Home

New Patch?

This is a discussion on New Patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New Patch?

Have the devs said that a future patch will be coming for the PS5? Seems like forever since we've had a proper patch. I'm shocked at the lack of updates for the first iteration of next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2021, 04:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy10
Have the devs said that a future patch will be coming for the PS5? Seems like forever since we've had a proper patch. I'm shocked at the lack of updates for the first iteration of next gen.
Wasn't there a patch just a couple weeks ago? You want them to patch the game every week?
Old 03-05-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

No, they don't need to patch it every week, but we shouldn't have to wait 5 months to get multiple teams City courts unlocked.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:26 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb0622
Wasn't there a patch just a couple weeks ago? You want them to patch the game every week?
I don't know why people liked this. 2k21 has major problems that weren't touched in that patch and nothings been said. It's been months. So I'm curious also if there is going to be gameplay and Mynba fixes. Also he said PROPER patch meaning this last patched sucked overall
Old 03-05-2021, 10:21 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I don't know why people liked this. 2k21 has major problems that weren't touched in that patch and nothings been said. It's been months. So I'm curious also if there is going to be gameplay and Mynba fixes. Also he said PROPER patch meaning this last patched sucked overall
As far as gameplay goes, Czar basically said everything defensively and all that needs a year to two to be reworked. He also mentioned they are working on next years game. Something people may need to keep in mind, when you excoriate a game so bad, devs may see it better to just build a better game next year than to try and fix this years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2021, 01:02 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I dont understand why you guys expect huge patches in 2k every year. They never do it and never will because it angers the online crowd. They're not fixing MyNBA until next year (they rarely touch offline modes during the release year. It's released and not touched again outside of very, very minor tweaks) and they never do sweepingly huge gameplay patches during the year because it ruins Park/Rec and they don't want people upset about their MyPlayers that they spent $50-100 on not being meta anymore.

The game as it stands now is the game we have until 2k22 releases in September or October, outside of miniscule tweaks to badges, fadeaway 3s or possibly contested dunks.

Royals Baseball: Catch the Thrill!
Old 03-05-2021, 06:44 PM   #7
Rookie

I benched this game till next year. No reason to play it anymore. Waiting for The Show now. 2k keeps disappointing over and over again. I understand we had a pandemic but it seems other games get patched just fine with routine updates also. The 2K crew has to get it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »