Home

NBA 2K21 Next Gen - Here's Everything That's Not in the Last-Gen Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next Gen - Here's Everything That's Not in the Last-Gen Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #17
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Next Gen - Here's Everything That's Not in the Last-Gen Game

Dear EA Madden ....see enclosed !
Old 11-10-2020, 01:19 PM   #18
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Thank you! It's clearly better than current generation. People saying its similar well it is basketball and a 2k game. Just curious. Why does the same names keep repeating over and over again that its similar to current? Like every thread discussing next generation.

Lol its CLEARLY better but I respect yall opinion. You guys are just repeating it over and over. I played before work and its AWESOME. Crowd is better, movement, dribble, rebounding, AWESOME LOADING TIME, graphics, foot planting I can go on and on. Whoever is getting the game or plans on getting it believe me its miles ahead of current.

We need a next generation impressions thread. These videos don't do the game justice. Playing it on a 4k tv with the controller in your hands is a different experience. When I first seen the videos I wasn't wowed but clearly seen it was better. When I played I was wowed. I also think 2k21 current is worse than 2k20. Seems more clunky. Especially the ball hitting the rim
Unfortunately it's not enough for them to simply not feel the game and move along. They have to convince others that's it's the "same old, same old" too. 2K21 is clearly going to be the best 2K experience to date for me and it's not close. 1 more day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #19
Pro

vetmin's Arena

NBA 2K21 Next Gen - Here's Everything That's Not in the Last-Gen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransen
I'll be holding off too. There just isn't enough there for me to for fork over $70. I bet the PC port will look just as good. Hopefully at a lower price too.

Even though I wouldve preferred an actual “built from the ground up” 2k, the game still looks like a solid step up, and one silver lining of it being similar to current gen in overall design is that I doubt there will be much of a learning curve at all for PC modders. They wont miss a beat. As someone who was planning to transition to PC instead of a next gen console (since I need a new PC anyway), Im really looking fwd 2k22 on PC. No doubt in my mind that it will be glorious lol

Last edited by vetmin; 11-10-2020 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:50 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

They did build something from the ground up but clearly wasn't the gameplay
Old 11-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #21
Rookie

From what I'm seeing, 2k21 NG is far from a "built from the ground up" game imo. I believe this misleading statement was said to justify the price increase and not allowing for a next gen upgrade at current gen base price(free).

The AI is in serious need of an upgrade to it's decision making/game planning because the more realistic the game looks the more the cpu's stupidity standout to me (still more smarter than most sport games which is sad in itself).

Seeing the cpu drive the ball mindlessly into defenders and forcing up contested shots at the rim half the game is not only an eyesore but is also a oxymoron for a game that looks that realistic and prides itself on being a sport sim.

I would love to see new tendencies for cradle layups,post pull chair, off ball post push, post fight for position,post walk down, off ball bumps, outlet passes and trying to draw fouls on pump fake bites but, I doubt any changes are going to be made when most of the current tendencies are needing fixing and goes untouched yearly.

The year on year lack of innovation (gamplay wise) is starting to make the gameplay feel a bit stale and I fear 2k would remain complacent if sales/microtransactions continue to do well each year.

Last edited by Peaceful dash 88; 11-10-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #22
Rookie

EzMacK15's Arena

I wish some of the people in the 2K community were Madden fans....Madden definitely needs the energy 2k gets about making improvements.*
Old 11-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzMacK15
I wish some of the people in the 2K community were Madden fans....Madden definitely needs the energy 2k gets about making improvements.*
I don't think it's energy as much as it is being spoiled. There's a level of expectations this game is held to other sports games aren't held to.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #24
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Unfortunately it's not enough for them to simply not feel the game and move along. They have to convince others that's it's the "same old, same old" too. 2K21 is clearly going to be the best 2K experience to date for me and it's not close. 1 more day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Happens every year. This is just a repeat of the last 8 years of 2k releases.

Either people actually expect 2k to completely rebuild a game they sell 10 million copies of every single year, or they have such exceptionally high, out of touch level of expectations for 2k and the strides of AI CPU Basketball that they'll never be satisfied so they're always mad. It's one of the two.

Or they're just trolling.

2k21 on Next-Gen is far and away the best 2k in history, and quite possibly the most in-depth and realistic basketball game of all time. But that still isn't enough for people on the internet somehow.

I wonder what it's like to go through life just hating everything. Must be exhausting.

Royals Baseball: Catch the Thrill!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »