Home

Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

This is a discussion on Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2021, 06:29 AM   #57
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

Ok it’s been weird for me. If I raise The D sliders(layup and jumpshot) (without moving shooting sliders) shooting pct go up. If I lower the D sliders shooting pct goes down. It’s like it’s backwards from what it should be and what it used to be.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #58
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus James
Im tired of hearing about sliders, a good portion of the installed base of this game play online. If you exclusively play against bots and can tune everything to your liking then you should be having a separate convo.
Exactly. Offline guys can tune the AI to play however they like but online guys are stuck with whatever crap they put out the box. Sliders are a band-aid fix for a bigger problem.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:13 PM   #59
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Ok it’s been weird for me. If I raise The D sliders(layup and jumpshot) (without moving shooting sliders) shooting pct go up. If I lower the D sliders shooting pct goes down. It’s like it’s backwards from what it should be and what it used to be.

Are you on next gen? Because thats definitely not how it works. Are you changing the USER or CPU settings, or both? Remember that these settings affect the other team’s defense, so increasing USER defense strength sliders actually improves the CPU defense.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:43 PM   #60
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
I am not here to gameplay test anyone's roster ad nausea. From what you and others are saying, it would seem the SLIDERS are the key here, not the Roster. I would even theorize that most other rosters would function similarly with the slider set.

If that's the case, WHAT are the sliders changing that makes the game play better? Is any of that transferrable to the core gameplay?
Its neither the Roater or the Sliders, but their combination that produces the desired gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »