Home

Why Hall of fame so easy on Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Why Hall of fame so easy on Next Gen? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2021, 01:08 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why Hall of fame so easy on Next Gen?

To answer your question...it is because the CPU D AI is simply broken. Even the devs (see other thread) admit it does not work on next gen.

CPU AI D is just atrociously bad, unfortunately.

I tested post patch the following:
HOF level
CPU Bucks EVERY player's defensive ratings raised to max in every D category. CPU sliders max D every setting...

And I could still score with basic picks and cuts all game and no none on the cpu pressured my shooters.

That is why you are winning so easily. The cpu plays no D/ runs off and leaves huge gaps / does not pressure shooters / even on hall of fame.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:43 AM   #10
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

CPU is AWFUL this year on HOF. This might be the easiest and most boring MyCareer has ever been for me. Then the bad thing about playing on HOF is your CPU teammates are trash. You’d be fortunate for them to knock down open shots consistently.

I used to have a good games especially in 2K19 with the CPU. They need to revert back to that. The CPU actually made you work on defense. I could not guard a player like Kyrie most nights. Now...I can barely be paying attention and clamp him up. They just aren’t as good. If Czar says they were “cheating”, at least for HOF, they need to bring some of that cheating back because it’s unplayable for me. Never lost a game to the cpu on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 02-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #11
Rookie

It got to a point for me where I'm getting obsessed with the sliders to make the game challenging. It seems fine up until like 2-3 weeks ago but it seems I got too good at understanding the game and end up with ridiculous scorelines like 75-40 before half time. I have increased all shooting metrics for CPU to 60, and increased their defensive awareness to 60 but it's still too easy. I tried taking offensive and defensive awareness both to 80, it became too difficult (I mean Trae Young playing lockdown defense on LaMelo was ridiculous). I think I will keep shooting at 60 but will mess around with def/off awareness to make it a good challenge. Seems like somewhere between 60 and 80 should be the sweet spot...

Last edited by Sarni; 02-18-2021 at 07:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarni
It got to a point for me where I'm getting obsessed with the sliders to make the game challenging. It seems fine up until like 2-3 weeks ago but it seems I got too good at understanding the game and end up with ridiculous scorelines like 75-40 before half time. I have increased all shooting metrics for CPU to 60, and increased their defensive awareness to 60 but it's still too easy. I tried taking offensive and defensive awareness both to 80, it became too difficult (I mean Trae Young playing lockdown defense on LaMelo was ridiculous). I think I will keep shooting at 60 but will mess around with def/off awareness to make it a good challenge. Seems like somewhere between 60 and 80 should be the sweet spot...
I found the sweet spot, recommend this to anyone who is now struggling with the game being too easy.

Increase all shooting efficiency sliders to 60
Increase CPU's offensive awareness to 80
Increase CPU's defensive awareness to 70

It's no longer that easy to burst past defenders, you need to focus on defense but CPU will still get off great shots especially from top players.

I've played 2 games using that so far. Lost 120-118 to Blazers with Utah, I had a significant lead going into 4th but they got hot from three and I struggled on offense. Beat Hawks with Hornets, was up by 12 at one point, down by 8 at another, closed out strong in 4th. Both were much better experience than anything before, I had to stay focused all game to stay in it.

I think the mistake they've made is that there is barely any change in sliders between All-Star and HOF. When selecting HOF you are virtually playing All-Star with a slightly better shooting efficiency and better defensive awareness for CPU. Between Superstar and HOF there's only 1 point difference in shooting sliders for CPU. That is not enough to make a noticeable difference. I have basically based my sliders on the jump I'd expect from All-Star to HOF which should be similar to Pro to All-Star jump at least. I think 60 for shooting efficiency is optimal if you are not hell bent on having the exact real NBA splits, then if you are finding it too easy/too hard playing around with offensive/defensive awareness for CPU does the trick. Actually defensive awareness at 70 seems very good too, CPU does not do lockdown defense on all your players staying within 10 inches at all times like it does at 80 & above but also does not stand around pointlessly like it does at 60 and below. So once you are done with upping the shooting sliders to 60, and bumping up defense to 70, you have to play around with CPU's offensive awareness only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »