Home

Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

This is a discussion on Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #1
MVP
 
timmg's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lawton, OK
Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

I scored 3-4 baskets in a row with Lebron, then the cpu center leaves his man to come double Lebron at the 3pt line🙄 makes no sense
timmg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 06:31 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Yeah the double team logic is pretty terrible, AI goes for it in situations even where the open man easily passed to and the target is a good ballhandler/passer. I'm not sure if any of the attributes make them smarter about this (which could be adjusted with sliders) or its just some stupid override that kicks in.
aimlessgun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:43 PM   #3
MVP
 
timmg's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lawton, OK
Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessgun
Yeah the double team logic is pretty terrible, AI goes for it in situations even where the open man easily passed to and the target is a good ballhandler/passer. I'm not sure if any of the attributes make them smarter about this (which could be adjusted with sliders) or its just some stupid override that kicks in.

I control all 30 teams, wondering if theres something in the coach profiles
timmg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:14 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Iím desperate for an answer to this as well. I primarily play as the sixers and average like 10 assists a game with Embiid bc the double team logic repeatedly leaves Curry, Harris and Green wide open for shooting practice.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
kane412 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:48 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane412
Iím desperate for an answer to this as well. I primarily play as the sixers and average like 10 assists a game with Embiid bc the double team logic repeatedly leaves Curry, Harris and Green wide open for shooting practice.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Are we talking next gen or current gen?
I recommend you to put cpu defensive awareness to 99 in the sliders menu + change sides before tipoff and change help defense to 50 on the coach sliders. And if that doesnít help, go to defensive settings and change the double team setting for Joel Embiid
dvir10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvir10
Are we talking next gen or current gen?

I recommend you to put cpu defensive awareness to 99 in the sliders menu + change sides before tipoff and change help defense to 50 on the coach sliders. And if that doesnít help, go to defensive settings and change the double team setting for Joel Embiid


Current gen. I have done those things for all of the settings you mentioned. Nothing seems to change the AI response. I think itís just broken. It has to do with his badges and attributes. If I were to drop his post control to like 50 overall, the double stops coming, but then you lose the advantage of his actual skill set.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
kane412 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago
Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane412
Current gen. I have done those things for all of the settings you mentioned. Nothing seems to change the AI response. I think itís just broken. It has to do with his badges and attributes. If I were to drop his post control to like 50 overall, the double stops coming, but then you lose the advantage of his actual skill set.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
So when you dropped Embiid post control to 50 the double teams stopped coming even when Embiid was still piling up the points?
tonio5100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Scream STOP IT at the TV.


-Smak
ILLSmak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Top -