Home

Barkley Says Give Old Retired Players $1M and I'll be in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Barkley Says Give Old Retired Players $1M and I'll be in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-14-2020, 09:05 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Barkley Says Give Old Retired Players $1M and I'll be in NBA 2K

He has been saying this for years but never gave a specific price but I could be wrong.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:29 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

Iíve said this before but if Barkley isnít added fairly soon, nobody will care. I watched him play when he was at his peak. I played video games with stick figure Charles Barkley in them. Iíd love to have him in the game. If I was 18 yrs old, I wouldnít care. As time passes it just wonít be a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #35
MVP

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Because 2K hasn't offered Sir Charles 1 million. I doubt Jordan gets that and if he does... he's the only one.
God help us all if Jordan's not the only one. If he's not, he's gonna take it personally....and we all know how that will end. Steve Kerr might want to warn the higher ups at 2K to have some ice and Advil on hand.

Last edited by [email protected]; 09-14-2020 at 09:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2020, 02:00 AM   #36
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Iíve said this before but if Barkley isnít added fairly soon, nobody will care. I watched him play when he was at his peak. I played video games with stick figure Charles Barkley in them. Iíd love to have him in the game. If I was 18 yrs old, I wouldnít care. As time passes it just wonít be a big deal.
I'd also love to see Barkley in the game but you're right. Younger players these days don't really care about old retired NBA players and are 2k's largest demographic who buy the game every year. They just jump directly to Park.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:35 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
PER YEAR. Can't stress this enough, it's the most important detail.
That's still nothing. 2k is part Take Two who earned 3 billion this fiscal year!
Old 09-15-2020, 02:10 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMax
That's still nothing. 2k is part Take Two who earned 3 billion this fiscal year!
How many more units do you think they would move if they included Barkley? Because unless it's moving an extra 1.5 million units, it's a terrible investment for 2K/Take-Two.

SPOILER: Adding an aging former all-star that the kids today only know because he makes outlandish comments in a pre-game show will not move an extra million units, no matter how you butter the bread
Old 09-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
How many more units do you think they would move if they included Barkley? Because unless it's moving an extra 1.5 million units, it's a terrible investment for 2K/Take-Two.

SPOILER: Adding an aging former all-star that the kids today only know because he makes outlandish comments in a pre-game show will not move an extra million units, no matter how you butter the bread
I'd say a few million for sure. Barkley is still an icon, around the world, so including him would mean they could add the Dream Team 92 as well as his 92-93 Suns, 96-97 Rockets among others and over the long haul they could definitely benefit from making sure retired players are profiting. Marketing wise they could go nuts with former players going around the country to promote it, Barkley could endorse it, they could sponsor some TNT stuff and get Barkley on their pre-game, half-time and post-game show which would also bring in a more authentic feel. They might even be able to get the TNT license that way. Picture adds at games, TNT promoting it, etc. Would definitely bring in some serious revenue. Ow and I think there's a very solid chance Barkley allowing his likeliness for 2k would make Reggie chance his stance as well.

Last edited by OTMax; 09-15-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:41 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMax
Barkley is still an icon, around the world, so including him would mean they could add the Dream Team 92
Not exactly. USA Basketball is a separate entity from the NBA, which is why we only see the Olympic teams every four years.

Quote:
Marketing wise they could go nuts with former players going around the country to promote it, Barkley could endorse it, they could sponsor some TNT stuff and get Barkley on their pre-game, half-time and post-game show which would also bring in a more authentic feel
This is much different from getting his player rights.

Quote:
They might even be able to get the TNT license that way. Picture adds at games, TNT promoting it, etc. Would definitely bring in some serious revenue.
We're way past 1 million dollars at this point.

Quote:
I think there's a very solid chance Barkley allowing his likeliness for 2k would make Reggie chance his stance as well
Before we venture too deep into magical Christmas land, he'd want the exact same deal Chuck got. As would every other player that held out.

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 09-15-2020 at 04:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »