Home

Is it safe for me to start a Mynba yet?

This is a discussion on Is it safe for me to start a Mynba yet? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is it safe for me to start a Mynba yet?

Just wanna know how long I should wait before all the bugs are (hopefully) fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is it safe for me to start a Mynba yet?

You gotta kind of decide for yourself.

I don't know of many major bugs in the mode, and some bugs never get fixed on that mode( example in past the d league boost and mentoring) as they tend to care about park.

Th NBA season has not started so if you are one that wants a close to accurate schedule, up to start date rosters, and the OKC staff it is obvious to not start.

I am waiting for season to start, I hate that OKC has a generic coach and staff a month after the hire. They also don't have injuries in the game yet like Klay being out for year.

Last edited by WeFireThoseCannons; 12-06-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFireThoseCannons
You gotta kind of decide for yourself.

I don't know of many major bugs in the mode, and some bugs never get fixed on that mode( example in past the d league boost and mentoring) as they tend to care about park.

Th NBA season has not started so if you are one that wants a close to accurate schedule, up to start date rosters, and the OKC staff it is obvious to not start.

I am waiting for season to start, I hate that OKC has a generic coach and staff a month after the hire.
Well I’ve heard of some stat glitches(which absolutely kill the mode) and some other things that have been mentioned here before like overinflated ratings/draft classes
Old 12-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Is player progression and fatigue still causing issues with people on online leagues right now (next gen)?
Old 12-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

They haven't fixed any of the issues you mentioned above just yet.

Stats aren't reliable (not sure how this issue comes up once every couple of years. Proper stat tracking is probably the easiest part of coding this game.)

Draft class players have a weird amount of guys with 99 Vertical, 99 Stamina, 99 Speed. Not even top players either, like dozens of 2nd round to undrafted players just have ridiculous all-time great physical attributes.

I would say it's probably not 'safe' yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2020, 09:07 PM   #6
Rookie

m29a's Arena

I noticed that the auto generated draft classes still have too many players with very high certain attributes right out of the gate. It'd make sense if it was a handful of players, but the way it generates, it seems that once again (tied with the way too fast player progression by default) that the league will be completely stacked within just 2 or 3 seasons. Also, the way players progress is still wonky where you'll have so many 90+ mid and 3 shot players out there.

The draft class quality slider also doesn't seem to work. I've tried 25, and 1 and still a lot of highly rated players. I'm talking like 15-20 75+ players in many classes.

The other thing is that with tattoos now, it seems a third of the generated rookies have them and it sometimes looks really bad with whole sleeve tattoos that really stand out. Obviously it makes sense that them have tattoos, but it'd be nice if there was an option to disable that feature or adjust the frequency.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I just think this stuff could be better tuned out of the gate instead of having to do all this tweaking for a more standard experience.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Attribute progession sliders aren't working. At least for me. I decreased mid, 3 point, speed and verticle to -50 and everybody still progressed. Tried everything. Simmed multiple seasons with all sliders -50 everyone still progressed. Idk.

Sad thing is myleague hasn't gotten bug fixes in a patch for years. They just let them continue till the next 2k. We post them in the bugs and glitches thread but we still never get fixes.

So we have stat issues, issues with draft classes, issues with attritbute progression sliders that probably aren't getting fixed if we go by 2k track record of fixing myleague issues. Above poster is right. EVERY year there are myleague now mynba issues that we discover as soon as the game is released. Why not test and fix before release? Is myleague/mynba even tested? I find issues within a hour of getting the game.

Draft classes are horrible. So many as fast as Westbrook and jump like Aaron Gordon. So many can play 40 min. Even centers. Attribute progression doesn't work so there are Steph Curry's all over the place in a couple years. Lol one sim I did I decreased all the sliders to -25 and Carmelo Anthony kept getting better. He didn't retire cause I edited his age to 32. Editing is VERY tiresome. Please fix these bugs 2k. PLEASE!!!

Edit: I also don't think the boom or bust system works correctly. Every sim I did all the young players always progressed

Last edited by haloofduty; 12-07-2020 at 05:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »