Home

New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21?

This is a discussion on New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21?

This has to be the least excited I've ever been for a NBA 2K game. In my opinion I have to wonder why even release the game under current gen when it seems not much has changed with the game. Also, the real NBA season that started last year is still going on. If there are no new classic teams this year 09 Lakers, 09 Magic, a Reggie Miller led Pacer Team, Charles Barkley led Phoenix team, etc then I may have to skip NBA 2K21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: New Classic Teams in NBA 2K21?

This whole year has been crazy. You cant really fault 2K for releasing the game when it's supposed to release, especially with next gen (and their crown jewel) dropping a few months later. There almost has to be at least one Kobe led championship team, right? 2K20 had Kobe, Pau, and added Lamar Odom to MyTeam. I can see the 09 Lakers and 09 Magic.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:57 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm not counting on any additions. In fact, my biggest hope is that there's not a repeat of the last gen crossover when all the classic players reverted to monstrosities that took half the generation to fix up.

I'm also always fearful of losing the little things that were built up on the last gen to really bring everything together. Seems like XBoxOne/PS4 era was largely spent pining for the return of classic aspects that were already there in 2K12. And now just a few years after finally getting the classic signature dunks right, Jordan's layup package and ball fake back, signature dribble styles (Magic, Isiah, DJ), and an insane amount of classic jerseys with custom shorts length, it's time to move on to the next gen.

I hope all of that stuff makes a smooth transition this time around, with all classic teams making the cut too.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:26 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I’m just hoping they were able to get more real players added to their classic teams. How are you gonna have the 03-04 Pistons without Prince and Sheed?
Old 08-14-2020, 06:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Wouldn't hold my breath. With covid-19 and budgets tighter than usual, I'd say 2 teams max and one should be a Kobe championship team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 08:07 AM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I’m just hoping they were able to get more real players added to their classic teams. How are you gonna have the 03-04 Pistons without Prince and Sheed?
Shred won't do it. I don't know what Prince problem is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #7
Rookie

I am pretty sure I saw or read somewhere they are adding 5 new classic teams this year. hoping its more but with the new systems coming out, I am sure we will be able to what the PC guys are doing with those retro rosters.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #8
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

That'd be shocking to me if they added new classic teams this year. The pattern is to skip at least a year before adding any new ones: 2k16, 2k18, 2k20.

As it is, a lot of the 2000's & 2010's classic teams are on life support with how many players keep retiring & 2k losing their licenses.

How are you gonna have the 2005 & 2014 spurs with no Ginobili? 2004 Pistons with no Prince (it was bad with no Sheed, but now it's worse). No Joe Johnson on 2005 Suns. No Scola on the 2008 Rockets & 2014 Pacers. The 2008 Hornets were removed entirely. No David West. We've even had times when we didn't have Nash, Dr. J, Jason Terry, or Chris Bosh in the game.

I'm all for new classic teams every year, but at what point do we try to salvage what we already have?

Also as a side note, why do people keep asking about Reggie Miller & Charles Barkley? This has been beaten to death for almost a decade now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »