Home

Barkley Says Give Old Retired Players $1M and I'll be in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Barkley Says Give Old Retired Players $1M and I'll be in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2020, 10:53 PM   #17

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Barkley Says Give Old Retired Players $1M and I'll be in NBA 2K

Credit to him for caring enough to not just give in.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:42 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Because 2K hasn't offered Sir Charles 1 million. I doubt Jordan gets that and if he does... he's the only one.

I doubt that honestly. All those guys who come in and do scenes prol get paid. 2k11 feat MJ def netted him much money, and I'm sure Jordan is making money every year from 2k.

1 mill is tough because there are a lot of retired players. I dunno if there is such a way to buy those rights in a way that wouldn't be contested, either. If it was like 'add all players to cart' at 1mil per, they might do it (??), but it's a big can of worms. The game could definitely benefit from getting all the players in. I actually kind of do care about missing mid-tier players as much as having a guy like Barkley. If you're gonna put a team, I want the full team.

-Smak
Old 09-14-2020, 01:54 AM   #19
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Respect to Sir Charles for putting the other vets before himself. Imho he's asking for peanuts compared to the bag 2K pulls in from game sales and ALL these microtransactions, 2K is doing the low-balling or it would've happened already after ALL these years. . .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2020, 05:25 AM   #20
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

I care about missing the role players too but fully understand from a business perspective why they don't feel compelled to drop too much coin to get the Juwan Howard's of the world in.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:01 AM   #21
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I care about missing the role players too but fully understand from a business perspective why they don't feel compelled to drop too much coin to get the Juwan Howard's of the world in.
Yep. I'd even extend that to Barkley and Reggie. I'm sure 2K would love to have them but they have every other major legend in the game with whatever the price structure is. Why create a special exception for either one? Neither dude will make a difference in game sales and 2K knows that. I respect their stance but I get why 2K passes. Just because they make a lot of money on the game doesn't mean they should just throw it at any and everything. That doesn't make sense from a financial perspective.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

Barkley said something that made me realize he has no idea what he's talking about - that he's just an old man yelling at a cloud.

Quote:
There’s players older than me who didn’t make any money. Those are the guys, they’re older and probably need the money, so that’s why I’m not in the video game.”
There are 67 Classic teams in NBA 2K21.
Charles made his NBA debut in 1985.
A grand total of SIX Classic teams pre-date 1985.

2K's acquisition strategy has been about about acquiring marketable names. Players well-known enough to sell packs, that they can throw on an All-Time team. 2K isn't looking to pay minor players. With apologies to the Dick Cunningham's of the world, nobody gives a **** if Greg Kite or DJ Mbenga is in the game or not.

The players Barkley wants to get paid, 2K has no interest in them. As far as older players, who are they even missing that matters from the 60s/70s/80s?
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 09-14-2020 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #23
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Very old quote. I think he said 5 or 6 years ago.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #24
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I'd like to still know some of the finer details on this. I think players should be properly compensated but there is such a thing as players asking too much.

Personally, I'd rather have full classic teams with your DJ Mbenga's and whatnot than to have just random overpowered players in MyTeam. Some of my favorite players of all time were just random role players who wouldn't be in otherwise and I have absolutely no desire at all to play as a classic team with only 5 or 6 real players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »