Home

The best 2k ever minus the defensive settings.

This is a discussion on The best 2k ever minus the defensive settings. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The best 2k ever minus the defensive settings.

I agree 100%.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:31 PM   #10
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
I think this game plays an awesome game of basketball under the right circumstances and am happy with the direction. I wish that a lot of the defensive AI that was removed was replaced in time for next gen release. Unfortunately it wasn't but I can see it getting there. The framework exists and is promising and I'm looking forward to them smartening up the defense eventually.

I think it's important to remember that most people that are happy with the game are busy actually playing it. Gauging the reaction to the game based on a forum or social media will never paint the real picture.
To be fair, Da Czar is taking over the work for the defensive AI, so I expect big changes in that department in the next few years.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:42 PM   #11
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Actually, after playing the game like crazy this past weekend, it's not a bad game. NBA 2K20 and NBA 2K11 would be my top 2 games. I do see opportunities for improvement, but I truthfully don't know how much of an impact that the pandemic was to their development process. If the devs attempt to explain the impacts, too many people would be quick to say that they're making excuses.

OTF UI, defensive sliding, shot contest, and AI defense would be my major areas of concerns. Personally, I wish they would do away with badges, because I REALLY believe they're the root problem for some of the wonky animations and unrealistic gameplay that's seen at times. Art has never been my priority, but I've been here long enough to know that's a big deal for some people.

Also, maybe it's time to "simplify" the gameplay a little bit. The one thing that I have ALWAYS given NBA Live credit for is that their game is easy to pick up and play; however, I do wish that they had a little bit more depth, but not to the level of NBA 2K. Now, I'm talking mostly H2H games. This is just my two cents. After this weekend, calling this game "trash" like in the other thread is completely disrespectful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2021, 04:47 AM   #12
Rookie

Do you know if there is anyway to actually get the AI to switch off ball screens? Half the time the AI won’t follow my defensive gameplan, but specifically off ball screens I have literally never gotten the AI to switch.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:07 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I Agree with you almost 100%
everything that i'm saying is from Player VS CPU perception, i don't care about The Neighborhood, PRO AM, MY Team and all that, i don't even touched all of this game modes since 2K15:
2k19 was bad (in my opinion)
2k20 was F****** H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E and also 2k21 Current-Gen.

I really like how this is game playing! It's fun and challenging.
2K just need to fix help defense and PNR and this would already make the game way better.

there were only few small things were I was disappointed:
the create player mode.
it's the same for 3 years straight, it's ridiculous! i was sure they gonna make a better one.

post moves are also the same since 2K19. they must add more post Hook shots and turnaround jumpers from the post for the bigs.

I feel that body types took a big hit. a lot of the player body types are the same. there suppose to be a big different between a player like Robin Lopez and SHAQ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »