Home

Next Gen: MyNBA League Customization

This is a discussion on Next Gen: MyNBA League Customization within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

OVR: 0
Next Gen: MyNBA League Customization

I just wanted to start a thread about some of the new features some people may find going through MyNBA that may not have been fully detailed from the previous blogs.

I enjoy creating fictional leagues so the idea of dropping to 12 teams really intrigued me. I wanted to test things out, but I was pretty disappointed to see that we can not edit divisions or conferences, they are both set. So in other words, if you drop to 12 teams, you have to keep at least 2 teams in each division. Maybe this is to avoid scheduling issues, I'm not sure. I was also disappointed to see I can not edit the number of playoff teams. In case anyone wants to know I simmed a few seasons with 12 teams and added expansion teams every few years.

12-16 Teams: 8 Playoff Teams (4 per conference)
18+ Teams: 16 Playoff Teams (8 per conference/Normal)

I haven't played MyLeague since NBA 2k17 so I'm not sure if this was new either, but I love the league meetings every year that vote on new rules. One year there was a vote for the bottom 4 teams to have the same Draft Lottery %. They also voted each time when I proposed expansion teams (I overruled them each time).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Re: Next Gen: MyNBA League Customization

I think I know the answer but... I’m guessing you can’t change season length in the offseason? What I mean is say play one year 30 games, second year 60 games, etc.?
Old 11-15-2020, 10:42 PM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

The other question I’m wondering is if the new consoles have the relocation limit that ps3/One had?
Old 11-16-2020, 12:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I think I know the answer but... I’m guessing you can’t change season length in the offseason? What I mean is say play one year 30 games, second year 60 games, etc.?
I don't think I saw that option. I also never saw an option to change playoff series length after the league is started.

I think it's a little odd that the season length is 5, 11, 22, or 82 games. A weird jump from 22 to 82. (EDIT: This also has to do with the amount of teams in the league)

EDIT: Ok, I didn't realize this until now but there is also a section of league rules that I looked more into and you can actually change the format of the playoffs. Although it still is 8 teams, I was able to change it to where the top seeds in each conference get a bye. You can also change it to where Conferences do not matter and the top 8 teams are seeded.

Last edited by Balldude777; 11-16-2020 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:25 AM   #5
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Welp. I will be skipping 2k21 until further notice.Thats really disappointing to hear that we cant revert the league into a 4 divisions league smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 01:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Welp. I will be skipping 2k21 until further notice.Thats really disappointing to hear that we cant revert the league into a 4 divisions league smh.
Yeh, I'm pretty disappointed as well. I will say though, this mode is still SUPER DEEP. There's so many things still left to customize.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:25 AM   #7
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
I mean to me this post seems a bit out of touch. They literally doubled the amount of customization options, and things to do in franchise mode. Obviously there's still more to do, but Mynba compared to last gen is really hard to complain about
Old 11-16-2020, 07:04 AM   #8
Rookie

If you drop down to 12 can you add teams until you get to 30? Or does it only allow the 6 expansion team slot like last gen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »