Home

Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

This is a discussion on Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2021, 01:58 PM   #9
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
My biggest Defensive issue is the space they give defenders. I dribble the ball up and then sag off me like I am Ben Simmons.

Check out CelticLG's atg roster. Not sure what the heck he did in those but they fix a lot of defensive issues for me. I was needing to edit sliders to get more offense.

If you are familiar with playing on broadcast cam; Another kind of hot fix I use is to play on rail cam. It kind of diminishes the buffs you get from playing in what is essentially god mode.
I've never used a user made roster for 2k before this year. I cant endorse CelticLG and crew's roster enough.

This game is a hot mess OOTB. There are still defensive issues but the game is at least playable now.

The only other thing I did to the roster was I mass edited the draw foul attribute to 99 for all players not on my team. The cpu now gets 15-20 free throw attempts per game as opposed to 5 to 10 before the change.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:33 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
My biggest Defensive issue is the space they give defenders. I dribble the ball up and then sag off me like I am Ben Simmons.

Check out CelticLG's atg roster. Not sure what the heck he did in those but they fix a lot of defensive issues for me. I was needing to edit sliders to get more offense.

If you are familiar with playing on broadcast cam; Another kind of hot fix I use is to play on rail cam. It kind of diminishes the buffs you get from playing in what is essentially god mode.
Disclaimer: I prefer to avoid discussing other people's work, and this shouldn't be read as any sort of attack. My focus is more on what that work (and others like it) is accomplishing and how it applies here.

About a month ago I downloaded that roster and ran a CPU sim to check for any notable gameplay differences.

Both teams shot 15-20% in the first quarter. This was on the default sliders. So very clearly, it requires it's slider setup to be functional.

I don't have any knowledge of what was specifically changed. Generally, over the last decade, roster/slider setups that aim to create "realistic gameplay" do so by de-powering the offense.

Unfortunately, these changes don't translate seamlessly to other modes, and would not sit well with the average 2K player. It's one thing when you're running a MyLeague season at home. MyCareer is a different animal. The AI likewise has to take over for a user that drops from an Online game. Do those setups work when it's user vs user? There are a lot of factors.

Kudos for creating a different game experience, a game within the game, so to speak. That shouldn't be confused with "fixing" the game in a way that's universally applicable.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-11-2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:07 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
Disclaimer: I prefer to avoid discussing other people's work, and this shouldn't be read as any sort of attack. My focus is more on what that work is accomplishing.

About a month ago I downloaded that roster and ran a CPU sim to check for any notable gameplay differences.

Both teams shot 20% in the first quarter. This was on the default sliders.

I don't have any knowledge of what was specifically changed. Generally, over the last decade, roster/slider setups that aim to create "realistic gameplay" do so by de-powering the offense.

Unfortunately, these changes don't translate seamlessly to other modes, and would not sit well with the average 2K player. It's one thing when you're running a MyLeague season at home. MyCareer is a different animal. The AI likewise has to take over for a user that drops from an Online game.

Kudos for creating a different game experience, a game within the game, so to speak. That shouldn't be confused with "fixing" the game in a way that's universally applicable.

To be fair wouldn’t only getting your stats from 1 game not be an accurate representation of how the roster plays through out a season? He also released a slider set that was to be used in tandem with the roster

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2021, 04:14 PM   #12
Banned

Yea there's also a "scenario" which essentially is a MYNBA file that contains the roster edits, gameplay sliders, progression sliders, etc.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:20 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
To be fair wouldn’t only getting your stats from 1 game not be an accurate representation of how the roster plays through out a season?
If both teams are shooting 15-20% through the first 15 minutes of the game, I don't think much more of a sample is required.

I also don't think you quite comprehend the numbers we're discussing here. If BOTH teams shoot 4-20 in a quarter (or WORSE), something is functionally wrong. That isn't really how NBA games flow (defense creates offense).

Quote:
He also released a slider set that was to be used in tandem with the roster
That was my point.

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-11-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:31 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
If both teams are shooting 15-20% through the first 15 minutes of the game, I don't think much more of a sample is required.

That was my point.

The clippers lost by 70 recently and only scored like 25 in the first half........ did u write them off as a NBA franchise from here on out?

Old 01-11-2021, 04:41 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
The clippers lost by 70 recently and only scored like 25 in the first half........ did u write them off as a NBA franchise from here on out?
Did the Mavericks also score 25 in the first half? LOL.

2K also ain't real life. This wasn't a fluke "one in a thousand" outlier.

2K Game #1 is not substantially different from Game #10 or Game #100.

Those results would be replicated w/ significantly greater frequency than literally the worst performances in NBA History. And that's obviously not functional from a gameplay standpoint.

If the roster doesn't function on default sliders, it's likely "breaking" other aspects in order to "fix" one thing (which should not be confused with a solution).

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-11-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2021, 07:02 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Did the Mavericks also score 25 in the first half? LOL.

2K also ain't real life. This wasn't a fluke "one in a thousand" outlier.

2K Game #1 is not substantially different from Game #10 or Game #100.

Those results would be replicated w/ significantly greater frequency than literally the worst performances in NBA History. And that's obviously not functional from a gameplay standpoint.

If the roster doesn't function on default sliders, it's likely "breaking" other aspects in order to "fix" one thing (which should not be confused with a solution).

IMG_1537.jpg

Just last night Detroit shot 33% for an entire NBA game.......and Charlotte did the same thing the day before........and what do u mean 2K ain’t real life? Literally the whole purpose of the roster is to mimic real life as closely as possible lol

I also checked 8-10 games with the ATD roster default sliders and shooting percentages were never below what Detroit shot last night lol teams are averaging 40-45% from the field

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »