Home

The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

This is a discussion on The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

I have said this over and over but I'm just me and I have no super duper clout or a gaming channel, yet.

Shot timing meters or just shot timing period, should gauge if you are releasing at the right point.

A green release SHOULD basically mean, ... Good Job, you have perfectly released your shot and will not be penalized in that part of the equation. However, we will now take into account the range of the shot, how contested it was, your badges/attributes, hotspots, placebo boosts and takeover meter progress to calculate a realistic make percentage for said shot. Let's see the result.

Greens shouldn't mean it's definitely going so nobody crash, just get back. Even in that little window of knowing the shot is going in, a piece of the game and realism is missing. Imagine if a player stopped playing or played as if the shot is going in anyway once the ball is released in the NBA. Heck NCAA or High School for that matter.

Even with a hack, one hundred percent shooting shouldn't be possible. There are people who can shoot thirty for thirty from the three point line if you leave them open in a Rec Game, EVERY GAME! Who can do this in real life? A ninety-nine three point attribute should yield whatever the highest three point shooting percentage was in the NBA the previous year or a little above it unless it's a park game. Heck, make the percentage fluctuate during the season to match.

I'll leave with this, in 2k20 I shot EIGHT for FIFTEEN from the arc and I was deemed "TRASH" by the random teammates I was assigned to play with because, I MISSED SEVEN SHOTS. I did excellent on defense and carried us defensively outside of the paint while adding SIX assist at the small forward position but I was TRASH.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Simple Solution To Green Release IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
I have said this over and over but I'm just me and I have no super duper clout or a gaming channel, yet.

Shot timing meters or just shot timing period, should gauge if you are releasing at the right point.

A green release SHOULD basically mean, ... Good Job, you have perfectly released your shot and will not be penalized in that part of the equation. However, we will now take into account the range of the shot, how contested it was, your badges/attributes, hotspots, placebo boosts and takeover meter progress to calculate a realistic make percentage for said shot. Let's see the result.

Greens shouldn't mean it's definitely going so nobody crash, just get back. Even in that little window of knowing the shot is going in, a piece of the game and realism is missing. Imagine if a player stopped playing or played as if the shot is going in anyway once the ball is released in the NBA. Heck NCAA or High School for that matter.

Even with a hack, one hundred percent shooting shouldn't be possible. There are people who can shoot thirty for thirty from the three point line if you leave them open in a Rec Game, EVERY GAME! Who can do this in real life? A ninety-nine three point attribute should yield whatever the highest three point shooting percentage was in the NBA the previous year or a little above it unless it's a park game. Heck, make the percentage fluctuate during the season to match.

I'll leave with this, in 2k20 I shot EIGHT for FIFTEEN from the arc and I was deemed "TRASH" by the random teammates I was assigned to play with because, I MISSED SEVEN SHOTS. I did excellent on defense and carried us defensively outside of the paint while adding SIX assist at the small forward position but I was TRASH.
Welcome to my world....
Old 09-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Green release should be a 60% make at 99 three, and evry HOF badge in the game and wide open. You can green for the BEST PERCENTAGE POSSIBLE, but it should still be a dice roll every time.

70 rating should cap at .33 MAX.

anything under a 70 should be a bad shot.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Preaching to the choir.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Green release should be a 60% make at 99 three, and evry HOF badge in the game and wide open. You can green for the BEST PERCENTAGE POSSIBLE, but it should still be a dice roll every time.

70 rating should cap at .33 MAX.

anything under a 70 should be a bad shot.

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #6
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

If kids were greening every shot they took and still missed, i would watch videos of kids crying for HOURS. LOLOLOL

"IT WAS GREEEEEEEEEEENNNNN AAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

*head explodes*
Old 09-27-2020, 06:12 AM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
If kids were greening every shot they took and still missed, i would watch videos of kids crying for HOURS. LOLOLOL

"IT WAS GREEEEEEEEEEENNNNN AAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

*head explodes*
Well thats basically how it was in older games.

Yes, i want to have that back, at least as an Option for offline and MLO Play!
Old 09-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Preaching to the choir.
I’ve noticed it’s come to that people on here cry for realism myself included and they go on twitter to get feedback.

I’m not that tech savvy but how hard is it to keep NBA modes realistic and created player modes arcade NBA streets adjacent

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »