Home

Head to Head, I can't remember the last time defense was this bad.

This is a discussion on Head to Head, I can't remember the last time defense was this bad. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #9
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Head to Head, I can't remember the last time defense was this bad.

Yeah, thats my thing. It should all be balanced. Shooters wanna shoot? Lemme yam on people. You wanna grab 25 rebounds a game at 7'3? Thats cool, imma slither around and score on your big *** all game.

Basketball has always been about give and take. There are more ways than one to score. But every year the three is king and everything else is lackluster.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:20 PM   #10
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Told you, it's NBA JAM.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-26-2020, 11:45 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Yea I strongly believe that the badges have way more affect on the game than we think it does.

Seems like 2k just don't want to tell us how effectively badges work and how OP they are in certain situations. Now Rudy can get dunked on but yea Ive had that happen to me (me controlling Gobert) and I'm getting smashed on, on numerous occasions... if anything that should be a foul or maybe a tough layup.

Thats why each year I do an overhaul on the badges and get rid off the badges (especially offensive) that are too OP.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This.

Before I start my season i strip most of the badges out. I'm looking form more of a sim experience and most of the badges create an JBA Jam experience. Great if you want that. But for me I gotta strip that stuff out.

Then there are tendency edits. Globally a reduce drive and finish tendencies while increasing dish to open man. I increase contest shots, foul, and foul hard tendencies.

with the right tweaks its a very good game. But it takes work to get rid of the twitter driven BS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Imo the first one (only watched one), had nothing to do with gobert. By the time he got there Simmons had already started the dunk animation and we know contact dunks are deadly. It's all about how far out you can do them. And that extra long statue of liberty poster almost always results in a trash dunk. I laugh when I see it.

Edit: I see you dudes arguing over badges n ratings. I think they both matter. Hitting break points matter, getting max in something (95), all those affect game play. I also think one thing people overlook is builds have innate abilities. I don't even think it's related to phys, but maybe it is. Still I've always felt defending players get special animations for rebs n blocks. It even matters at low rating.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 09-27-2020 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #13
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

badges can increase a overall rating by 8-10 points. Go test it out in CreateAPlayer.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Being a defensive guy I agree defense is bad but in some ways better.

Players will rotate to the paint for no reason even if the defender is in great position leaving the corners WIDE OPEN.

Transition defense does this too, players will rotate to the paint when the dribbler is above the 3 line to cover the paint. WTH?

I can have tight coverage yet my guy is sagging off or running to the paint to rotate when there is already a defender present.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #15
Rookie

m29a's Arena

At least regarding the transition defensive issues and that clip you showed with Gobert, I think a part of it is that the acceleration ratings for big men is often too low. Gobert is actually decently mobile for his size, and a 25 acceleration is laughable and results in him moving unrealistically slow. For reference, Horford's acceleration is 48.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 06:33 PM   #16
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
At least regarding the transition defensive issues and that clip you showed with Gobert, I think a part of it is that the acceleration ratings for big men is often too low. Gobert is actually decently mobile for his size, and a 25 acceleration is laughable and results in him moving unrealistically slow. For reference, Horford's acceleration is 48.
The way Embied, Horford and Porzingis run down my players for chase down blocks I can’t tell.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »