Home

Need help with these questions before buying 2k21

This is a discussion on Need help with these questions before buying 2k21 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2020, 11:28 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Need help with these questions before buying 2k21

Hi all, I have been trying to do some research here and there to get some more info about 2K21 before buying, but couldn’t really find some solid answers.

For myself, I just play offline against CPU, focus in MYLEAGUE, but as I cannot accept playing a NBA game with green releases, I cannot know the shot will go in before it actually goes in, this just doesn’t make sense to me at all, which is why I only got 2k20 for Switch (play for casual fun), and not on PS4.

But this year, I heard from someone here that the green release is gone now, no more weird lightings under players' feet, is this correct?

So the things I am really confused and want to be sure about are as below:

1. Is there anything wrong with shooting? Can I just take shots normally like back then? *I am still playing NBA 2K19 and having a lot of fun…shooting is not a big issue
  2. Is there anything that USER can do to exploit the CPU in offline game play?
  3. Is there anything particular weird about the CPU that makes the game unplayable?
  4. How much improvement is MyLeague?
Really desperate for some help here. Thanks guys.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 01:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Need help with these questions before buying 2k21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Hi all, I have been trying to do some research here and there to get some more info about 2K21 before buying, but couldn’t really find some solid answers.

For myself, I just play offline against CPU, focus in MYLEAGUE, but as I cannot accept playing a NBA game with green releases, I cannot know the shot will go in before it actually goes in, this just doesn’t make sense to me at all, which is why I only got 2k20 for Switch (play for casual fun), and not on PS4.

But this year, I heard from someone here that the green release is gone now, no more weird lightings under players' feet, is this correct?

So the things I am really confused and want to be sure about are as below:

1. Is there anything wrong with shooting? Can I just take shots normally like back then? *I am still playing NBA 2K19 and having a lot of fun…shooting is not a big issue
  2. Is there anything that USER can do to exploit the CPU in offline game play?
  3. Is there anything particular weird about the CPU that makes the game unplayable?
  4. How much improvement is MyLeague?
Really desperate for some help here. Thanks guys.

pretty sure I read you can turn off greens. They still happen but you won't be seeing them? Maybe the light still exists though, but this has been a big thing for a lot of people so I think if you turn off shot feedback or something it won't happen.

1. Shooting is fine imo.

2. Of course. Many things. Always will be. It's not like in the old games when you could consistently steal the outlet passes, etc, stuff like that, but yeah of course. Cpu has to be exploitable, as it cannot formulate a strategy, only react. I do think the D would be better suited to throw some zones to make certain play styles harder once it recognizes you're going to them.

3. Not that I know of, but it does seem like they slowed down the speed at which 6x simcast live goes... sucks.

4. Seems about the same? Still fleecing the cpu for distant first round picks that end up high.

I'd buy it at 40 or whatever man. It's the only bball atm. It's good enough. I skipped 2k19, but it looked pretty meh. 20 was surprisingly decent and 21 imo seems better, game play wise.

-Smak
Old 10-21-2020, 07:39 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Need help with these questions before buying 2k21

This is my first year playing 2K in a long time,. This pandemic has afforded me extra time to actually play video games so I jumped back into 2K. A lot has changed, but I've always been a current NBA team online player. I feel too old for my career in the park. The historic teams and tiered modes really upset me, I like to play with one team, so I ventured into myteam. I really liked it because I can play with one team, but the better I got the more this game pissed me off. It went from being fun, to mad sweats, to me wanted to break my controller, TV, or someone's face. Why is my 81 emerald team playing against 87s full of PDs. Then coming to understand whole cash cow system they have going with MT needed to get XP, really made this game company seem trash to me. For all the money they make changing monopoly money for real money, you'd think they'd have a better online experience. I've gotten constant losses for games my opponent quit, error codes, matchmaking losses for connection timeouts, etc... and they really don't seem to care while I lose my monopoly money and take an L.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »