Home

Mike Wang Twitter Poll On Shot Aiming

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Twitter Poll On Shot Aiming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Mike Wang Twitter Poll On Shot Aiming

https://twitter.com/beluba/status/13...926764033?s=21

Over 100,000+ votes.

Honestly, I hated the feature in current-gen but I really like it on next-gen and I think I use it just as much as I use the button. It’s also my preferred mechanic for timing layups. Honestly I would hate to see it go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Mike Wang Twitter Poll On Shot Aiming

It brought a skill gap to shooting that everyone asked for and made slashing more rewarding.

They can remove it but excellent scripts will always exist the real culprit is green releases. Imo people would have voted the same way even without zen as this wasn’t a popular feature. People don’t like to try something new if square works fine.

There are users who also tried it and weren’t fans...they’ll also vote no polls like these are misleading.

Last edited by loso_34; 04-10-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:25 PM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
It brought a skill gap to shooting that everyone asked for and made slashing more rewarding.

They can remove it but excellent scripts will always exist the real culprit is green releases. Imo people would have voted the same way even without zen as this wasn’t a popular feature. People don’t like to try something new if square works fine.

There are users who also tried it and weren’t fans...they’ll also vote no polls like these are misleading.
I didn't like it, because I thought it interfered too much with the OVERALL function of the right stick when it came to other shots. As I stated before, I absolutely hated how my player would go into a dribble move when I attempted a regular shot. I don't know if there's a direct correlation, but it seemed more often to happen when I was in the final seconds of the shot clock though.

To me, the right stick became less responsive, because they were too many things tied to the right stick. I just want to push the stick in whatever direction to determine my shot type and not worry about how fast or to where I pushed the stick.

Plus, why does freaking shooting has to be THE skill gap??? What about defense? What about basketball IQ? What about dribbling? What about passing? Honestly, I just think it's real narrow minded thinking to believe shooting is the only thing that separates the real ballers from the amateurs.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I didn't like it, because I thought it interfered too much with the OVERALL function of the right stick when it came to other shots. As I stated before, I absolutely hated how my player would go into a dribble move when I attempted a regular shot. I don't know if there's a direct correlation, but it seemed more often to happen when I was in the final seconds of the shot clock though.

To me, the right stick became less responsive, because they were too many things tied to the right stick. I just want to push the stick in whatever direction to determine my shot type and not worry about how fast or to where I pushed the stick.

Plus, why does freaking shooting has to be THE skill gap??? What about defense? What about basketball IQ? What about dribbling? What about passing? Honestly, I just think it's real narrow minded thinking to believe shooting is the only thing that separates the real ballers from the amateurs.
Just turn it off if you’re not a fan of it. That’s what bothers me with that poll guys with your opinion or those who never tried it are voting to remove it.

As for your last point take it up with Mike and those who keep asking for a skills gap.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

We talking polls or voting? Jk... Politics joke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2021, 03:53 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

I love it, but its current implementation is a bit overpowered.

Having two 'green windows' compared to one is the fatal flaw IMO.

But if I'm tilted, taking bad shots, or just not in rhythm, then I'm air balling just about every shot. I love it in that regard.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Just turn it off if you’re not a fan of it. That’s what bothers me with that poll guys with your opinion or those who never tried it are voting to remove it.

As for your last point take it up with Mike and those who keep asking for a skills gap.
Been turned it off...I made a honest attempt to use it, and I just don't like it. However, whatever "programming" they used to implement it screwed up (IMHO) the overall use of the RS. When I play NBA 2K20 instead of NBA 2K21, the RS "just works". Layups, hook shots, up and under, etc. It don't matter. When I pressed the RS for a desire shot, I got it. In NBA 2K21, there's this millisecond delay that burns me up and sometimes the RS just flat out don't respond. As a result, I moved to the button for shooting shots outside of the paint to avoid whatever that stupid input delay is, I rarely use post moves, and I use RS for layups.

I've been using shot stick since its inception, so I'm not some rookie with it comes to its use.

EDIT: I'm talking about the PNO mode. To be fair, I haven't touched REC this year, so it could be a different experience.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-10-2021 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:47 PM   #8
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

I’ll preface it by saying I’ve played on Next-Gen only, but I actually like the Shot Aim implementation. I believe that moving forward, they’ll need to fine tune it to be more consistent, in terms of where the meter will appear based on where you’re shooting from. So far though, I’ve enjoyed my time with it & the challenge of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »