Home

NBA 2K21 Patches Arrive on Current and Next Gen Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Patches Arrive on Current and Next Gen Today - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #49
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Patches Arrive on Current and Next Gen Today - Patch Notes

Also, one thing I forgot to include in my post the other day...

The only gameplay fix they put in the patch notes was the fadeaways being nerfed. But we already know that the fadeaways being nerfed was something that they could do with a hot fix. We know this because they told us.... the hot fixes are released via those "update required" updates.

So if the only gameplay fix on the patch was something from a hot fix... well then there was NOTHING gameplay related addressed with the patch. Just think about that for a second and try not to laugh...or cry....
Old 02-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
"Working on the sim aspects"... do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? They advertise this game as a sim sports game. So how are you "working on the sim aspects" lmao. The "aspects" should already be there. They absolutely are not. It's 30% sim the last 4 years.
"gimmicky, animation driven, zero skill required, half assed arcade game!"

Bro, I am an app developer. These comments do NOTHING to help me in trying to solve an issue lmao
I p[lay 2k with a custom roster and sliders and I dont find it gimmicky, not sure how to determine what "animation driven" means (should there be no animations?", zero skill? zero skill for what lol this makes no sense at all. like zero skill to beat the computer on rookie?.. and half assed arcade game? lol I think the park is supposed to be an arcade game right?

Get what im saying yet ? lmao
Old 02-12-2021, 01:49 PM   #51
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
"gimmicky, animation driven, zero skill required, half assed arcade game!"

Bro, I am an app developer. These comments do NOTHING to help me in trying to solve an issue lmao
I p[lay 2k with a custom roster and sliders and I dont find it gimmicky, not sure how to determine what "animation driven" means (should there be no animations?", zero skill? zero skill for what lol this makes no sense at all. like zero skill to beat the computer on rookie?.. and half assed arcade game? lol I think the park is supposed to be an arcade game right?

Get what im saying yet ? lmao
1. I dont play park im not 12. I play rec and pro-am only. So I am only speaking about these modes.

2. Do I really have to explain what animation driven means and why it's one of the main issues with the game not being a sim? Do you even play this game lol? Evidently not. The game has predetermined animations that take place depending where you are on the court and when you press an action button and same thing goes for the defense. For example, the user on offense being sucked into the charge or the user defender being drawn in (sometimes from 10 feet away) to get dunked on. Every year there's a glitchy animation that everyone uses to score. If you want to win you have to abuse this glitchy animation/shot. Another huge issue with animations is the contest system and how it works. I can press X/Square a millisecond before the defender press Y/triangle to jump to contest, still resulting tp him being all in my face (would be a block in real life 100%) and it registers 13% contest... just because of the timing when I pressed a button compared to him. Completely disregarding the players height/weight or position on the court. ANIMATION DRIVEN

3. Zero skill... see above pretty much. Glitchy animation that you are forced to do to score if you want to compete and win games. Otherwise your opponent will just do it all game and blow you out. ZERO SKILL. Pretty obvious why I am saying zero skill.

4. You say LMAO a lot.. Makes you sound defensive. Almost as if you are taking these, blatantly obvious and valid issues, personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 02:14 PM   #52
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
The whole competition argument as its framed around here is a relic of a bygone era. 2K is one of the top selling games every single year. 2K20 sold 14 million copies. 2K is Call of Duty, the game will sell with only a roster update every year at this point.

What's telling is that the context that Live comes up in is always as "competition" to push 2K and never as a legitimate game. It's like they only want it back to threaten 2k with when there are legit other games out there to spend time and money on already. No one extols the virtues of Live or provide wishlists or anything of the sort. There are very few legit Live fans. In some instances competition truly does breed innovation, and I can see the logic in the argument, maybe with two new IP's in the same sport. But with established top sellers like 2K and Madden and COD it comes off as little more than venting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I agree. The mere existence of "competition" is NOT enough. IMHO, Madden would be the perfect example of where competition could push innovation. EA had the NFL license (at the time), so no other company could even attempt to make a football game. Madden is still compared to the ghost of NFL 2K5 and that game is still this looming "presence" in the football videogame sector. If Take 2 was allowed to make a bonafide NFL, EA would lose 2-3 million (I could be exaggerating, but am I really?) sales off the name alone.

NBA 2K doesn't have any company lurking in the background that matches the level of a threat like NFL 2Kxx would be to Madden. EA could release the NBA Street series, but that would fall more in the category of "something different". Don't get me wrong. If any company makes a NBA game, I think some/most gamers will give them a fair shake, but that game would have to be mind blowing before it could even put a dent in NBA 2K's market shares.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
1. I dont play park im not 12. I play rec and pro-am only. So I am only speaking about these modes.

2. Do I really have to explain what animation driven means and why it's one of the main issues with the game not being a sim? Do you even play this game lol? Evidently not. The game has predetermined animations that take place depending where you are on the court and when you press an action button and same thing goes for the defense. For example, the user on offense being sucked into the charge or the user defender being drawn in (sometimes from 10 feet away) to get dunked on. Every year there's a glitchy animation that everyone uses to score. If you want to win you have to abuse this glitchy animation/shot. Another huge issue with animations is the contest system and how it works. I can press X/Square a millisecond before the defender press Y/triangle to jump to contest, still resulting tp him being all in my face (would be a block in real life 100%) and it registers 13% contest... just because of the timing when I pressed a button compared to him. Completely disregarding the players height/weight or position on the court. ANIMATION DRIVEN

3. Zero skill... see above pretty much. Glitchy animation that you are forced to do to score if you want to compete and win games. Otherwise your opponent will just do it all game and blow you out. ZERO SKILL. Pretty obvious why I am saying zero skill.

4. You say LMAO a lot.. Makes you sound defensive. Almost as if you are taking these, blatantly obvious and valid issues, personally.
I gotcha, you're playing online modes with 10 users.

you're talking about a sim rec experience with 10 users who are actively trying to break the game? Bro , that is going to be a TALL task. Best of luck with that one man.

Czar always says when you put sim in , you can get sim out. But if you're driving around in a circle trying to break the game , I dunno man.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:19 PM   #54
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
The whole competition argument as its framed around here is a relic of a bygone era. 2K is one of the top selling games every single year. 2K20 sold 14 million copies. 2K is Call of Duty, the game will sell with only a roster update every year at this point.

What's telling is that the context that Live comes up in is always as "competition" to push 2K and never as a legitimate game. It's like they only want it back to threaten 2k with when there are legit other games out there to spend time and money on already. No one extols the virtues of Live or provide wishlists or anything of the sort. There are very few legit Live fans. In some instances competition truly does breed innovation, and I can see the logic in the argument, maybe with two new IP's in the same sport. But with established top sellers like 2K and Madden and COD it comes off as little more than venting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
For the people who aren't "gamers" and only play football and or basketball games they are contextually at the mercy of the limited choices in those spaces currently, so if they don't like the product many will say and hope for anything that can possibly cause a change in their predicament, even if it often involves improbable scenarios or illogical analysis, or unfortunately, making disparaging comments.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:36 PM   #55
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I agree. The mere existence of "competition" is NOT enough. IMHO, Madden would be the perfect example of where competition could push innovation. EA had the NFL license (at the time), so no other company could even attempt to make a football game. Madden is still compared to the ghost of NFL 2K5 and that game is still this looming "presence" in the football videogame sector. If Take 2 was allowed to make a bonafide NFL, EA would lose 2-3 million (I could be exaggerating, but am I really?) sales off the name alone.

NBA 2K doesn't have any company lurking in the background that matches the level of a threat like NFL 2Kxx would be to Madden. EA could release the NBA Street series, but that would fall more in the category of "something different". Don't get me wrong. If any company makes a NBA game, I think some/most gamers will give them a fair shake, but that game would have to be mind blowing before it could even put a dent in NBA 2K's market shares.

Nba2k has no competition.

There is 0.

Only way 2K can be threatened is if EA can pay for an exclusive license like they do with the nfl lol.

Even then with that mycareer/neighborhood mode 2K would still destroy them

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 02:45 PM   #56
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Nba2k has no competition.

There is 0.

Only way 2K can be threatened is if EA can pay for an exclusive license like they do with the nfl lol.

Even then with that mycareer/neighborhood mode 2K would still destroy them

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Damn, Man . What's messed up...I had to think about that for a moment. That MyCareer/Neighborhood is a juggernaut in its own rights. Would NBA 2K still outsell NBA Live without the license...I think it would, lol.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 02-12-2021 at 02:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »