Home

TV Timeouts (should they be added?)

This is a discussion on TV Timeouts (should they be added?) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2021, 06:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TV Timeouts (should they be added?)

I have to switch users and call a timeout for the CPU. Especially if I’m going on a run, or there hasn’t been a dead ball for a while.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:07 AM   #10
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk389117
TV timeouts would be great for the flow of the game. One thing I've definitely been continuously working on is laying off the RT, limited chaining of ball handling moves, and it's tough when a guys lights out but making sure I'm not wearing a player out with their FGA.

One scenario though, say Lavine is exhausted from carrying the Bulls and you've also got Colby White injured. In a tight game, I'll pray no auto timeouts used and a lot of times, late game, neither team cares to burn a t/o after 3:00 mark.

I also play this setup and this year's version definitely has more fatigue impacting players.

I assume you're running auto sub based on rotation? Speaking of, I've not considered what auto sub fatigue would even throw at me. I remember yrs ago it wasn't close to realistic.

But I'm finally now seeing my starters better at surviving the full entire stretch without being so tired I can't score.

And this is also why injuries will increase.

Interesting thought, though.

Sent from my 100011885 using Operation Sports mobile app
I actually do the advanced rotations on my roster and it's like they call timeouts way more than if you just updated the rotation it's time consuming but if you want that sim experience you should try it out I'm mostly a play now offline and I love realism so I bring it to my roster you can check it out and I'm going to start posting real life advance rotations on my you tube channel because members are always asking how do I do it I basically updated the advanced rotations based on the coaches rotation of the previous game check it out

Psn timsmooth503pa
Official nba roster
Old 02-21-2021, 09:33 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Yes it should be in the game. Substitutions and rotations are predicated on timeouts including TV timeouts.

Coaches TV timeouts as a strategy to manage minutes.

It also allows players to play longer minutes and play more uptempo.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »