Home

Playstation 5 US release date 11-12-2020

This is a discussion on Playstation 5 US release date 11-12-2020 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2020, 07:53 PM   #33
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playstation 5 US release date 11-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I know this is a "ps5" post. My point is to push back against people with an only ps5 mentality, to show that there is another great console coming out too, and this is an exciting time for gaming no matter what console you want.

Xbox:
Game Pass
Play and stream countless titles from your cell phone, tablet, or PC
Arguably better specs

PS5:
Some better exclusive titles

In my opinion PS5 has been the typical choice "just because" but times seem to be changing. The Xbox One X was better than the Ps4 Pro, and it appears the new Series X has arguably better specs than the PS5. But they will be close either way.

What we have to see now is that this is the future of gaming: game streaming. PS5 seems like a short-sighted choice because of that. Xbox giving you the ability to play your titles on nearly any device and on the go is a huge game changer. Some stadia titles have cross play so you could use the same xbox controller to play with stadia.

Bottom line is this: If you want value, and you don't even have a 4k tv anyway, just get the Xbox Series S. If you want the best of the best, get the Series X, and on both consoles, you can stream your games on the go when you want,

Plus, add in the fact that the consoles have financing plans, and if you consider the cost of game pass ultimate+the console, you are actually financing them for LESS THAN RETAIL price. The fact that you can pay just $25 a month and get started on next gen, playing games on your console or phone, that is a game changer, especially for those with 1080p tvs.

And if you have an iPhone and can't game stream. Hopefully you can see how stupid Apple's recent practices are to game streaming. They literally think game streaming services should list each game individually, forcing us to download hundreds of titles onto our phone separately, despite the fact that Netflix is allowed to keep their whole catalog in the app.

If you choose the PS5 that's fine. Just consider the fact that you have great options no matter what console you choose.
It's still left to be seen whether or not the SS will even be utilized as a baseline for AAA titles such as 2K, and with it's highly inferior GPU (lower than the OX) and split memory banks w/drastically lower speeds, I'd hold off on the SS until we see gameplay results.

With various artificial techniques (anti-aliasing, variable rate-shading, DLSS 2.0, etc.) to enhance visuals, games with look practically the same in real-time for both the PS5 and SX.

Personally if I had to choose, I'd go with the PS5. It has a larger install base, which gives weigh to devs for more optimization.

But other than that, yeah it doesn't matter.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:02 AM   #34
Rookie

Millsy's Arena

OVR: 0

Did you guys in America get screwed over by Sony with preorders just dropping without notice 🙄

It was a complete cluster **** here in Australia.

The PS5 event was on at 6am, after that all us normal ppl get ready and then head to work.
No notice and preorders live at 8am, if you weren't on social media ect.. you missed out on day 1 release.
My with college was watching the a replay of the event on his phone at work, around 10am he seen on social PS5 preorders soldout.
I was like WTF.. called EB Games and they did Sony didn't inform them about it, they were told next week for preoders any they would have time to advertise.
I had a presale preorder with them, didn't mean anything.

Next preoders dropped at 10:45am, 2nd shipment.
I was lucky to get that one.
Paid $230 deposit for a console, extra controller, headset, media remote.
Have $835 still to pay 😆

Last preorder went off at 12:30pm, those ones release in 2021 at some stage.

I have friends who didn't know a thing about it and missed out all together.
Some of them are now jumping over to Xbox, can't blame them really.

That was pretty poor bussiness management by Sony & I'm sure some of the retailers are also to blame as well..

Last night I checked lots of other retailers here and sites, seemed like everywhere was soldout..
Old 09-18-2020, 01:22 AM   #35
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsy
Did you guys in America get screwed over by Sony with preorders just dropping without notice 🙄

It was a complete cluster **** here in Australia.

The PS5 event was on at 6am, after that all us normal ppl get ready and then head to work.
No notice and preorders live at 8am, if you weren't on social media ect.. you missed out on day 1 release.
My with college was watching the a replay of the event on his phone at work, around 10am he seen on social PS5 preorders soldout.
I was like WTF.. called EB Games and they did Sony didn't inform them about it, they were told next week for preoders any they would have time to advertise.
I had a presale preorder with them, didn't mean anything.

Next preoders dropped at 10:45am, 2nd shipment.
I was lucky to get that one.
Paid $230 deposit for a console, extra controller, headset, media remote.
Have $835 still to pay 😆

Last preorder went off at 12:30pm, those ones release in 2021 at some stage.

I have friends who didn't know a thing about it and missed out all together.
Some of them are now jumping over to Xbox, can't blame them really.

That was pretty poor bussiness management by Sony & I'm sure some of the retailers are also to blame as well..

Last night I checked lots of other retailers here and sites, seemed like everywhere was soldout..
Can't put all the blame on Sony, Walmart basically said screw your release date you can pre order now and all the other retailers followed suit. It took me hours to get one, eventually go lucky on Amazon because IGN comments posted the secret order link.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 02:07 AM   #36
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I love walmart right now. Was sitting around last night and googled ps5 pre orders and first link was walmart.ca clicked on it and was surprised there was an option to put in cart. Jumped all over that. Lol
Old 09-18-2020, 11:59 AM   #37
Rookie

cookemcurt's Arena

OVR: 1

quick question...

Does 2k21 next gen even have a confirmed release date yet?

I just saw on target it says 12/31, unless that's just a placeholder date.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #38
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Placeholder . Ronnie2k said expect it the week of if not the day of ps5 release .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-19-2020, 12:22 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

I got my PS5 pre ordered. NBA2k21 for next gen still won't be all set up by the time. The draft is 11/18, we don't know FA, and we don't know season start date. I hope the developers are on the ball constantly updating when the FA signings and trades occur before the season starts.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:59 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFireThoseCannons
I got my PS5 pre ordered. NBA2k21 for next gen still won't be all set up by the time. The draft is 11/18, we don't know FA, and we don't know season start date. I hope the developers are on the ball constantly updating when the FA signings and trades occur before the season starts.
Yeah, I'll be waiting until the Draft is FA is over. I don't want to start playing until I have 20-21 rosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »