Home

Is this game for me? (Don't Usually Play NBA Games)

This is a discussion on Is this game for me? (Don't Usually Play NBA Games) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0
Is this game for me? (Don't Usually Play NBA Games)

I have mostly played Madden and NHL for my gaming life. I really enjoy playing manager, franchise most. Is NBA 2K a good game for somebody who doesn't really care to play against other people, but more about team building and playing five or six seasons of a manager mode? I don't mean simming only, but, single player franchise focus.

I tried the demo and enjoyed the shooting mechanics. Curious about the community thoughts. Tia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Is this game for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
I have mostly played Madden and NHL for my gaming life. I really enjoy playing manager, franchise most. Is NBA 2K a good game for somebody who doesn't really care to play against other people, but more about team building and playing five or six seasons of a manager mode? I don't mean simming only, but, single player franchise focus.

I tried the demo and enjoyed the shooting mechanics. Curious about the community thoughts. Tia.
The franchise mode is way more deeper than Madden. I’d give it a shot for sure.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

I think you'll enjoy it. I play strictly offline and it's probably one of my favorite games. It has one of the deepest franchise modes around especially when compared to Madden.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

still depending on what you expect you will likely need to control all 30 Teams or else the AI Teams will just do one Bad move after another. myleague needs much tinkering to get enjoyable.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403

I play exclusively offline franchise (MyLeague) in NBA2K, have since NBA2K2, and it's honestly one of my favorite experiences in video gaming. NBA2K's franchise mode is definitely one of the deeper and better franchise mode experiences in sports gaming, and definitely better than Madden (but can't speak for NHL).

Yes, I think that you will be able to enjoy it plenty if that is the experience you are looking for.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

Re: Is this game for me? (Don't Usually Play NBA Games)

I made the plunge. 90 Canadian dollars, holy ****. Well, got to say I really enjoy the gameplay itself so far. It's definitely better than nhl 21 which feels like ******** arcade hockey. The in game presentation is light years ahead of Madden. Ea should be embarrassed. But we all know they feel no shame.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

ok, loving the game, but, holy ****, the my league thing is incredibly deep. is there an online tutorial someone can recommend? i feel totally lost and overwhelmed. id even settle for a youtube recommendation for someone who goes thru all the stuff

i also suck at D and O but theres in game tutorials for that.

this game is pretty incredible.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #8
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm similar to you when it comes to other sports games.
One thing that's really cool in this game for guys like me is the simming of games. You can sim to the 4th quarter and finish, you can start the game, then sim to the 3rd quarter and finish, jumping in and out. This allows me to have an impact on games even if it's mostly bad because I suck.
By simming more I have a chance at getting multiple years in so that I can take advantage of the franchise mode.
The NBA is not my favorite sport and I don't like playing the game as much as most but this game is one of my favorites because of the franchise or MYNBA mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »