Home

Hot Zones same across all modes?

This is a discussion on Hot Zones same across all modes? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Hot Zones same across all modes?

Looking at your stats, last year you could look at hot zones for pro am (and rec), park and mycareer. This year there's only one set of hot zones. It appears they light up in the pro am gym even though in my case, all my hot zones have come from playing mycareer.

Answered my own question by playing. Yes.

Seems to me they've combined them into one this year. Anyone have any insight on this?

Last edited by Erithtotl; 09-10-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hot Zones same across all modes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Looking at your stats, last year you could look at hot zones for pro am (and rec), park and mycareer. This year there's only one set of hot zones. It appears they light up in the pro am gym even though in my case, all my hot zones have come from playing mycareer.

Answered my own question by playing. Yes.

Seems to me they've combined them into one this year. Anyone have any insight on this?

If you go to the %part you will see pro am and park hotzones.

My proam/jrc differs from mycareer although ive seen hotzone hunter trigger based on mycareer in jrc i think lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2020, 09:55 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
If you go to the %part you will see pro am and park hotzones.

My proam/jrc differs from mycareer although ive seen hotzone hunter trigger based on mycareer in jrc i think lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Those aren't hot zones, those are just shooting percentages.

The hot zone tab doesn't have a breakdown. I can confirm that my hotzone hunter triggers in rec based on my mycareer zones.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:03 AM   #4
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I heard they decided to make Hot zones across all modes which I personally do not like. A lot of people just put MyCareer on Pro and grind hot zones. I like playing MyCareer and I also like playing Park, Rec/ProAm. So that puts me at a disadvantage because I like playing MyCareer on HOF.

I do not understand why it wasn’t left like it was because it made the most sense. Should be a MyCareer hotzone and maybe combine all the online modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Yeah, I heard they decided to make Hot zones across all modes which I personally do not like. A lot of people just put MyCareer on Pro and grind hot zones. I like playing MyCareer and I also like playing Park, Rec/ProAm. So that puts me at a disadvantage because I like playing MyCareer on HOF.

I do not understand why it wasn’t left like it was because it made the most sense. Should be a MyCareer hotzone and maybe combine all the online modes.

Well considering pretty much everyone who doesn't have a play/shot with a 90+ 3 have cold zones all over in rec, it seems like a good decision otherwise it makes it near impossible for them to ever get hot zones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Well considering pretty much everyone who doesn't have a play/shot with a 90+ 3 have cold zones all over in rec, it seems like a good decision otherwise it makes it near impossible for them to ever get hot zones.

Seems fair then. Means they can’t really shoot. It’s people that doesn’t have cold zones with a 3pt rating around 75.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-13-2020, 01:13 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23

yea it's awful. My friend was telling me how boring playing vs the cpu was, and I was like well, it's not so bad... just go super hard. Push yourself to the brink and if you feel like it, put it on Hall of Fame.

I could never enjoy the era of pro 12 min... scoring 120 points to get your badges. I wanna actually enjoy the game and take it as it comes. they've def moved a long way in that, but the hot zone thing makes no sense. I dunno, tho, how much they matter.

There should not be hot zones online for MC UNLESS it's something we pick. Like you got 2 hot zones, 3 as certain scorers, and you gotta take x cold zones to pick up any more. Grinding for hot zones is like having to buy boosts to compete online haha.

-Smak
Old 09-14-2020, 02:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
yea it's awful. My friend was telling me how boring playing vs the cpu was, and I was like well, it's not so bad... just go super hard. Push yourself to the brink and if you feel like it, put it on Hall of Fame.

I could never enjoy the era of pro 12 min... scoring 120 points to get your badges. I wanna actually enjoy the game and take it as it comes. they've def moved a long way in that, but the hot zone thing makes no sense. I dunno, tho, how much they matter.

There should not be hot zones online for MC UNLESS it's something we pick. Like you got 2 hot zones, 3 as certain scorers, and you gotta take x cold zones to pick up any more. Grinding for hot zones is like having to buy boosts to compete online haha.

-Smak
I just played 6 min quarters and progress my badges as I go, I'm not really having to, or trying to score 120 points. I don't need all my badges immediately, I just enjoy the game and level up when I have one. I've never really felt myself forcing this game for badges or hot zones like some people I guess I don't understand that. What's the point of playing the game if there isn't anything to earn or acquire after 2 days?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »