Home

ACE Effectiveness

This is a discussion on ACE Effectiveness within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
Oba
Rookie

Oba's Arena

OVR: 0
ACE Effectiveness

For those that use ACE for offense and/or defense, how do you find it?

Seems like on offense, if you have auto plays too, the same ones get ran almost the whole game aside from end of quarter plays.

Can't say I notice many defensive adjustments either.

Is it best to just keep ACE off and have as much as possible done manually?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: ACE Effectiveness

I'd be interested in this as well. Everytime I come down the court it's between 2 plays of what's called and that gets boring real quick yet I'm lazy to pick a different play each time down manually. I never had that problem before, the plays were always changing.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #3
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Ace is a disaster again this year. Play with Ace off. If you keep it on it will always just pick freelance as the play. Make sure run plays are around 75-85 in "coaching sliders."
Then go to Offensive Settings - Coach Settings
Freelance Series Order on - Dynamic (Dynamic means it will pick any random play for any random player based on the touches tendency)
Freelance Series Repeat - Do Not Repeat (Repeat on success is broken. Like you said they will run the same play over and over. I put Do Not Repeat usually for user and cpu)

If you are on Playstation 5. I work on roster editing. We work on trying to get the most realistic gameplay.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=978647

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynole14
Ace is a disaster again this year. Play with Ace off. If you keep it on it will always just pick freelance as the play. Make sure run plays are around 75-85 in "coaching sliders."
Freelance Series Order on - Dynamic (Dynamic means it will pick any random play for any random player based on the touches tendency)
Freelance Series Repeat - Do Not Repeat (Repeat on success is broken. Like you said they will run the same play over and over. I put Do Not Repeat usually for user and cpu)

If you are on Playstation 5. I work on roster editing. We work on trying to get the most realistic gameplay.

I wouldn't call the offensive ACE broken. It functions as intended and is explained in the settings. Some teams really do run the same couple of plays all game unless the defense stops it.

Your settings are right though. That's what I do and it gets me the most favorable results.

When I think broken I think like, it doesn't work as written, that's not really the case here as far as I know.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #5
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

Even with ACE turned off this year it still reverts your settings back to default. Including freelances. I think it’s broken right now on next gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 05:23 PM   #6
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Tercero
Even with ACE turned off this year it still reverts your settings back to default. Including freelances. I think it’s broken right now on next gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah , everything still says auto and controlled by ace. But at least it isn't messing up every play call. If you take a timeout , you can fix all of the Transition and rebound settings.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:22 AM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:

i usually use ace offense only as i want more dynamic playcalling and in my opinion that works. free Lance? that gets called maybe 1 possession in a whole 40 min game.
i had one game where sth Was ****ed up and it did constantly call 3pt plays for rudy Gobert (He doesnt have this Play type assigned...), but usually it will call several different plays during the course of the game. still There seem to be some 2-3 plays that get called more often than others. and These plays change depending in the order of your playbook.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #8
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:

Next gen 2k has really made this difficult this year.
But I found out last night that "run plays" works better on 46. Still on dynamic. If you change freelance in offensive settings it doesn't save/work. You have to take a timeout then put your freelance in that you want. I think flip push is the best. It's under zone.
Run plays on 46 makes it to where on most of the fast breaks they won't run a play. They will either attack or run a simpler pick and roll.
Don't forget to have offensive play calling on auto. And keep Ace off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »