Home

Did 2k lose its hunger gameplay wise?

This is a discussion on Did 2k lose its hunger gameplay wise? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2021, 01:00 AM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Did 2k lose its hunger gameplay wise?

I get it the resources is vc from a business standpoint but 2k lost its sauce in the gameplay department to the point it's not as fun as it's use to be from the shooting,defense, AI,,and difficulty levels.

Live been out the game for a few years and you start to see 2k fire ain't Lit as it's once was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2021, 01:08 AM   #2
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Did 2k lose its hunger gameplay wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I get it the resources is vc from a business standpoint but 2k lost its sauce in the gameplay department to the point it's not as fun as it's use to be from the shooting,defense, AI,,and difficulty levels.

Live been out the game for a few years and you start to see 2k fire ain't Lit as it's once was.
I'll be honest with you, looking at the next gen game, I don't feel that at all. If we're only talking current gen, then yeah, but that's understandable in a transition year. You look at PNO gameplay on next gen with real NBA teams and it seems as balanced as it has in years. I don't remember seeing a 2k that's played better since 16.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 01-07-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

They making profit hand over fist, no reason to innovate
Old 01-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Honestly I feel like 2k league is killing this game. Ever since 2k league became prevalent, I just feel like there has been so many “gamey” things added to create a perceived skill gap. Jump shots just feel so hitchy now. I remember you used to be able to practice with your team and you could learn everyone’s shut by feel. Now you have to use a meter or remember a release point. It just doesn’t feel realistic. I played organized hoops for 15 years and my jump shot was all about feel. I didn’t have a meter or a spot I had to remember to release the ball. Plus this game has so much button delay it’s crazy
Old 01-08-2021, 12:22 AM   #5
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I also sensing a arrogant vibe in the franchise department

Here's why:

2k use to chime in with the community about franchise mode bugs and tell you that such &such problem will be looked at by patch 2 ect.. but now we don't even get that about franchise bugs we have to wait till next year.Remeber they use throw the kitchen sink with a patch only concerning franchise mode and now we just get a sprinkle here and there.(madden vibes)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2021, 02:25 PM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
I'll be honest with you, looking at the next gen game, I don't feel that at all. If we're only talking current gen, then yeah, but that's understandable in a transition year. You look at PNO gameplay on next gen with real NBA teams and it seems as balanced as it has in years. I don't remember seeing a 2k that's played better since 16.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I have to agree with this 100% next gen is legit due to its pace of the game and balance. While there has to be some slider adjustments I find it refreshing to get actual charging and blocking fouls, shooting jump shot fouls, player movement that's weighted and a overall NBA atmosphere. Of course there are improvements to be made the collision detection is haphazard and they could work on defense particular rotations and P&R IQ. But I am enjoying next gen. Current gen is horrible and I will maintain that it was a simple money grab that shouldve been a bridge between gens with a 19.99 price tag. I just hope that 2K sticks with and enhances realistic gameplay. I also hope there copmmunication gets better and that this community doesnt fracture like Maddens Community because there are definently some posters that hav extreme loyalty towards 2k.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

They just need a change of pace. All these always perfect release dudes (CG) make the game a joke even if it's able to be stopped. They need to create a game that isn't as focused on shot releases and dribble moves. Fundamental change. Their engine is not gonna change but they could make it more interesting.

It's not that they lost their hunger tho it's just super super endgame for their engine. What they need is a visionary to redefine the way the game plays within the current engine. People will go wild at first cuz they are addicted to same Ole n winning playing like trash but their player retention would be higher. And satisfaction.

Played the other night w my dude and added a guy. I was like my b bud I haven't played n a min. I hate 2k now haha. And he's like haha me too. Because people still play it is not an excuse. The probability that we can stage a true boycott that requires them to change the game is almost nil even tho almost nobody is really satisfied. At least from a competition standpoint.

-Smak
Old 01-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless

They didn't lost their drive. There's a lot of guys in there who live what they do and are passionate. Some I've them use to be on this fourm just like us before they got hired into 2K.

In 2K15 Mike Wang shot himself in the foot by the introduction of "perfect releases". This alone geared the game more into arcade territory. Then year after year (with the exception of 2K16) the game become more and more about appealing to the lowest common denominator.

In 2K18 they moved over to a new motiin engine that prioritized assembly over realism. They almost completely got rid of foot planting. That right there let me know exactly what was going on. The money maker for them is the lowest common denominator and they need to cater to them. However, That comes at our experience. It is what it is.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »