Home

How do you guys play D?

This is a discussion on How do you guys play D? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
How do you guys play D?

Just wondering how everyone plays defense. Do you always guard the player with the ball?

I personally only control one player on defense. Who ever I used last on offense is the player I control on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2021, 04:46 PM   #2
Rookie

XxStew21xx's Arena

Re: How do you guys play D?

I don't trust the cpu centers when it comes to rebounding so i use the center on defense as much as I can. Trying to get better at on ball defense but primarily use the center.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #3
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

I usually switch depending on where I think the ball will go. So sometimes I'll be in control of all five players in one possession. I do this mainly to close out faster because the help D is horrible, unless you have a top tier defensive team with a mobile "big" like Draymond.

If a player is trying to abuse some flaw in the game, like paint passing or unstoppable blow-by animations, I'll just switch to the worst shooter's defender and make life difficult.

Last edited by Crossover1; 02-25-2021 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm still working on improving my defense but lately I have been playing man-to-man and turning on double post -> dig in defensive settings. I most often user the PF (unless I'm up against someone like Giannis) as soon as the transition begins and sit him right outside the paint to defend the drive to the basket. Usually the PF on offense is not a great shooter so it can force a bad shot choice if you leave the PF open on the perimeter. If the person I am playing can't shoot 3s at all, I do double post -> dig and double perimeter -> on drive. That can cause a lot of bad shots and turnovers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »