Home

NBA 2k21 How’s Your MyLeague/MyNBA..?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k21 How’s Your MyLeague/MyNBA..? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2020, 11:24 PM   #81
Rookie

porkys8077's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k21 How’s Your MyLeague/MyNBA..?

I'm the Detroit Pistons and we are 2-1 after losing to the ATL Hawks. Derrick Rose is scoring about 17 PPG. I don't know how long he can keep it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2020, 10:58 PM   #82
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0

I just got my Series S and NBA2K21 Next Gen yesterday, and started MyNBA with my Orlando Magic.

I am building around a core of Markelle Fultz, Jonathan Isaac, Aaron Gordon, Cole Anthony, Mo Bamba, and Chuma Okeke. I do want to keep Aaron Gordon and keep him a part of my main core. Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevic aren't part of that core, but I am not going to move them yet. I want to let Fournier's contract expire and get the $17 million off the books, while I want to see how Vucevic fits into what I am doing. Terrence Ross and Michael Carter-Williams will be valuable role players off the bench. Not looking to make any major moves right now, as the focus is going to be on development of my youth core, and clearing cap space around them to possibly bring in a star down the line to finish the puzzle.

The one move I did make was to trade Al Farouq Aminu due to his $10 million player option that I want off the books. Cleveland offered me Dante Exum, which is a near match at contract, and expires after this first season, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger to clear out that $9 - $10 million for the off-season. Isaac and Fultz were already extended in real life, so I don't have to worry about re-signing them.

My current rotation:

PG - Markelle Fultz
SG - Evan Fournier
SF - Jonathan Isaac
PF - Aaron Gordon
C - Nikola Vucevic

Bench:
Mo Bamba
Cole Anthony
Terrence Ross
Chuma Okeke
Michael Carter-Williams

Reserves:
Gary Clark
Khem Birch
Dwayne Bacon
James Ennis
Dante Exum

I am currently 1-1. After beating the Cavaliers, I manually played my next game against the Hawks, since I was asked to provide a 3 game winning streak. Unfortunately, I couldn't pull out a win in Atlanta, so I will have to take another shot at the 3 game winning streak.

Coach Steve Clifford wants me to trade Khem Birch, and acquire 2 lottery picks, and the owner wants me to clear $25 million in cap space. I don't think I will be able to accomplish all of those things. I don't anticipate being a lottery team with my roster, and I am not going to give up the assets necessary to acquire them. I don't intend to trade Khem Birch, because if I move on from Vucevic and move Bamba into the starting lineup, Birch is the type of player I want as my backup C. I may move on from Vuc, however, if not by the trade deadline, then at the end of the season. That would clear up the $25 million that the owner wants, and it would also allow me to move Bamba in as the starting C.

My goal for season 2 is a starting lineup of:

PG - Markelle Fultz
SG - Cole Anthony
SF - Jonathan Isaac
PF - Aaron Gordon
C - Mo Bamba

I want to use this first season to start Vuc and Fournier, and allow Anthony and Bamba to continue developing while getting big minutes off the bench. By season 2 I am hoping they will take a big enough leap that I can count on them in the starting lineup.

I play a mix of manual games and simmed games, so overall ratings will play a factor in my overall success. Typically I will manually play games that are relevant to my playoff positioning, and sim inter-conference games, or games within the conference that won't really impact my seeding. I'll also play games that might be important to any goals that I have been given.

The only drawback I am facing right now is the shooting. I find shooting to be incredibly difficult in 2K21. It's frustrating because I shoot about 25% or less from anything that is not a dunk / layup / free throw. The "Green or Die" aspect of shooting in 2K21 isn't *quite* as difficult on next gen as it is on current gen, but it is still a bit ridiculously difficult. But other aspects of the game, like using Markelle Fultz or Cole Anthony to drive off pick and rolls and either finish themselves or lob it up to Aaron Gordon / Mo Bamba has been greatly effective. I can hit the occasional 3, and hopefully I will get better with the timing, because right now I find the timing to be incredibly unforgiving and insanely difficult to hit the greens that are required to make a shot.

My next planned manual game will be against the New York Knicks. I figure with this being my first dabble into next gen franchise modes, and still figuring out a lot of the game mechanics, I'm better off starting off against some of the easier teams.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #83
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
I just got my Series S and NBA2K21 Next Gen yesterday, and started MyNBA with my Orlando Magic.

I am building around a core of Markelle Fultz, Jonathan Isaac, Aaron Gordon, Cole Anthony, Mo Bamba, and Chuma Okeke. I do want to keep Aaron Gordon and keep him a part of my main core. Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevic aren't part of that core, but I am not going to move them yet. I want to let Fournier's contract expire and get the $17 million off the books, while I want to see how Vucevic fits into what I am doing. Terrence Ross and Michael Carter-Williams will be valuable role players off the bench. Not looking to make any major moves right now, as the focus is going to be on development of my youth core, and clearing cap space around them to possibly bring in a star down the line to finish the puzzle.

The one move I did make was to trade Al Farouq Aminu due to his $10 million player option that I want off the books. Cleveland offered me Dante Exum, which is a near match at contract, and expires after this first season, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger to clear out that $9 - $10 million for the off-season. Isaac and Fultz were already extended in real life, so I don't have to worry about re-signing them.

My current rotation:

PG - Markelle Fultz

SG - Evan Fournier

SF - Jonathan Isaac

PF - Aaron Gordon

C - Nikola Vucevic

Bench:

Mo Bamba

Cole Anthony

Terrence Ross

Chuma Okeke

Michael Carter-Williams

Reserves:

Gary Clark

Khem Birch

Dwayne Bacon

James Ennis

Dante Exum

I am currently 1-1. After beating the Cavaliers, I manually played my next game against the Hawks, since I was asked to provide a 3 game winning streak. Unfortunately, I couldn't pull out a win in Atlanta, so I will have to take another shot at the 3 game winning streak.

Coach Steve Clifford wants me to trade Khem Birch, and acquire 2 lottery picks, and the owner wants me to clear $25 million in cap space. I don't think I will be able to accomplish all of those things. I don't anticipate being a lottery team with my roster, and I am not going to give up the assets necessary to acquire them. I don't intend to trade Khem Birch, because if I move on from Vucevic and move Bamba into the starting lineup, Birch is the type of player I want as my backup C. I may move on from Vuc, however, if not by the trade deadline, then at the end of the season. That would clear up the $25 million that the owner wants, and it would also allow me to move Bamba in as the starting C.

My goal for season 2 is a starting lineup of:

PG - Markelle Fultz

SG - Cole Anthony

SF - Jonathan Isaac

PF - Aaron Gordon

C - Mo Bamba

I want to use this first season to start Vuc and Fournier, and allow Anthony and Bamba to continue developing while getting big minutes off the bench. By season 2 I am hoping they will take a big enough leap that I can count on them in the starting lineup.

I play a mix of manual games and simmed games, so overall ratings will play a factor in my overall success. Typically I will manually play games that are relevant to my playoff positioning, and sim inter-conference games, or games within the conference that won't really impact my seeding. I'll also play games that might be important to any goals that I have been given.

The only drawback I am facing right now is the shooting. I find shooting to be incredibly difficult in 2K21. It's frustrating because I shoot about 25% or less from anything that is not a dunk / layup / free throw. The "Green or Die" aspect of shooting in 2K21 isn't *quite* as difficult on next gen as it is on current gen, but it is still a bit ridiculously difficult. But other aspects of the game, like using Markelle Fultz or Cole Anthony to drive off pick and rolls and either finish themselves or lob it up to Aaron Gordon / Mo Bamba has been greatly effective. I can hit the occasional 3, and hopefully I will get better with the timing, because right now I find the timing to be incredibly unforgiving and insanely difficult to hit the greens that are required to make a shot.

My next planned manual game will be against the New York Knicks. I figure with this being my first dabble into next gen franchise modes, and still figuring out a lot of the game mechanics, I'm better off starting off against some of the easier teams.

Popboys sliders address shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #84
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
Popboys sliders address shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

Luckily, it seems to be getting a bit better. The last 3 games, I have been within the 28%-33% range. Which is still on the lower side, but at least it is getting into a slightly more respectable range.

Even tho the game is green-or-die this year, it seems to be a *bit* easier to hit greens on next gen than on current gen. I can at least shoot decently enough that my solid 3 point shooters are at the very least capable of possibly making a shot. So if I set up good shots, I at least have a chance, even if it is lower than it maybe should be.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:50 PM   #85
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

The Magic come just shy of a 3 game win streak.

Orlando's long range shooting finally came to life as Orlando hosted the New York Knicks and the Milwaukee Bucks, getting large double digit wins against both squads. The win against Milwaukee was especially big, as I have struggled against the Bucks in NBA2K20 and NBA2K21 current gen, but Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, and even Nikola Vucevic were all able to find a bit of a long range stroke and help stretch leads for 2 big wins.

But Orlando hosted Denver on the 2nd night of a back to back, and couldn't keep up the same shooting. Despite 32 points from Markelle Fultz, the Magic fell just shy of the Nuggets and dropped back to .500 with their 3rd loss of the season.

The Magic will go on a short 3 game Western Conference road trip, before coming back home to face the Pacers and the 76ers, one of which will be manually played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #86
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

Luckily, it seems to be getting a bit better. The last 3 games, I have been within the 28%-33% range. Which is still on the lower side, but at least it is getting into a slightly more respectable range.

Even tho the game is green-or-die this year, it seems to be a *bit* easier to hit greens on next gen than on current gen. I can at least shoot decently enough that my solid 3 point shooters are at the very least capable of possibly making a shot. So if I set up good shots, I at least have a chance, even if it is lower than it maybe should be.
TBH, if I were you I would try to find some good RP% sliders. With the Bucks, I shoot TERRIBLY with Middleton, but on RP% I usually hit around 40-45% from 3 with him.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:20 AM   #87
Rookie

Odd question, but is it possible to make the OVR numerical ratings invisible in this mode? Just for the sake of realism, I'd like to just see the attribute grades

Check out my CH2K8 dynasty!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ex-irving.html
Old 12-29-2020, 10:59 AM   #88
Rookie

I gifted myself 2k21 some time before Christmas when it was for sale. I started a MyLeague with the Vancouver Kraken as an Expansion team. The first two seasons weren't fun. The players I drafted didn't develop as I hoped they would. So, starting the 2022/23 season, the roster is completely overhauled. I grabbed some draft capital while shipping out the players with value and taking on bad contracts, for example in a deal that allowed the Mavs to sign Giannis.

In the 21 draft, Cade Cunningham slipped to the No. 4 slot and I was very happy to make him the Krakens future franchise player. I also added a solid 3nD guy in Ochai Agbaji, Isaiah Mobley and Makur Maker who quickly became a great surprise. His size combined with his playmaking skills as a center and a solid shot is very intriguing. Via trades, Josh Green (included in the deal to create cap space for the Mavs) and a very unhappy Darius Garland joined the team. I still had a lot of trouble to get wins even though many games were fairly close. After another occasion of bad lottery luck, I ended up with the 8th pick.

I didn't really like any of the available players and evaluated the trade offers. And well, as the Magic offered Jonathan Isaac for the 8th pick and another first next year, I didn't hesitate. I added Gary Harris in free agency, picked Yannick Nzosa at 21 and traded for Chris Paul and Brook Lopez in a three team deal that sent Khris Middleton to the Phoenix Suns.

My roster right now:

PG: Garland (22/76 Ovr), Paul (37/81), Cunningham (20/83)
SG: Harris (28/79), Green (22/77), Agbaji (20/73)
SF: Isaac (25/87), Cleveland (19/73), Johnson (20/72)
PF: Garuba (20/77), Mobley (20/73)
C: Lopez (34/78), Nzosa (19/76), Maker (21/73), Biyombo (30/73)

The team is obviously way too young and inexperienced right now. I still hope to maybe be able to content for a playoff spot. Anyway, this season is mostly about development and finding out which of the young talents to keep. The first game, a blowout against the Clippers without Leonard (he went back to Toronto, funnily), was a lot of fun. I started with Garland-Cunningham-Harris-Isaac-Maker as the first five with Paul as the 6th man. Cunningham scored 23 with 5 rebounds, 7 assists and 4 steals. Isaac added 18 but the real star was the bench. CP3 was highly effective and scored 16, Garuba had 16 and 10, Green added 12 and Nzosa 10. The defense is brutal and only allowed 82 points. Next up are the super scary Hawks coming off a championship thanks to MVP Trae Young. They will be the team to beat and are almost as strong as the Mavs with Doncic, Giannis and Porzingis, that won it in 21 and just lost the finals in 22.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »