Home

NBA 2K21 MyNBA Online Bugs Report - A Big Ol' Pile of Problems

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 MyNBA Online Bugs Report - A Big Ol' Pile of Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
I wish they would really read this article, we know we are a minority in comparison to the MyPlayer and My Team users. I'm a member of Sim City Hoops(Xbox) one of the longest standing online leagues on 2k. We have always had to deal with short comings. This mode has so much potential we just need someone dedicated to help get rid of all the kinks. We have even flirted with the idea of paying a fee for an "expansion pack" to get the mode right lol. That's how bad it has been and how dedicated we are to this mode. I truly think that may be the reason we are always left hung out to dry by 2k, because we aren't buying VC over and over. Nonetheless we are happy that so many more features are pumped into My NBA on next gen, in comparison to what we had on current get, now we just want it all to work... That's all.*
Old 12-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #18
Just started!

Re: NBA 2K21 MyNBA Online Bugs Report - A Big Ol' Pile of Problems

I agree with everything that’s written in this article and would also like to add that shooting should be touched a little. Seems to be greens or bricks. The game is amazing but not having all modes being fully functional makes it hard to truly enjoy the game. I believe 2k will get it right for us the people.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #19
Rookie

The game is great in itself, us my league players are finally getting some recognition. But the league is still missing some crucial vital points, some, if not most of the features appear to be cosmetic . From training days to playable G league. The G-league was a an excellent iteration, but giving us the ability to actually play the g league games would be awesome. Now for the progression, I’m not quite sure what’s going on with that, but we shouldn’t have 20 or 21 year olds like Tyler Herro (Just an Example) regressing & losing crucial attribute stats. So us my leaguers would greatly appreciate it if these things were looked into & tweaked, nether the less, we are very thankful that we are finally getting some recognition & finally our voices are being heard. Thank you.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:35 AM   #20
Rookie

Also, it’s kind of strange to me that a large majority of the rookies have literally ZERO badges. How is it possible that #1 pick Anthony Edwards has ZERO badges? That doesn’t quite make sense to me at all, hopefully this can be into as well & be addressed. Gameplay wise & presentation wise the game is beautiful, my only concern is the amount of greens and the lack of non greens not dropping. It’s green or miss honestly, and it shouldn’t be that way. Shooters are bricking wide open shots because their not green & it shouldn’t be that way. Would love to see the amount of greens toned down & allow for the slightly early’s and the slightly lates to fall. Thank you once again for all the work you all do to deliver a great virtual basketball game to us.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #21
Just started!

Great article from Swim and everyone else adding their feedback!

This 2k is very close to being one of the #1 Simulation experiences ever created. We in the sim community appreciate all the years of hard work and dedication giving to this game: With that said the issues brought up are going to be a factor in if 2k reached that title.

2 additional points to the original article.

The shooting meter needs to be adjusted ASAP for actual shooters on Hall of Fame setting - there are many instances where a shooter 85 rating and over can consistently brick a WIDE OPEN / NON CONTESTED shot while this is reasonable for the average or sub below shooter - the majority of shooters in the NBA with a non perfect release will make Make at least 30-40 % of this shot. On 2k online play especially when you add in the variations of server stability there is no reason to require a PERFECT RELEASE. To make a wide open shot. Unless you create a setting that allows for you to practice with Lag, you are not

Lastly the rookies having very little badges is frustrating. On my team of choice the Spurs Devin Vassell was clearly one of the top rated 3 & D players in the draft. Not even having one shooting badge or defensive badge is really concerning. Even Keldon Johnson a similarly rated 2nd year player came into last years 2k with a catch and shoot badge. Devins shooting and Defensive ratings are higher than Keldons.

Please modify rookies in the future patches as their play determines. Also, many 2nd year players should have a second look as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #22
Rookie

I hate to add to an already growing list of items, but I'm definitely a MyNBA / MLO head so here's what I have found... sorry if it's already been added to the comments.

- The player training, team training, and mentors do not stick when you change them. It could be because we are doing the flex schedule in Myleague Online, but after each game, the task under Assistant GM pops up and ask you to make changes to them. Very annoying.

- The mentor doesn't stick and when you go into it for the first time, it already adds 1 to 2 people to be mentored... but it doesn't allow you a) change the mentor (and have it stick) and b) add badges to these mentors and have these changes stick.

- After every game, the same tasks under Assistant GM (coach gameplan, mentor, player training, team training, etc.) always reset and we always have to clear out those tasks... even though none of the training or mentor changes ever stick.

- We are about 10-15 games in per user and our Chit Chat is broken. I'm not sure if we reached a limit or what, but when you click the Chit Chat feature from the Assistant GM tasks or from the individual player, nothing happens.

- Jersey selections for Myleague Online are broken. They were broken in current gen and eventually fixed, but you cannot see the jersey when you change it. Not game breaking, but just annoying.

- Controller settings seem to reset with every hotfix that is pushed out on 2k. Looks like he only changes within the mode and not the global setting.

- Myleague Online servers seem to be very "laggy" at night. Could be because the game is new, but is very frustrating when the Park has smooth servers at all times.

That's all I have for now. It's really mainly about being able to utilize the cool new features that were given to us and having the changes we make stick.

We are SOOO close to having a mode that we can be proud of. Gameplay is on point.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:53 PM   #23
Rookie

Great Write-up Swim, compiling all these issues we’ve seen into 1 article. The state of the game seems very much like a test run early for trial and error. Many of us came in with huge expectations for the mode moving to next gen. While being very appreciative at what all has been add, lack of functionality is huge. The mode is SO DEEP now but with the inability to take advantage of what we’ve been given, it just seems like a waste of time especially not knowing if the decisions you are making are cosmetic or actually affect how players are throughout the season.

Ex.
Denying a player of mins or starting position and them becoming frustrated we see how this affects their ratings from the roster menu but once we enter the game everything is back to normal. Making it only a cosmetic affect.

Setting up trainings just to exit league and re-enter to the entire month of set up trainings being reset to default.

Wanting to use the Mentor feature and having no clue if it’s actually working to help the player grow.

Gameplay has its ups and downs. Shooting has been incredibly inconsistent and in a lot of cases unreliable. At the moment with default HOF shooting it’s literally Green or Bricks. It’s been one of the more frustrating parts of the game by far due to it seeming so random.

Contact dunk animations can get a bit exaggerated. Guys dunking on 3-4 guys or just dunking in traffic all game regardless off defense or fatigue at that point.

Layup meter is another major one that needs some work. Because of the meter speeding up at random it makes it a big issue. The counter to is to turn off meter on layups which now makes it automatic make and removes all skill. With Meter off you can have small guys driving on shot blockers and finishing consistently if shot is not blocked or altered.

Yes for some of these it can be fixed through adjusting sliders. That’s always an option but sliders doesn’t fix all that could be fixed through a possible patch.

Rookies and there lack of badges. They seemed to be incomplete and just added to satisfy the masses of having their rookies on their teams to return later and fix them. Seems effort was put in for some and midway through just tapped out on adding badges.

Overall the mode has taken leaps and bounds beyond the 2 previous console versions. Graphics and Feel of the game are incredible. The animations and player movement beautiful. The AI finally being present 🙌. By far the best 2k and we as a sim league play community want to continue having the game improve and become more functional for all.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Hello so glad someone finally wrote this article about the issues I for one is a major Online Franchise player and these issues that I am reading have been so on point 2k really need to just take care of these issues bottom line and stop putting garbage out there to pacify us the issues with rookies playcalling development of players to name a few is mine blowing come you had more than enough time to test things out please GET IT RIGHT FOR ONCE

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »