Home

Harden wants to break 2k.

This is a discussion on Harden wants to break 2k. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Harden wants to break 2k.

Harden cant get it done on his own and with CP3 and Westbrook, so he wants to ballhog his way to BKN with KD and Kyrie? KD and Kyrie could ALREADY be one of the best duos in league history. Specifically with Nash and D'Antoni as coaches. But now Harden too? Thats so ********. Thats worse than KD going to Warriors and LBJ to Miami. Such babies in the NBA. Bron got #4 in a Bubble after 4 months off. I dont count that. But now this?

Come on broooooo. I hope Luka stays in Dallas his whole career and wins like 8 chips to become THA GOAT.

But this would literally be the best team in 2k history. How do you guard these guys in current or next gen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Harden wants to break 2k.

I'm with you my dude.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #3
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

refuses an extension with houston per sources. only wants Nets. lol. what are they gonna give for him? gonna be 3 team deal I guess.

I want the Celtics to get Miles Turner, and try to also get Redick.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

Not sure if you're talking only about 2k or real life too.

Harden and Westbrook are perennial losers. Teams don't win with players like them. Sure their numbers are great but that's all they are. Numbers. Harden is lazy and takes plays off. He's terrible on defense. Westbrook still plays out of control. Dominates the ball way too much. Has tunnel vision. He's a bad shooter outside of like 12 feet yet he keeps chucking up shots.

Harden, Durant, Kyrie sounds sexy on paper. But it'll never work. Of the three, not a single one has a ounce of leadership ability in them. None. All 3 are extremely ball dominate. All 3 shoot 18-20 shots a night... It's not going to work. Too many egos. No leaders. Poor Steve Nash

Also nothing will ever be worse than KD to the Warriors. He joined a 73 win team who already had 3 allstars, an MVP and 2 Olympians.

But like I said. There's 60 shots that need to go around and no leader.... It'll be a disaster. Bookmark this. If I'm wrong I'll tattoo Hardens's face on my ball bag

Last edited by HBKSean216; 11-16-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I don’t know why anyone would want to play with Harden. Yes he’s a great one on one player. But they never run any plays, he just stands at the top of 3pt line dribbles clock down then either shoots a 3, drives for layup, or passes. Still no actual plays being run and so predictable on offense. Plus while he is standing around with the ball and not running plays the D is resting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 01:39 AM   #6
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

BKN was a tough out last year on 2K. I was playin couch style against my buddy and picked BKN. Torched the Lakers. Every time i played them in Career, super tough to beat with 2 players.

Now all 3 of them on 2k?

Pssshhht... All you PNO players are gonna face them almost every game. And that's WITH the Lakers winning the chip last year.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

In some ways (haha and this is starting to seem like when I posted on 'real basketball' forums), I appreciate that players have more power, but it's sad that this super team thing is happening. It leaves so many franchises and players in really bad situations.

If you count old Boston as a super team, that's one (I personally don't, that was a bit different), but it seems like the only people who it worked for were 1. Bron. and 2. GSW, but again GSW was just like woo we got cap space let's add KD! It's a no brainer. A guy like KD can fit on any team.

WB and Harden/Kyrie and Harden both are weird fits cuz everyone wants to hold the ball now.

It is a painful realization... and it probably was a painful realization for like... Patrick Ewing, Stockton/Malone... that we're not gonna get a ring. Is Houston not good enough to compete? If they aren't it's because they blew it with bad management decisions. What happened to Capela(Sp?), they should have kept him. Not everyone needs to be a 3 point threat, you can't start a 6'6 guy at center and think that you are gonna win a ring. I don't think even pre-KD GSW went that far.

Dudes need to stick it out. Houston is Harden's team. Injuries happen, you just gotta build your team and hope for the best if you don't have a player like MJ or Bron or Steph when he was in god mode. Good role players are extremely important, too. There are diminishing returns for stars.

I think the new 'two star per team' superteam works out. Sucks for the league that AD and Bron are on the same team, but that team is beatable. Maybe everyone is going crazy because of the bubble, although... as much as I love Russ's mentality, I do think in terms of winning a ring he might be one of the more cancerous players in NBA history haha.

NOBODY THOUGHT HARDEN AND WB WAS GOING TO WORK, esp without a big. It makes more sense to trade Russ for assets tho than ditch him in Houston, or both ditch Houston into a rebuild. That stuff is decreasing the value of the NBA as a whole.

Edit: also HB you dead wrong about KD, he's a killer and is willing to play any role. That's also a kind of leadership. You're forgetting HOW FREAKING GOOD those gsw teams are. There aren't many players in history... maybe like Larry Bird or Magic that you could throw on a team that was stacked + had chemistry and become even better. And it seems like everyone became salty at how well he fit and how he ended up getting the FMVPs. KD is the real deal. Harden probably could be a winner with the right team. WB could probably be a part of a championship team if he toned some stuff down. But I mean if you're gonna go in on Harden you might as well go in on Kyrie who IMO is also a beast and a winner. You don't think Harden could have won a ring w/ Bron? I do. Russ, not so much.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 11-17-2020 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:13 AM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I don’t know why anyone would want to play with Harden. Yes he’s a great one on one player. But they never run any plays, he just stands at the top of 3pt line dribbles clock down then either shoots a 3, drives for layup, or passes. Still no actual plays being run and so predictable on offense. Plus while he is standing around with the ball and not running plays the D is resting.

Don't you think that is more of a coach decision than a Harden decision? D'Antoni decided during one of Chris Pauls injuries that the most efficient option they had is give Harden the Ball and let him do his job, because everyone else is not that talented. And it "worked" (whatever you understand as working tbh), so they sticked with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »