Home

I have had it with the way 2k treats the Pacers roster

This is a discussion on I have had it with the way 2k treats the Pacers roster within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have had it with the way 2k treats the Pacers roster

Im am not asking for increase in ratings. I am simply asking 2k to fix the pacers rotation. Im sorry that might be too hard for them because they might have to watch a game. Hell...just look at a box score. Then you will see that freaking Jakaarr Sampson is not in the Pacer lineup...nor has he ever played SF for the Pacers, yet this dude gets minutes after every single roster update. This guy exclusively plays PF, when he plays, and in real life he doesnt play. Goga Bitazde should have his minutes in the game as he has been playing for weeks now. Im pulling my hair out because every day i wait for this simple thing to be updated, but again, the Pacers are ignored in this video game. They would never continuously make this error with top teams like the lakers, clippers, net, ect. They dont give a crap.

I so wish this game had competition on the market, becaue this is straight up lazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: I have had it with the way 2k treats the Pacers roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknjr007
Im am not asking for increase in ratings. I am simply asking 2k to fix the pacers rotation. Im sorry that might be too hard for them because they might have to watch a game. Hell...just look at a box score. Then you will see that freaking Jakaarr Sampson is not in the Pacer lineup...nor has he ever played SF for the Pacers, yet this dude gets minutes after every single roster update. This guy exclusively plays PF, when he plays, and in real life he doesnt play. Goga Bitazde should have his minutes in the game as he has been playing for weeks now. Im pulling my hair out because every day i wait for this simple thing to be updated, but again, the Pacers are ignored in this video game. They would never continuously make this error with top teams like the lakers, clippers, net, ect. They dont give a crap.

I so wish this game had competition on the market, becaue this is straight up lazy.
Join the club, lol. I have felt like this for years. It seems like when there's an injury, the players seem like they're pulled within 1-2 days easily. When they comeback from injuries, it feels like weeks before they're added back to the roster. I'm pretty sure that some established roster makers will confirm that they've been getting "equal treatment" like other non-popular teams, but I swear it always feel like the Pacers get a raw deal.

As for the Goga, I just slide him up a couple of spots on the edit lineup screen when I play PNO games, and it seems like the game handles the rotations okay.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknjr007
Im am not asking for increase in ratings. I am simply asking 2k to fix the pacers rotation. Jakaarr Sampson is not in the Pacer lineup...nor has he ever played SF for the Pacers, yet this dude gets minutes after every single roster update. This guy exclusively plays PF, when he plays, and in real life he doesnt play.

I am a bit confused over how this is a big deal. Are you using Auto-Subs in PNO or something? This seems like making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quote:
Goga Bitazde should have his minutes in the game as he has been playing for weeks now. Im pulling my hair out because every day i wait for this simple thing to be updated, but again, the Pacers are ignored in this video game.
I think in general, they are pretty lax on rotations, it isn't a Pacers thing. Just going through the roster:

Nemanja Bjelica is in Sacramento's rotation (he hasn't played in a month).
Tyler Herro is Miami's starting PG (he's back to 6th man role).
Meyers Leonard is active (he's out for the season).
Nicolo Melli is in New Orleans rotation, Nickeil Alexander Walker (19 games, 21 MPG) is not.
E'Twaun Moore in Phoenix's rotation > Frank Kaminsky (12 consecutive games, 18 MPG, no backup PF/C eh?).
Josh Okogie coming off Minnesota's bench (he has started 16 of 18 games, and 13 of the last 14).
They have Wiggins starting at SG and Oubre starting at SF, even though they have their in-game positions reversed.
Alex Len isn't in Washington's rotation (he hasn't missed a game since joining the team, and has even STARTED the last two games).

Quote:
They would never continuously make this error with top teams like the lakers, clippers, net, ect. They dont give a crap.
They make errors all the time. They catch them faster because there are more fans to bring it to their attention.

Quote:
The competition wasn't putting out a better roster product.

(If the competition wants to out-do 2K, they know where to find me).
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 02-09-2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

[quote=Real2KInsider;2050320885]I am a bit confused over how this is a big deal. Are you using Auto-Subs in PNO or something? This seems like making a mountain out of a molehill.

I do play with friends. I play a friend and i always do auto sub. Yes...i can do it manually, but even manually, i run into the issue that in the sub players list, a guy is there and sometimes he is not. The bottomline is that i shouldnt have to do it. Accurate rosters should be a standard like it used to be. 2k doesn't get a pass from me here. Like i said, my request is very simple and i have been very patient, waiting weeks for a change that should happen in a day or so.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I’m sorry but they’d haven’t been able to produce a halfway lifelike Luka Doncic in 3 years. He’s a legit per star in This league. The rest of the roster for the mavs is severely underrated as well. Jaylen Brunson is an extremely steady hand off the bench averaging 9ppg for his career on great shooting clips but consistently average so about 6ppg on horrendous percentages in the game. Conversely Willie Cayley-Stein is having a terrible year and has fallen out of the rotation but is constantly first off the bench and plays like Ann animal.

It’s give and take.

Dorian Finney -Smith is a plus defender every year but has 70 ratings and no badges.

Small market life bruh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Small market life bruh
Bingo, lol!
Old 02-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Conversely Willie Cayley-Stein is having a terrible year and has fallen out of the rotation but is constantly first off the bench and plays like Ann animal.
That is an extremely recent development.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../gamelog/2021/

(And dunks being OP isn't really on the roster editor).
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 02-10-2021, 05:15 AM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

And again, rotations is only the beginning of how they treat rosters, especially of "small market teams" so badly.

I mean maybe this is just the eye test, where I am wrong and the numbers back up 2ks claim for some of their ratings, or they are wrong in so many ways, I don't know. I bet Rashidi knows more about that.

But just looking at the Pacers roster:

Myles Turner is slow as **** in the game. In real life he is relatively fast in the open court and often times is able to get chase down blocks. Not possible at all in the game. On the other hand they somehow gave him around 80 for the post ratings. Myles Turner has no footwork in the post at all. He sometimes is able to get up some strange looking shots and make them, but he is not good in the post. With his 32 Acceleration and 32 Speed with Ball I also bet, that it is near to impossible to do what he does in real life to some extent now: Beat man off the dribble from the 3pt line and finish at the rim.

Going to the other big Domantas Sabonis: This season he dribbles the ball a lot. Sometimes he even brings the ball up the court. He has a very good footwork and quick feet, too. And he is making claims for maybe being the 2nd best big man passer behind Nikola Jokic. What does that make? Oh, right, 26 Speed with Ball and 51 Pass IQ. We can debate about 44 Acceleration and 48 Speed but I would say he is not a slow truck but actually relatively agile and quick on his feet.

Doug McDermott is a one dimensional 3pt shooter according to 2k. At least they buffed his inside scoring a bit, giving him 88 shot close and 77 layup. In real life? He scores most of his points out of smart cuts and dribble penetration through dunks and layups. With his speed of 59, speed with ball of 47 and and acceleration of 53, well good luck in trying to beat your opponent, even when he jumped on a fake. On the other side, while he is not a good individual defender, I would call him at least a solid team Defender. Yet all of his defense ratings are in the 50s. He also rebounds the ball on a career high number of 4.3 rebounds per game. Here I have to admit I have a hard time in finding out, what other SF/small ball 4s with a similar body height get for comparable rebound ratings. Maybe I am exaggerating this part.

TJ McConnell is one of the fastest PGs I have seen suit up for the Pacers in recent years. I would even compare him to Darren Collison in that regard. I would be okay with 2k giving him an average speed rating for a PG. I dunno....80? Still kinda slow, but okay. But they give him horrible 70 speed and 76 acceleration. On top of that he also has only 76 lateral quickness.

I could go on with stuff like that...

Additionally I also get the impression that the single groups working at 2k don't communicate with each other. In specific on topic of this thread I mean the roster group/guy and the gameplay team.

In our league, we play on superstar with increased 3pt sliders as else most people will be non relevant from 3pt range. Even then you will see a big decline for players featuring no/few badges and/or hot zones. General word in our league is: If you don't have shooting badges, you need a very, very high rating (at least mid 80s) to even hit somewhat consistently.

I mean isn't the thinking process of 2k to get players to somewhat replicate their real life counterparts? And don't they have some kind of "formulars" for determining something like 3pt ratings? (Just throwing in some numbers as example, the exact correlation might be different) So if a player hits like 36% from deep 2k will give him some rating from 78-82. If this player does NOT have badges and hotzones, you will not be able to hit 36% in the game, and it will be more like below 30%.
Examples? Raul neto shot 38.6% last season and received a 84 3pt rating. But he has no shooting badges at all. In the recent season of our online league (where we used out of the box rosters), he finished with an absymal 3pt percentage of 18.2% with around the same volume as in real life.
Myles Turner shot 34.4% last season resulting in a 75 rating. With his only badges pick and popper and pump fake maestro not really improving his shooting there, he shot 26% from deep in our recent season.
For the upcoming season I drafted Desmond Bane. Right now he is shooting 48% from 3. With a 3pt rating of "only" 85 (48%!!!!!!) and no shooting badges or hot zones at all, I bet his shooting numbers will be more close to 30% than to 50%.

So either must the gameplay team change how shooting works and give more value to actual shot ratings or the roster team must change how they evaluate players and increase their ratings or give out badges more freely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »