Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #9
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
That part right there....

"We should have a full halftime show with recaps and check-ins on other ongoing games. During a season, a weekly recap show should be shown to talk about the past week in the NBA, or just a news show in general like*The Jump*on ESPN. The improvement in the arena immersion and entrances there was a nice touch, but these improvements could and should have extended to game broadcasts themselves."

2K has done this brilliantly in the past (College Hoops 2K8). So we know it's in 'em.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0
Nice in depth review!
Old 11-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #11
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmontoro
We need to stop the lie with gameplay being better because of next gen technology. Gameplay takes very little resources.
its all that matters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Great write up.

Passing accuracy is to high. Passing is an important and rare skill. Especially for the bigs. Their pass accuracy should be suspect.

Rebounding started off good. However, I have seen bigs covering way to much ground to get an offensive rebound recently.

Defensive Settings and Help defense not working. No reason the off ball big should be to guarding a non shooting center out at the 3 point line. Shouldn’t be to run 5 out with 3 non shooters on the floor.

With all that being said, this is the best 2k that I have ever played. Hopefully, the patches don’t kill it.

My accuracy is pretty average and I seem to have more passes that pull people outside their wheelhouse or result in bobbled catches.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 11-27-2020, 06:05 AM   #13
Rookie

As an eternal skeptic, I have to say that I'm feeling pretty good right now about the future of gaming. I am one that actually enjoyed the small little changes that 2k21 had on the xbox one X. The little small touches made it play better than 2k20. In comes Next generation on the Series X. Now I find myself a little upset that I didn't wait for the Series X release. The extra added changes on the series X has thus negated anything I thought was great about Last gen gaming. The speed of which games load and flow seemlessly, has taken away my ability to think about stopping and going to bed that usually comes with that 20 second load time. Now, that instantaneous load makes it hard to judge. The graphical content has me watching TV prices again for a nice upgrade. The gameplay is as sweet as ever. The addition of tattoos for created players has given me hope again. My Player has the option to sign with a G League team or go to college after high school!!! I can make a dunker who can shoot threes again. I am in love all over again. I am seriously anticipating the future now. Sure, you can easily PC it out and have the same experience, but there is a feeling that console games have been missing that PC games have that is now bridging closer together.* I love it, Love it, LOVE IT!!!!
Old 11-27-2020, 11:25 AM   #14
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Excellent write up. I agree with the sentiment that this is probably the best 2K I've ever played gameplay wise. The new movement system is a gamechanger and it really feels like we are playing basketball out there.

The improvements to charges in 5v5 gameplay is probably my favorite feature of the game. People can no longer just turbo around the court without a penalty. It's truly beautiful.

Pick and Roll defense still has it's issues, especially with bigs not rotating properly to stop drives etc. But hopefully they can iron that out as the year goes along. Dribbling feels fluid and realistic. Defense feels real. The mid-range game is back and better than ever.

If 2K continues to go in this direction with the upcoming games, we are definitely in good hands.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #15
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
As an eternal skeptic, I have to say that I'm feeling pretty good right now about the future of gaming. I am one that actually enjoyed the small little changes that 2k21 had on the xbox one X. The little small touches made it play better than 2k20. In comes Next generation on the Series X. Now I find myself a little upset that I didn't wait for the Series X release. The extra added changes on the series X has thus negated anything I thought was great about Last gen gaming. The speed of which games load and flow seemlessly, has taken away my ability to think about stopping and going to bed that usually comes with that 20 second load time. Now, that instantaneous load makes it hard to judge. The graphical content has me watching TV prices again for a nice upgrade. The gameplay is as sweet as ever. The addition of tattoos for created players has given me hope again. My Player has the option to sign with a G League team or go to college after high school!!! I can make a dunker who can shoot threes again. I am in love all over again. I am seriously anticipating the future now. Sure, you can easily PC it out and have the same experience, but there is a feeling that console games have been missing that PC games have that is now bridging closer together.* I love it, Love it, LOVE IT!!!!
I dont know why people think that next gen 2k21 is doable on last gen PC. I exclusively played 2k21 on PC before PS5 and if anyone tells you they can make 2k21 on PC the same as 2k21 on XBox series X or PS5, then they are lying.

PC gaming is amazing. Mods are amazing. 99% of mods are strictly cosmetic and the other 1% are tools that let you modify options or cheat in myPlayer. I havent seen any real gameplay mods in a long time.

so is 2k21 better on PC than PS4? absolutely. Not even close. But it's no where near as good as PS5. It just isnt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 06:36 AM   #16
Rookie

Wow. This game is damn near perfect. After the latest patch im loving everything im seeing. My only complaint right now is some Play Now Online wins not being counted. I will finish a whole game, back out to the main menu, and wont be credited with the win. Or ive had back and fourth games, blow my opponent out in the fourth, he quits, i dont get the win. Im currently 20-5 in the junior college rank and should be much higher. Ive had like 15 wins not count. Both of quit outs and full finished games have sometimes not counted. Thats wack!!!

Other than that, im a kid in a candy store with this game. Its amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »