Home

NBA 2K21 Teach Me How To Thread: Beginner Tips, Advance Controls, + Pro Player Moves

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Teach Me How To Thread: Beginner Tips, Advance Controls, + Pro Player Moves within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2020, 02:21 AM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K21 Teach Me How To Thread: Beginner Tips, Advance Controls, + Pro Player Moves

Hey everyone on OS is Sam ! Happy to continue the tradition of starting this annual thread around launch week. I will post my best tutorials for beginner tips + advance control in this thread, but this year I will also put videos of 2K moves by professional players from the 2K League that I work with.

As always feel free to leave question for me and others to answer. I look forward to helping and also learning from you guys all year long in 2K21.

Here's tutorial #1 from 2K21:

This one is essential to learn from players of all levels. The "hash drive" has been very OP in the last two versions of 2K but it seems to be even strong in 2K21. When combined with the new mechanics we have to further manipulate the spacing of the court, this hash drive technique is devastating when done with a pick and roll. Check it out.

Here's an important spacing tutorial that shows how you can make the most of your freelance.Also I'll show you how you can use additional "spacing triggers" in the game as personal options to alter your freelance of choice; exactly to your liking depending on your lineup.

Here's the first double RS flick dribble move n 2K history that allows you to split a defense. This move is beautiful PLUS is extremely effective at protecting the ball within a crowd.

Here's the best defensive settings from this year. CPU team defense and its ability to communicate properly with the user is even better this year ! Check it out:

New shooting method post patch, I find this feature getting better and better plus more consistent to green as a user invest more reps into it:

Here's how you can use that triple threat as a base to launch off a series of deadly jumpers + drives.

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 09-19-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K21 Teach Me How To Thread: Beginner Tips, Advance Controls, + Pro Player Mo

Sam can you explain how the On-The-Fly defensive coaching adjustments work? I'm talking about Shrink the Floor, No Threes etc. How do they affect your defensive settings?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 09-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K21 Teach Me How To Thread: Beginner Tips, Advance Controls, + Pro Player Mo

Aw man, I wanted to be the first to post the defense split. I just discovered it last night, lol

Good stuff Pham.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #4
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Aw man, I wanted to be the first to post the defense split. I just discovered it last night, lol

Good stuff Pham.
I gotten even better with it and i can use it for pnr drives and blow by press defenses up court lol I will post that tutorial later.

*One question, I still want to post some of my best tips on OS for everyone here to see. I don't think I should start a new thread on every great mechanical tip tho. I can continue to just add to this thread (if it isn't sticky-ed) like previous years correct ?
Old 09-10-2020, 05:48 PM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
I gotten even better with it and i can use it for pnr drives and blow by press defenses up court lol I will post that tutorial later.

*One question, I still want to post some of my best tips on OS for everyone here to see. I don't think I should start a new thread on every great mechanical tip tho. I can continue to just add to this thread (if it isn't sticky-ed) like previous years correct ?
honestly i for myself like to have a New Thread everytime. i hate These massive 10+ pages long threads where you never find anything again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2020, 01:30 AM   #6
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Has anyone else seen an odd kind of "sticking" coming off PNRs? Almost feels as though an invisible hand is holding me back. Any tips on avoiding that and being more explosive off the screen?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-13-2020, 04:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

https://www.2k.com/manual/nba2k21/.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:48 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

Sampham do you have any slider sets you use for cpu?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »