Home

Post play and offensive rebounds

This is a discussion on Post play and offensive rebounds within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Post play and offensive rebounds

I am a novice in this game. I知 enjoying the vast majority and am really impressed with he depth (admittedly slightly overwhelmed by all the plays (none of which I profess to understand), coaching options, etc.

One aspect which I知 really struggling with is offensive rebounds and post play.

I get probably 2-3 offensive rebounds a game (in comparison to the CPU痴 20-30). Not sure what I should be doing to win more rebounds? Is it a specific button or skill stick combo?

Also, once I知 in the post I very rarely score. The defenders always block or faul - even when I seemingly have a clear angle or lane to the basket. Either that or my player will miss - even if I知 right under the basket.

What am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2020, 05:41 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Post play and offensive rebounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
I am a novice in this game. I知 enjoying the vast majority and am really impressed with he depth (admittedly slightly overwhelmed by all the plays (none of which I profess to understand), coaching options, etc.

I get probably 2-3 offensive rebounds a game (in comparison to the CPU痴 20-30). Not sure what I should be doing to win more rebounds? Is it a specific button or skill stick combo?

Also, once I知 in the post I very rarely score. The defenders always block or faul - even when I seemingly have a clear angle or lane to the basket. Either that or my player will miss - even if I知 right under the basket.

What am I doing wrong?

box out their best rebounder, usually teams have one guy getting like 20 rebs. Try to push them out long before the shot, if they ever go under the rim trap them there. If you're giving up 30 offensive rebounds a game, I mean, that's what I'd do. I'd pick a big guy off ball, get used to boxing out, and get rebounds so you don't just get trashed.

To answer the post and offense reb question with the same answer, good offense leads to offensive rebounds. There is some crap I'm pretty sure programmed into 2k ( haha) that makes that true, but what I mean is, assuming that is untrue, look at where your guys are before you shoot, keep in mind if someone is turned as a defender, just attack their body, it will get you a foul or perhaps an offensive rebound for your big man.

A good starting move for scoring in the post is to back down and push, I think it'd be like diagonal toward the baseline away from the hoop. Your guy will turn to either side and shoot a one handed shot off of the glass that almost any player can make. It's also not something that gets blocked very often.

The post spin in this game is really powerful as well if it's leveled up enough. But yea some of the weird misses under the rim are just 2ks way of making the percentages seem realistic.

-Smak
Old 10-19-2020, 08:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
box out their best rebounder, usually teams have one guy getting like 20 rebs. Try to push them out long before the shot, if they ever go under the rim trap them there. If you're giving up 30 offensive rebounds a game, I mean, that's what I'd do. I'd pick a big guy off ball, get used to boxing out, and get rebounds so you don't just get trashed.

To answer the post and offense reb question with the same answer, good offense leads to offensive rebounds. There is some crap I'm pretty sure programmed into 2k ( haha) that makes that true, but what I mean is, assuming that is untrue, look at where your guys are before you shoot, keep in mind if someone is turned as a defender, just attack their body, it will get you a foul or perhaps an offensive rebound for your big man.

A good starting move for scoring in the post is to back down and push, I think it'd be like diagonal toward the baseline away from the hoop. Your guy will turn to either side and shoot a one handed shot off of the glass that almost any player can make. It's also not something that gets blocked very often.

The post spin in this game is really powerful as well if it's leveled up enough. But yea some of the weird misses under the rim are just 2ks way of making the percentages seem realistic.

-Smak
Thank you!
I have tried to take control of my Centre and try to box out the opponent, but I often get a 3 second in the key violation.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Thank you!
I have tried to take control of my Centre and try to box out the opponent, but I often get a 3 second in the key violation.

Oh my bad, I didn't know you were talking about GETTING offensive rebounds. Basically, if you can stand it, I'd stay as close to the basket as you can without being in the paint unless your guy is in the paint. And you wanna make sure that you're in a position where you can always drive hard to the offensive glass. It's harder if you're the one taking the shot, but assuming that it's player lock, you should be able to see when a shot is going up and knife in there.

I'm good at rebounding vs the computer. If you know someone's position and your player well enough, it's possible to know a shot you shoot will give you a good chance of a rebound, just by the way the animation will play out and you can jump directly after it.

But the way I get the computer to offensive rebound is by shooting shots that draw the interior defenders away.

-Smak
Old 10-20-2020, 02:07 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

What is your box out assistance on in controller settings? Make sure its at 50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 02:09 AM   #6
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

What am I doing wrong?

You playing mycareer or a mode controlling a team?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-21-2020, 07:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
You playing mycareer or a mode controlling a team?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The latter
Old 10-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Oh my bad, I didn't know you were talking about GETTING offensive rebounds. Basically, if you can stand it, I'd stay as close to the basket as you can without being in the paint unless your guy is in the paint. And you wanna make sure that you're in a position where you can always drive hard to the offensive glass. It's harder if you're the one taking the shot, but assuming that it's player lock, you should be able to see when a shot is going up and knife in there.

I'm good at rebounding vs the computer. If you know someone's position and your player well enough, it's possible to know a shot you shoot will give you a good chance of a rebound, just by the way the animation will play out and you can jump directly after it.

But the way I get the computer to offensive rebound is by shooting shots that draw the interior defenders away.

-Smak
Do you actually press triangle or square immediately after you have taken a shot - so to activate your C or PF to jump and attempt a rebound in case your original shot doesn稚 go in? Or do you leave it to the AI?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »