Home

Why is the game set to be so arcade by default?

This is a discussion on Why is the game set to be so arcade by default? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-23-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Every year it's the same. The game comes out with arcade-like shooting and offense-difense balance. It drives me crazy. Sliders should be there to make it perfect not to make it decent.

I don't want to spend the year testing sliders expecially when default difficulty levels have shooting set to 52-54+ success.

I understand games have flaws. Programming isn't an easy job. But if a game comes out with default shooting at 52-56 and contested shots going in from everywhere, it means that they are not even trying.

Years ago we had the style of play option with arcade, default and simulation. A great feature that Madden and NHL copied and implemented (thank god). Then 2k removed it saying the game would have been a simulation right of the bat.

Years ago Mike adjusted offline shooting based on community feedback. I was one of the player contributing to it.

Recently there are no offline specific tuning and sliders changes. It is what it is.

I'm sorry but I'm not excited because of next gen ai cause this game lacks the most basic balancing.

Look at default slider, rosters and values. They're not even trying to make this game a sim...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why is the game set to be so arcade by default?

Because the arcade parts make money
Old 10-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
Every year it's the same. The game comes out with arcade-like shooting and offense-difense balance. It drives me crazy. Sliders should be there to make it perfect not to make it decent.

I don't want to spend the year testing sliders expecially when default difficulty levels have shooting set to 52-54+ success.

I understand games have flaws. Programming isn't an easy job. But if a game comes out with default shooting at 52-56 and contested shots going in from everywhere, it means that they are not even trying.

Years ago we had the style of play option with arcade, default and simulation. A great feature that Madden and NHL copied and implemented (thank god). Then 2k removed it saying the game would have been a simulation right of the bat.

Years ago Mike adjusted offline shooting based on community feedback. I was one of the player contributing to it.

Recently there are no offline specific tuning and sliders changes. It is what it is.

I'm sorry but I'm not excited because of next gen ai cause this game lacks the most basic balancing.

Look at default slider, rosters and values. They're not even trying to make this game a sim...

We even had to INCREASE 3pt sliders from 55 to 58 or on superstar in our league we were building castles with all those bricks.

Like mentioned: Arcade is what the masses want, sadly. Not what the people want that brought 2k into that position.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

This year started with arcade shooting? You sure about that?
Old 10-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
This year started with arcade shooting? You sure about that?
Offline is 50-60% vs 50-60% shooting fest. The user is challenged with the meter but the AI isn't. Difficulty levels from Pro to HOF are too close. I've tested them all and the only difference is in the shooting department (user specifically)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

You clearly didn't play this game day 1 if you feel this is how the game was shipped.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #7
Rookie

If they actually used sim settings the cheesers would never score and shoot 10% from the field. 2k knows who their target audience is, all you can do is wait for another bball game
Old 10-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Want the real answer? Because video games are for children. You should be thankful they can be tweaked into an enjoyable adult experience at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »