Home

The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

This is a discussion on The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2007
The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

I have said this over and over but I'm just me and I have no super duper clout or a gaming channel, yet.

Shot timing meters or just shot timing period, should gauge if you are releasing at the right point.

A green release SHOULD basically mean, ... Good Job, you have perfectly released your shot and will not be penalized in that part of the equation. However, we will now take into account the range of the shot, how contested it was, your badges/attributes, hotspots, placebo boosts and takeover meter progress to calculate a realistic make percentage for said shot. Let's see the result.

Greens shouldn't mean it's definitely going so nobody crash, just get back. Even in that little window of knowing the shot is going in, a piece of the game and realism is missing. Imagine if a player stopped playing or played as if the shot is going in anyway once the ball is released in the NBA. Heck NCAA or High School for that matter.

Even with a hack, one hundred percent shooting shouldn't be possible. There are people who can shoot thirty for thirty from the three point line if you leave them open in a Rec Game, EVERY GAME! Who can do this in real life? A ninety-nine three point attribute should yield whatever the highest three point shooting percentage was in the NBA the previous year or a little above it unless it's a park game. Heck, make the percentage fluctuate during the season to match.

I'll leave with this, in 2k20 I shot EIGHT for FIFTEEN from the arc and I was deemed "TRASH" by the random teammates I was assigned to play with because, I MISSED SEVEN SHOTS. I did excellent on defense and carried us defensively outside of the paint while adding SIX assist at the small forward position but I was TRASH.
__________________
I grinded on a Brickhouse build for most of the night. I used the bronze Hot Start and bronze Worm badges. The Box was Hall Of Fame so I decided to use HOF Backdown Punisher and Pogo Stick. As a Volume Shooter I went with Gold Slithery, Relentless Finisher and Gold Dream Shake.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
sooperb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
Pro
 
Iasounis's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
I have said this over and over but I'm just me and I have no super duper clout or a gaming channel, yet.

Shot timing meters or just shot timing period, should gauge if you are releasing at the right point.

A green release SHOULD basically mean, ... Good Job, you have perfectly released your shot and will not be penalized in that part of the equation. However, we will now take into account the range of the shot, how contested it was, your badges/attributes, hotspots, placebo boosts and takeover meter progress to calculate a realistic make percentage for said shot. Let's see the result.

Greens shouldn't mean it's definitely going so nobody crash, just get back. Even in that little window of knowing the shot is going in, a piece of the game and realism is missing. Imagine if a player stopped playing or played as if the shot is going in anyway once the ball is released in the NBA. Heck NCAA or High School for that matter.

Even with a hack, one hundred percent shooting shouldn't be possible. There are people who can shoot thirty for thirty from the three point line if you leave them open in a Rec Game, EVERY GAME! Who can do this in real life? A ninety-nine three point attribute should yield whatever the highest three point shooting percentage was in the NBA the previous year or a little above it unless it's a park game. Heck, make the percentage fluctuate during the season to match.

I'll leave with this, in 2k20 I shot EIGHT for FIFTEEN from the arc and I was deemed "TRASH" by the random teammates I was assigned to play with because, I MISSED SEVEN SHOTS. I did excellent on defense and carried us defensively outside of the paint while adding SIX assist at the small forward position but I was TRASH.
Welcome to my world....
__________________
PSN: KarlMarx24
Iasounis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
MVP
 
howardphillips214's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

Green release should be a 60% make at 99 three, and evry HOF badge in the game and wide open. You can green for the BEST PERCENTAGE POSSIBLE, but it should still be a dice roll every time.

70 rating should cap at .33 MAX.

anything under a 70 should be a bad shot.
howardphillips214 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary
 
ChaseB's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,054
Blog Entries: 17
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

Preaching to the choir.
__________________
Don't look at me, I'm hideous.
ChaseB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP
 
tru11's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Green release should be a 60% make at 99 three, and evry HOF badge in the game and wide open. You can green for the BEST PERCENTAGE POSSIBLE, but it should still be a dice roll every time.

70 rating should cap at .33 MAX.

anything under a 70 should be a bad shot.


Yup


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
tru11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #6
MVP
 
howardphillips214's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

If kids were greening every shot they took and still missed, i would watch videos of kids crying for HOURS. LOLOLOL


"IT WAS GREEEEEEEEEEENNNNN AAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

*head explodes*
howardphillips214 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:12 AM   #7
MVP
 
jk31's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
If kids were greening every shot they took and still missed, i would watch videos of kids crying for HOURS. LOLOLOL


"IT WAS GREEEEEEEEEEENNNNN AAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

*head explodes*
Well thats basically how it was in older games.


Yes, i want to have that back, at least as an Option for offline and MLO Play!
jk31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Preaching to the choir.
Iíve noticed itís come to that people on here cry for realism myself included and they go on twitter to get feedback.

Iím not that tech savvy but how hard is it to keep NBA modes realistic and created player modes arcade NBA streets adjacent
OKC_35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Top -