Home

After being able to edit rotations in mycareer, I was permanately made the 6th man

This is a discussion on After being able to edit rotations in mycareer, I was permanately made the 6th man within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2021, 08:13 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: After being able to edit rotations in mycareer, I was permanately made the 6th ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
You can get it before the allstar game.

It does require you to basicially be the alpha on the team.

Im avg a triple double so yeah the team is willing to hand me the keys.

Just hit 92 overall and max team chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah, I saw between 40-55 games where you should get all those main rewards. I'm at the 32 game mark. Playing 5 minute quarters does make it go by a lot quicker since I end up with 12-16 minutes max per game. I either still get a double double with my Center or end up with a bad stat line because I only play 10 minutes before the 4th and don't get many opportunities

I've seen people get it before 92 OVR and with terrible team chemistry. But, I hopefully should get it before All Star break. I'm on the Grizzlies, so it's usually either me or Morant that leads team in most categories. It's just hard to get assists with this team as a Center. I got my Dimer to Silver and Bullet Passer to Bronze and teammates brick every shot. I don't think I had more than 2 assists in a game. I want to be more a playmaking center. So I'm looking forward to being able to edit playbooks to have plays to rack up assists.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:24 AM   #10
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: After being able to edit rotations in mycareer, I was permanately made the 6th ma

How long before you can influence trades? Im on 2k20 rookie season with 61 games played so far
Old 02-19-2021, 05:45 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I just got the ability to unlock and edit playbook after my 42th game of rookie season. So, I should be able to get the ability to edit rotations and influence trades/FA within the 50-55 game mark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2021, 09:22 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I haven't got the Influence FA/Trade perk after 72 games in rookie season. I was hoping to get it by the 50-55 game mark, especially after being able to edit playbook after 42th game. I had no intention in playing whole rookie season especially with the team I'm on. I haven't simmed any games and did all the practices. I'm only continuing to play this rookie season because I want that perk to influence trade/FA before I go to my next team. I'm not putting up crazy stats since I'm playing 5 min quarters on HOF, but I'm definitely the alpha on this Grizzlies team. I guess it is because of HOF difficulty and 5 min quarters, but man is this team bad outside of Morant. Even Morant has often bad nights. But even though this team is bad, we still are winning games and are the 5th seed.

I don't mind the grind, I just wish they kept how it was in 2k18-2k19 where it was tied in Overalls. Part of me wants to say screw it sim to Free Agency. The main benefit of playing all these unintended games is that I will have gotten most of the grind out of the way. I am probably 5-7 games games away from having enough MyPoints to get to 94 OVR and 4 shooting badges away from maxing all badges. So at least, I can focus on just playing games and not grinding next season. But, I still want the ability to edit rotations and suggest trades for next team.

I wish I knew it simming games resets the counter for these perks. I would love to get it within a game or so. Every game, I get disappointed when I didn't unlock it. I got the superstar label in my player info. I would just sim to next season if I knew it wouldn't reset the counter. The only benefit to playing rest of season plus playoffs is unlocking next overall and potentially getting 2 more badge points. But, I'm okay with where my player is if I simmed to next season. But since I'm 10 games away from end of regular season, I'm just going to get through. At 5 minute quarters, I just play 16 minutes. So it doesn't take me long to get through games. I won't play playoffs though. If I get to playoffs and still don't have it, I will just intentionally foul out of playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »