Home

Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still

This is a discussion on Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2020, 10:12 AM   #65
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The funny thing is there are some pick and rolls you can do and BOTH the ball handler and the roller can end up wide open. I do think we should have some random events but PNR is just bad and really needs a patch.

This. Multiple times a game I get to make a choice on who I want to score that given play.

I get broken coverages here and there, I’m fine with that, but these type of mistakes would lead to a timeout and benching in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Evidence why next gen pick and roll and help defense needs lots of work still

Lol I guess I do miss animations and force fields smh
Old 12-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #67
MVP

U have to adjust the hedge defensive settings for the cpu team...... the only thing that helps the PNR issue....... they don’t intelligently distinguish where the scoring threat is on the pick n roll

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #68
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Tinkering with different stuff. If anyone wants WAY more free throws, increase the blocking slider to 100 for the CPU. The rotation is so late it doesn’t = a block but instead some nice foul animations at the basket. Shot 34 free throws in my last game 8 min quarters and the cpu only finished with 5 blocks.

FYI I play player lock with the PG so not sure what this slider would do for the USER side. Probably something stupid.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:53 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
U have to adjust the hedge defensive settings for the cpu team...... the only thing that helps the PNR issue....... they don’t intelligently distinguish where the scoring threat is on the pick n roll

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I raised HelpD IQ for all players to 80 and above, and immediately things look much much better.

Also put hedge to "double" but CPU doesnt seem to stick to it, at least in CPU vs CPU mode. I believe it stick when playing user vs CPU, though...
Old 12-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #70
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Has anyone tried it with just super elite on-ball AI guard and big in the interaction?

I played against Ron Harper and Daugherty or John Williams last night, and they did the best job 2-on-2 on default settings that I had seen by far. Harper was just big enough and mobile enough to get around and the big didn't get as lost.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #71
Pro

I wish there was a way I could force the CPU to drop when defending the pnr. You'd give up the mid, but that's better than the stuff I'm seeing now. Just straight up weird man.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #72
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Has anyone tried it with just super elite on-ball AI guard and big in the interaction?

I played against Ron Harper and Daugherty or John Williams last night, and they did the best job 2-on-2 on default settings that I had seen by far. Harper was just big enough and mobile enough to get around and the big didn't get as lost.

Trying something now where I’ve bumped everyone’s on-ball defense, lateral quickness, and helpDIQ to 99 as well as bump all those sliders to 99 as well along with a few other adjustments. Small sample size, trying to see what the pros and cons of this are over 5-10 games.

So far it’s been better but nothing drastic, still similar mishaps just more infrequently since it’s harder for my guards to turn the corner at will.

Shooting percentages going down due to less PIP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »