Home

Czar deleted my comment smh

This is a discussion on Czar deleted my comment smh within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 05:47 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Czar deleted my comment smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
it was most likely a chat mod
This is the answer
Old 10-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I checked some random videos, and I don't see what people are talking about. The crowds react, chant, and stand up on "exciting plays".
Don't get me started on the whole live crowd is better blah blah blah.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:36 PM   #19
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Don't get me started on the whole live crowd is better blah blah blah.
Lol. Have them tell it, they make it sound like there's a night and day difference between NBA 2K and NBA Live.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:24 PM   #20
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I left a respectable constructive comment on Czar youtube page.I asked him is there any way 2k can implement NBA Live 10 AUTHENIC Audio and he responded by deleting my comment lol. The silents on that issue is real.
Yall really need to stop slandering folks for no reason. Jeesh. I edited the original video because I never turned the mic off.

Ghost 100
21 hours ago
I been asking this question since live 10 but Da_czar is there any way you can asked Mike Wang or any Dev to copy NBA live's Tech Audio for real Live Crowd Audio?.please comment on that if you can

Da_Czar
1 hour ago
Audio is a separate team. Didn't they have a blog a few years ago about traveling to all the arena's and capturing sounds? Are you saying all that is still not very good. Is it just not accurate to each team? What is it that you want copied? Is is the AI of the crowd? When they cheer or how they sound when they cheer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg4J...ature=youtu.be
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 10-30-2020, 09:25 PM   #21
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Thanks to all who tried to set this straight. SMH.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2020, 09:47 PM   #22
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok this explains the whole thing I was trying to say here's a old nba live 10 blog out of Mike Wang own mouth.

Presentation was a big focus for us this year and encompassed a lot of different things: The broadcast look (overlays, screen wipes, replays). The broadcast sound (Marv Albert and Steve Kerr). The arena life (crowd, bench players, referees, dance teams and cheerleaders). The arena sounds (crowds, PA announcers, sound effects and ditties). And, stoppages in play (player emotions and reactions, player interactions). Our goal was to make every game unique and authentic this year by taking all of these into account. In addition, we wanted to make sure the regular season was different than the playoffs. All of these things have been touched/overhauled to deliver a much different experience than previous iterations of LIVE.

Over the past couple of years we’ve done a decent job of creating an okay ‘basketball’ environment, but hadn’t taken it to the next step of creating unique ‘NBA’ environments. One of the things I just read on Operation Sports sums it up really well: “As we all know, all the arenas felt the exact same last year in 09, other than the logos etc.” (pbz06). I’m going to dive into some of the things we’ve done this year to make sure we really bring different arenas to life.

Welcome To The Playoffs

Crowds not only look completely different in regular season compared to the playoffs (post season crowds have most of the fans wearing team colours, waving towels and on their feet early and often), but they sound dramatically different too. Over the past couple of years we’ve sent audio guys to NBA games to record the crowds and sounds at a bunch of different arenas, and this is the first year where we have been able to use the playoff crowds we recorded. Crowds in the regular season are pretty solid. We amped them up a little bit compared to last year and added in all new sounds to make sure they’re all fresh. But, when you hop into a playoff crowd it’s pretty crazy. They’re a lot louder. They’re chanting and cheering off the opening tip. And they’ll be booing much more on no-calls and even booing the other teams star player on occasion. All of the chants are ditties are different, so things like the D-Fence chants are way more powerful in the playoffs. So, all in all, you have two completely unique experiences in these differing atmospheres.

BEAT LA! Beat LA!

Second, the unique sounds, sound effects, PA calls, and chants that we’ve put in our game this year add another level of authenticity to each arena. We’ve got a couple hundred unique sounds this year and rather than list all of them out I’ll just throw some examples up here that you can listen to. (By the way, as much as I love trades in the NBA, it’s made a few of the things we’ve put in this year obsolete which sucks. One of my favorite PA calls was “Did You See V-C!” after Vince dunked in Jersey and one of favorite chants “Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!” for Belinelli when he’s playing well in Golden State are a couple of examples of sounds not triggering anymore due to trades.) We were lucky enough to work with a bunch of NBA Teams who helped provide some reference for us.

Chants & Reactions

We didn’t want to just put in a bunch of sound effects and say each arena is different. We wanted to make sure our crowds were intelligent and basketball savvy. We wanted to get them involved. Honestly, hearing Vince get booed in our game when he’s in Toronto is pretty sweet. Whether you’re a Raps fan and love the booing, or a Vince fan who silences the crowd with each made basket, it adds a whole new aspect to the game. Especially if Marv and Steve are talking about it from the opening tip. Or, hearing the Ric Flair “Wooooo” after Chris Paul buckets in New Orleans. Or, being in Boston and hearing the fans yell “Beat LA” throughout the game. Or, hearing “Scalebrine (clap-clap-clap-clap-clap)” if the Ginger Ninja is ballin’. What’s cool about all of these is that they are actual chants from NBA games and not things we recorded ourselves at our studio here. We’ve added a ton of these things in that will trigger based on what’s happening in the game. You might even hear Kobe or LeBron get some MVP chants on the road. Sound effects can get lost and drowned out from crowd reactions, and really don’t evoke too much emotion. But these chants and cheers really bring the arena to life and add a while new element to the story of the game. By the way, still waiting to see if Starbury signs on with anyone and see how he’ll get treated in New York in our game…

I’m going to post a few videos of the reference we used to gather our sound effects/chants/PA this year. Gameplay vids will be coming soon to highlight these all in the action. For now, this is just a sneak peak at some that we’ll have in game.

Click here to play this video
Denver PA prompts crowd on threes!

Sound Effects

Once again, we worked with a lot of NBA teams on these to get their sound effects. So, you’ll hear things like the bomb drop sound for 3 pointers in Phoenix. The backboard shatter sound on dunks in Orlando. The train sound effect if LaMarcus Aldridge scores in Portland. The sword swipe sound on made freethrows in Cleveland. I actually didn’t realize how many of these were played in the NBA. It’s crazy. Some teams have sounds for every player. Some teams don’t do anything at all. Unfortunately, a lot of teams play song clips for their players and we weren’t able to get a lot of them in (licensing those songs can be pretty costly). But, all in all, we have a lot of these that will help bring out more of an authentic feel to each stadium.

Lakers made basket organ SFX

Detroit big play SFX

PA Announcer

Al Murdoch is back this year (I know a lot of people were wondering). But, we approached our PA a little bit differently this year to ensure we got a lot of signature call-outs in the game. We would play a bunch of video clips for him and have him re-enact them. Then our sound artist would tweak them a little to get them sounding as realistic as possible. So, not only do we get a lot of signature call-outs for players (G-g-g-g-gerald Wallace), but a lot of team stuff too (For threeeeeeeeeeee in Atlanta). He’ll also call out such things as Taco Night in LA or Pizza Night in Toronto (if that event happens to be triggered in the game you’re playing. Here’s some reference video of what we showed Al to replicate. These will be in our game this year.

https://www.ignboards.com/threads/nb...ion.183425318/

Listen how live and the loud the crowd is

https://youtu.be/NWs1ABUVeAg

Last edited by simbayless; 10-30-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:42 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

Mine got deleted too, but I assumed he was reading some and deleting them afterwards to make the comments easier to revisit....

It's all about perspective i guess.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #24
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Mine got deleted too, but I assumed he was reading some and deleting them afterwards to make the comments easier to revisit....

It's all about perspective i guess.
Yea I'm wanna say sorry to Czar and the SIM Nation my apologies
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »