Home

Playstation 5 US release date 11-12-2020

This is a discussion on Playstation 5 US release date 11-12-2020 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2020, 12:23 PM   #25
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Playstation 5 US release date 11-12-2020

Online and physical pre-orders all gone in my area.....I got ps3 and ps4 a month after release.

Maybe that’s a better idea. Let everyone else put down the cash and try it out 2k21 first, if I remember correctly 2k14 on PS4 wasn’t even playable online for like 2 months when it first came out.

The new nba season won’t even start until Xmas day at the earliest. Lots of flags here saying to wait a bit........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #26
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Online and physical pre-orders all gone in my area.....I got ps3 and ps4 a month after release.

Maybe that’s a better idea. Let everyone else put down the cash and try it out 2k21 first, if I remember correctly 2k14 on PS4 wasn’t even playable online for like 2 months when it first came out.

The new nba season won’t even start until Xmas day at the earliest. Lots of flags here saying to wait a bit........
Yeah, I hate that the NBA season is indirectly influencing my decision to purchase NBA 2K21. If all things were normal, I probably would have bought both current and next-gen NBA 2K21 without blinking an eye. Being a PNO player (not as hardcore due to REC), I like to play with new rosters. I'm mad that Domas is still injured on the current roster in NBA 2K20.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Yeah, I hate that the NBA season is indirectly influencing my decision to purchase NBA 2K21. If all things were normal, I probably would have bought both current and next-gen NBA 2K21 without blinking an eye. Being a PNO player (not as hardcore due to REC), I like to play with new rosters. I'm mad that Domas is still injured on the current roster in NBA 2K20.
I'm in the same boat. I didnt play 2k14. But I was 100% set on buying 2k21 at launch even after quickly selling 2k20 and knowing I wouldn't play current gen 2k21. But the 20-21 uncertainty is affecting my decision. I want to to date rosters before I start a mode. I might end up waiting until the actual 20-21 season starts before I buy the game.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I know this is a "ps5" post. My point is to push back against people with an only ps5 mentality, to show that there is another great console coming out too, and this is an exciting time for gaming no matter what console you want.

Xbox:

Game Pass

Play and stream countless titles from your cell phone, tablet, or PC

Arguably better specs

PS5:

Some better exclusive titles

In my opinion PS5 has been the typical choice "just because" but times seem to be changing. The Xbox One X was better than the Ps4 Pro, and it appears the new Series X has arguably better specs than the PS5. But they will be close either way.

What we have to see now is that this is the future of gaming: game streaming. PS5 seems like a short-sighted choice because of that. Xbox giving you the ability to play your titles on nearly any device and on the go is a huge game changer. Some stadia titles have cross play so you could use the same xbox controller to play with stadia.

Bottom line is this: If you want value, and you don't even have a 4k tv anyway, just get the Xbox Series S. If you want the best of the best, get the Series X, and on both consoles, you can stream your games on the go when you want,

Plus, add in the fact that the consoles have financing plans, and if you consider the cost of game pass ultimate+the console, you are actually financing them for LESS THAN RETAIL price. The fact that you can pay just $25 a month and get started on next gen, playing games on your console or phone, that is a game changer, especially for those with 1080p tvs.

And if you have an iPhone and can't game stream. Hopefully you can see how stupid Apple's recent practices are to game streaming. They literally think game streaming services should list each game individually, forcing us to download hundreds of titles onto our phone separately, despite the fact that Netflix is allowed to keep their whole catalog in the app.

If you choose the PS5 that's fine. Just consider the fact that you have great options no matter what console you choose.

I hope and think game streaming as the norm is still a long ways away. At this point a lot of games, NBA 2K included, can barely cobble together a smooth online experience without noticeable input lag. That’s with a bunch of the content already installed client side. I shudder to think what the user experience would be like in an online streamed game right now and in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2020, 04:13 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa

I may wait until xmas to get the next gen console and for the first time in my life not deal with the hustle and bustle of getting a console on launch day......... maybe I’m getting old lol but the first run of sports games on a new console are generally slimmed down on features and I feel like it won’t be a big deal to hold off

Old 09-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #30
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85
I may wait until xmas to get the next gen console and for the first time in my life not deal with the hustle and bustle of getting a console on launch day......... maybe I’m getting old lol but the first run of sports games on a new console are generally slimmed down on features and I feel like it won’t be a big deal to hold off

You're right about sports games...I'm just doing it for the graphics, lol.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #31
Banned

RobertJKeeton42's Arena

I have to wait until November to buy mine. They were sold out when I tried buying mine at all outlets.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #32
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I hope and think game streaming as the norm is still a long ways away. At this point a lot of games, NBA 2K included, can barely cobble together a smooth online experience without noticeable input lag. That’s with a bunch of the content already installed client side. I shudder to think what the user experience would be like in an online streamed game right now and in the near future.

I have less input lag on google stadia, on a 30 mbps connection than I do on NBA 2k.

The servers of NBA 2k, that is completely their problem. Other sports games have decent servers, online shooters like Gears and COD have little input lag,

The fact that 2k has bad servers is simply because they are lazy.

They raised the prices of next gen games, while many companies are not. I am completely fine with them doing that, if they didn't make their game based on vc and pay to win tactics. They make so much money on my team, the game, sooo much money is made on 2k. No reason for them to have bad servers.

But yes, the future in some ways is far off.

But I played Gears of War yesterday from home. On a 30 mbps connection. The input lag was there but it was pretty minimal and I was still able to enjoy the game.

I sold my Xbox One X to get maximum value 2 months ago.. I wanted to sell it before the new consoles release. I've been gaming on my smartphone to get me by and it's been so nice. And I've got a Tab S7 coming in next week, which I can also game on while I wait for the new console

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »