Home

NBA 2K21 - Next-Gen Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 - Next-Gen Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2020, 05:29 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K21 - Next-Gen Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Played a few games. This kinda craps on current generation. The movement, dribbling, defense, rebounding. Its smoothhhhhhh. Crowd reacts better. Its 2k but definitely a different game. Can't stand all the post in other threads of people saying its the same game without playing it. If yall see this boy was yall wrong. The loading brings a tear to my eye.

Now we just need microsoft to fix quick resume for 2k.

Agreed on quick resume. But is that a Microsoft thing or does 2K need to patch it in order to support it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2020, 06:40 AM   #26
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Questions:

1) Is the help defense by the CPU improved?
2) Is the shooting just one full animation no matter when you release the button or is the release of the shot user controlled?
Old 11-11-2020, 06:44 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Was skeptical watching people play the game before the xbox dropped so i was scared. This game is everything I wanted in a 2k plus more. The movement is great I don’t see sliding whatsoever and some of the little nuisances people got away with in the last gen they can’t do in this one. One of the BIGGEST upgrades to me is that I feel the court and body of players are more proportional! I feel like the court is much bigger and now spacing is what it should’ve been the last several years. My one only complaint I would say is that I wish the crowd was more involved. More interactive crowds, when the defense chants is going on I notice the crowd just sitting down not moving it kind of takes me out of the immersive euphoria I was in when playing other than that this is an easy 10/10
Old 11-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Going to give my full impressions soon but as a random note- man I thought we were done with these sleeved blacktop jerseys, lol

NBA players wear their warm-ups but legends still have them.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #29
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll say this much..after 3 games of 11 min quarters...this game felt fair and fun! The fact that I was able to draw 2 chargers against Blake Griffin with Lowry felt sooo good! Movement on D was good as well, I felt in control of my player which is HUGE!

So far I'm really impressed with Next Gen.

*Also* I dunno if it's my new Dolby Atmos soundbar but the arena was ALIVE with NBA sounds. When I closed my eyes I felt like I was courtside.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:23 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

How do I actually download my ps5 mamba version? Looks like I'm just installing ps4 again?

Edit nevermind lol
Old 11-11-2020, 09:02 AM   #31
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Also not an impression (having trouble getting a console) but I just wanted to say, really enjoying this thread (alabamarob, your impressions are particularly enjoyable man, great stuff!).

Was starting to get underwhelmed by the YT content thus far (except Czar's small video). These impressions have revived my enthusiasm.
Yep. I was on the same boat. 2k had lost all goodwill with me and I was ready to trash them. But, this game right here is excellent. Is not perfect, but it is a brand new game.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2020, 09:24 AM   #32
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
This is just the first half. Shot aim meter. HOF

This may be the first year that you have to play small over big. Offensive Rebounding is not OP for every tall player so far. First time I have ever kept Gobert and Davis to no offensive rebounds for a half. They both are tall and excellent o board men.

They fixed shooting off the dribble, and bs closeouts affecting shots. For that reason you gonna have to switch more. Staying in catch hedge all game gonna get you burnt.

Brother! Please tell me they fixed the replay system lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »