent)
all of the people who liked this post complained about how easy shooting was last year..this board is maddening. lower the difficulty if you’re having issues..if they buff it like ya’ll want you wont be able to leave mediocre shooters open

Last edited by loso_34; 09-09-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:30 AM   #83
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
all of the people who liked this post complained about how easy shooting was last year..this board is maddening. lower the difficulty of you’re having issues..if they buff it like ya’ll want you wont he able to leave open mediocre shooters
tbh its still very easy.

once you get the badges its a wrap.

the only difference (which i like btw) is that ratings seems to matter a tiny bit more then they used to.

strength and rebounding ive noticed it so far that even with gold rebound chaser its a bit harder with just a 79 rebound rating.
not to mention i get pushed around some more by higher rated rebounding builds.

the midrange seems to be back as well...

im shooting around 60 to 70% from the paint on hookshots and such and that is with having 8 of the 30 badges.

standing dunks seems to be back but yeah ill wait till everyone has hof intimidator and such to see if its true lol
Old 09-09-2020, 05:38 AM   #84
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Not to be a butthole, but I’m seriously not understanding the shooting woes everyone keeps talking about, at least when it comes to Park and Rec/Pro-Am. Since Day 1, I’ve been shooting 68% from the field and 64.6% from three in Park, and 68.1% and 61.3% in Rec.
And your three ball is 90+ with HOF badges.... Next
Old 09-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #85
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
all of the people who liked this post complained about how easy shooting was last year..this board is maddening. lower the difficulty of you’re having issues..if they buff it like ya’ll want you wont he able to leave open mediocre shooters
Now, hold on... I wasn't asking for a "buff" to the shooting mechanic. Just realistic percentages. From what I'm seeing right now, the pendulum is starting to swing the other way when all we really needed was a modest increase in expected percentage to open, slightly released shots. That was it. Shooting itself was perfect as it was, just the expected percentage on that specific shot type was too low off rip to reflect real, NBA basketball. When I said this, I was typically shooting better than my opponents (granted, it was about 25% vs. 15, but still), and the major reason I said it was because I could leave elite shooters wide open, they'd barely miss out on their timing, and I could count it a win for that possession, even if they made it, they destroyed the odds and I knew that was a shot I wanted them to take again. That's not NBA basketball, right? I shouldn't be making funny faces at Klay on the perimeter, expecting him to knock down 15% regardless of if my opponent is close to the correct timing/aiming, right? Again, that ain't #SimNation.

Now that folks are figuring out that stick plus L2 is the way to go, we're seeing much higher percentages, but there's still a happy medium. Having the stick in the tan window plus timing the L2 press correctly can boost that expected percentage slightly, but shouldn't be the near guarantee that we're seeing right now. Mistiming it can absolutely hinder the expected percentage a bit, but shouldn't provide a miss every time. Rights and lefts should receive a massive hit, but still be able to hit once in a while (but we're talking like... 10-15 percent here). Reds should continue to be a guaranteed miss (although, I've had one or two go in on flukes where I timed L2 correctly).

We'd do well to remember that this board typically wants a realistic, simulation experience, not arbitrary boosts to expected shot percentage based on badges (the stacking of badges that increase shot percentage needs to be gone like... Two years ago), not ice cold shooting from everyone on the floor, etc. There is a middle ground.

You also need to remember: some want to play a sim style online, that means no tweaking sliders, no going to a lower difficulty, etc. Some don't want to do the MyCareer thing and prefer PNO where, in the regular rosters (again) *people can't just "get their badges."* They're tied to the regular rosters. Should these guys be laying bricks on open, slightly releases 85-90 percent of the time? Probably not, right? We'd agree that these shots should fall at about anywhere from 30-50 percent on the absolute top end, depending on the player right? Of course, badge stacking kills this, but that's a better case for the removal of some of these badges than a case against a modest percentage increase on a shot type that can reasonably be expected to fall at a bit higher clip, imo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

Last edited by mb625; 09-09-2020 at 07:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 08:29 AM   #86
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I would like an option for a no badges court online. Most fun I've had for the past few days are gone since everyone hits green easily now.

Mike says getting greens will be harder this year. Hah! He keeps underestimating the community. Now we are going to have a seesaw patch of shooting adjustments for the whole year.

God I really hope PS5 version is a clean slate with no greens. Q

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #87
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quick question for you guys -

I haven't bought 2K21 yet, and I see a lot of complaints about the new shooting mechanic. I don't play online, I don't care about MyCareer. I mostly play MyLeague and exhibition games.

If I buy 2K21, is there an option to go back to the old shooting method?
Old 09-09-2020, 09:39 AM   #88
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Czar didn't say wait until "get your badges" as a substitute to learning the game. He was specifically talking to the Park/Pro Am community getting their shooting badges & attributes up before giving up on shooting. Lets not twist his words there. When this video was made, people were still in brown shirts & grey pants wondering why they weren't draining 3's. NBA players didn't need to "get badges" because they already had them to begin with.

TBH I think the hotfix just sped up the inevitable from a Park/Pro Am perspective.
All that said, I feel PNO shooting is in a fair place.

If I've learned anything from this past week, it's that quite frankly, nobody likes missing shots. Bookmarking these threads for the inevitable "Shooting sucks!" threads later in the year where we start blaming certain sections of the community.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »