Home

Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball

This is a discussion on Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #161
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I hope the whole modded controller fiasco doesn’t make its way to next gen .
I doubt it. It's still a problem in the COD community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #162
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
whats your psn?
I'm currently retired from PS4. I'll buy again when prices go down on the PS5.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #163
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Yeah its everything but tough shooting.

Heck played with a pg yesterday who basicially took the inbound ran to the top of the 3 pnt line and jacked up a pull up contested 3 everytime he had the ball.

The sad part is that every time i wanted to get on the mic to yell him to stop that nonesense he made a shot.

Dude went like 10 out of 22 doing this crap.
We won because i was playing against a bunch of midgets at the 4 and 5 and the PF i was playing with was stretch who was wide open as they tried to stop me in the paint lol.

Dude has no bussines hitting any of those shots.....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
smh. 2K says there's a 'skill gap' though so it's probably just he's really amazing at 2k...

Ima make a perimeter lock my next build just so I can clamp these chuckers up and then watch them go 7-25 haha
Old 10-21-2020, 04:27 AM   #164
Banned

Witnessed another one of these cheese OP pm sc score 40.

Op speed
Op handles
Op 3pt

Spam behind screen
5 out

Every year

Fun af. Tbh I think it's time for a new Gameplay Director. He had a good run, but his idea of what basketball is has become totally deluded and deformed. Dude totally sold out it's pathetic. Literally the same cheese gameplay...Every. Single. Year.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:32 AM   #165
Banned

The problem is this game hasn't been judged on BASKETBALL for years. Do they even quality test their game. Do the Devs ever monitor Rec or Pro Am Gameplay???

It's obvious the only metric 2K is using is revenue and Twitter and YouTube PR.
If the masses don't like something (even if it's realistic), it's patched to dumb down the game so that they don't get 2K anxiety about sucking.

2K's mission has changed from "make the best basketball game simulation ever" to "make as much money as possible." EA 2.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 01:13 PM   #166
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks

Op speed
Op handles
Op 3pt

Spam behind screen
5 out

Every year

Fun af. Tbh I think it's time for a new Gameplay Director. He had a good run, but his idea of what basketball is has become totally deluded and deformed. Dude totally sold out it's pathetic. Literally the same cheese gameplay...Every. Single. Year.
It wasn't this bad before tbh or even at launch. They couldn't hit 3's off the dribble only pure sharps could then i dunno what they did to shooting.

I think they gave the casuals what they wanted for current gen as they focus on the next.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:49 PM   #167
Banned

In my dream world 2k would split into two games , one for sim and one for Park.

It just always seems crazy to me that they would think they could develop one uniform game mechanic that would work for sim players doing a franchise as well as users playing against each other on a playground lol
Old 10-24-2020, 03:55 AM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks

Op speed
Op handles
Op 3pt

Spam behind screen
5 out

Every year

Why do you think running behind screens and shooting is a 2k problem and why do you think those exact same players who play this way, would pick up Live and run real plays from an NBA offense?

I think some of these complaints are odd to me for an online game. I don't care how people play on the team I'm going against, and on my own team I don't care as long as they're not trolling and passing the ball to open players. Beyond that, how else do you expect to get into a setting with 9 other individuals and expect to see a full basketball sim? If people lack general basketball fundamentals like spacing, cutting to the rim, passing to the mismatch, etc, you can't expect the developer to change that. Kids pick up the stick, spam turbo and steal, spam screens, etc.

It's almost like picking up call of duty and getting pissed at Infinity Ward because nobody plays like real war, they just camp shotguns in corners and run around. Even in tactical game modes you can't control how they play the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »