Home

Does Anyone know how to play against a friend online? *Broken

This is a discussion on Does Anyone know how to play against a friend online? *Broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-25-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does Anyone know how to play against a friend online? *Broken

Me and my brother are trying to play against each other online. I go to QUICK PLAY (instead of play now online which is weird)
Click in the right analog to invite him into the locker room. He cannot pick a team I have to pick it for him however in the options it asks is the host team away or home and since itís me I choose HOME. Whenever we start a game iím controlling the team he wanted and vice versa. iíll go back and do the settings over but choose Away as host and itís the same thing. Can someone help with this situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #2
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Does Anyone know how to play against a friend online? *Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslimm
Me and my brother are trying to play against each other online. I go to QUICK PLAY (instead of play now online which is weird)
Click in the right analog to invite him into the locker room. He cannot pick a team I have to pick it for him however in the options it asks is the host team away or home and since itís me I choose HOME. Whenever we start a game iím controlling the team he wanted and vice versa. iíll go back and do the settings over but choose Away as host and itís the same thing. Can someone help with this situation?
If you want to be the away team then you have to put your controller under away team. Then go in and put the host on away team. Then send the invite. In that order.

You cant send the invite until the other 2 things have occured or you will be on the wrong team.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you want to be the away team then you have to put your controller under away team. Then go in and put the host on away team. Then send the invite. In that order.

You cant send the invite until the other 2 things have occured or you will be on the wrong team.
Thanks A Million!!!!!
Old 12-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

The invite system for regular exhibition games against a friend is trash. They really need to address it. I shouldnít have to pick my friends team and you should be able to adjust your lineups before the game like a regular lobby game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »