Home

NBA 2k20 help with freelance

This is a discussion on NBA 2k20 help with freelance within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k20 help with freelance

Hey can anyone tell me a freelance with the 4 and 5 in the post and at least the 4 having playmaking options? like pass it in to him and the perimeter players set screens and move around. just infuriating that I cant seem to playmake off of my powerforward (40 year old lebron). all the freelances ive tried have only had plays off of the perimeter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
MVP

Re: NBA 2k20 help with freelance

Not sure I have exactly what you're looking for but some freelances that might satisfy you are:

- Horns: will have your 4 and 5 settings screens at the elbows for your PG who plays off them. You can also make an entry pass into either player from the middle of the court so you can get LeBron the ball that way.

- 4 out, 1 in: will have the centre as the only player in the paint, so LeBron will be on the perimeter. You can have him be the primary playmaker, and have 3 guards on the perimeter with one big man in the middle.

- Philly Elbow: this is probably your best option but it will require some small work arounds. Philly Elbow is a 4 out freelance with a playmaking centre at the elbow. There are lots of opportunities for entry passes to the big, screen and rolls/pops, etc. Lots of actions through the big man. You would want LeBron in this position so you would have to play him at centre, and your centre at the 4 so they are correctly positioned on offense. Then just ensure that their match ups are manually set so LeBron is guarding the 4 on defence - don't leave it on auto.

This is what I do with the Pacers as I play both Turner and Sabonis. I play Sabonis at centre so he is my primary playmaker at the elbow on offence and Turner is on the perimeter. Then on defence I match up Turner to the other teams 5, and Sabonis to their 4. This way, turner is the 4 on offense and 5 on defence. Sabonis is the 5 on offence, 4 on defence. Needless to say, this only really works if you have a big who can shoot 3s like Turner.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Sadly I dont think any of these work. in horns there isnt movement on the perimeter if you pass it into the post right? that's what Im after. the "Philly Elbow" fix with moving lebron to center is cheating in my opinion; the 2k AI is simply so god awful that they wont adjust their own defensive matchups, defending lebron with a center would be a massive advantage for him.

but out of nowhere I started having some movement off of the 3 out active freelance, so im gonna try with that. swear to god it didnt work when I tried it before.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:14 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacharNabai
Sadly I dont think any of these work. in horns there isnt movement on the perimeter if you pass it into the post right? that's what Im after. the "Philly Elbow" fix with moving lebron to center is cheating in my opinion; the 2k AI is simply so god awful that they wont adjust their own defensive matchups, defending lebron with a center would be a massive advantage for him.

but out of nowhere I started having some movement off of the 3 out active freelance, so im gonna try with that. swear to god it didnt work when I tried it before.
Just switch teams and manually set the CPUs matchups and defensive settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »