Home

And so it begins...Content Creators have started complaining about Next Gen Gameplay

This is a discussion on And so it begins...Content Creators have started complaining about Next Gen Gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2020, 11:01 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
And so it begins...Content Creators have started complaining about Next Gen Gameplay

I knew it wasn't going to take long. But once again, 2K puts out a really solid product and the "content creators" take to Twitter to say how bad the game is. I swear 2K better not cave this time and change things. They have two versions of 2K21 out this. There is literally no excuse to dumb down the game that just came out on brand new consoles

We really need a voice to help combat theirs. Mike Wang LISTENS to these guys and its soooooooo frustrating as someone that wants the game to represent real basketball. Is it possible to do something about this before 2K caves to their complaints?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2020, 11:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: And so it begins...Content Creators have started complaining about Next Gen Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I knew it wasn't going to take long. But once again, 2K puts out a really solid product and the "content creators" take to Twitter to say how bad the game is. I swear 2K better not cave this time and change things. They have two versions of 2K21 out this. There is literally no excuse to dumb down the game that just came out on brand new consoles

We really need a voice to help combat theirs. Mike Wang LISTENS to these guys and its soooooooo frustrating as someone that wants the game to represent real basketball. Is it possible to do something about this before 2K caves to their complaints?

But the game isnt perfect and not built from the ground up like claimed. I'm offline only player(coming from pc) and the game has its issues.

1. Pick and roll is too easy.
2. Contact dunks need to be toned down.
3. Cpu still doesn't run a challenging offense.
4. Offensive rebounding needs tweaking
5. Cpu still dribbling mindlessly into the paint with no regard(much better though)
6. Players still ice skating/warping(better than previous gen)

Probably the best 2k in a while but still plagued by legacy issues.

Cpu iq is still last gen is my biggest issue.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:19 PM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: And so it begins...Content Creators have started complaining about Next Gen Gamep

Some of you all need to let the "Built from the ground up" comment go. At this point, who gives a ****? Either you like the game, or you don't.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-16-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:19 AM   #4
MVP

At least AnnoyingTV gave reasons for his opinion and did make a few points, the other guys seem to be complaining just to complain.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:04 AM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not surprised. I would agree there are issues and other people's perspectives interest me but the whole last gen 2k21 is better comment, is pretty hard to take seriously. I guess it's possible someone could feel that way but it sounds fishy to me lol.

People arent dumb and they know being negative for the sake of being negative generally garnishes more attention. Add to that the fact that crapping all over video games is really en vogue right now and like I said this doesnt surprise me.

In a perfect world I guess Mike Wang and crew would ignore the static and try to improve things brought up in a more productive and constructive way, but history says they will cater more to the angry mob.

It's kind of ironic because the truth is that's what content creators are doing as well, catering to the angry mob. Not as many people are inclined to click on a dude gushing about how awesome 2k is, but everyone clicks on content that's trashing it.

Its the world we live in unfortunately and it's hard to deny that there is a massive amount of people that seem to love being outraged so I think we just have to get used to it and cross our fingers that they dont patch all the good stuff out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 02:41 AM   #6
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Hundreds of thousands of people have the game not everyone is going to like it, you pick a few negative comments from Twitter out of the overwhelmingly majority good impressions.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:18 AM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Hundreds of thousands of people have the game not everyone is going to like it, you pick a few negative comments from Twitter out of the overwhelmingly majority good impressions.
Problem is that the ones complaining are 2k influencers. 2k listens to them while the sim heads gets shafted.

Only thing I've noticed while watching streams that looks overpowered are contact dunks. I would also add 3 point shots but the devs seems to have a hard on for those and at this point its pointles to complain about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2020, 07:01 AM   #8
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Some of you all need to let the "Built from the ground up" comment go. At this point, who gives a f*ck? Either you like the game, or you don't.

I give a ****. "Built from the ground up" was basically used for everything they promised prior to release while theres tons of stuff thats not "built from the ground up" and the game still has a lot legacy problems. Annoying makes some valid points, sliding/warping, clunky animations that need finetuning, broken myplayer progress. 2k once again released an unfinished product, this company is just pathetic...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »