Home

Offseason Coaching Changes Marks Big Opportunity for 2K

This is a discussion on Offseason Coaching Changes Marks Big Opportunity for 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-18-2021, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

zten11's Arena

OVR: 8
Offseason Coaching Changes Marks Big Opportunity for 2K

With nearly one-third of the entire league having coaching changes this past season until now, the makers of NBA 2K22 are surely already working towards incorporating new coaching systems on to new teams. The only thing is, we actually have to wait and see who the majority of the new coaching vacancies are going to be filled out by.

All in all, though, how much should that really matter? Is it really going to prevent your mind from overcoming those obstacles of enjoying an "old" game? And could part of that be due to coaching changes? You know, because there are a lot of good video game editing people on this planet (especially on OS). On top of that, some of these coaches (like Terry Stotts) might just take over other jobs.

What adjustsments will this force you to make on your new NBA 2K21?

Or will it just have you more excited and prepared for NBA 2K22?

Playbooks are deemed as "important" by many regular 2K players. It's funny to me because I was personally one who never utilized playbooks much. I know upon learning, however, as a roster maker that playbooks are important in simulation and playing vs the CPU. The people that are really in to all of the good roster habits will notice everything involved with the coach's settings right away. So, I guess that makes this whole coaching transition an instrumental part of the game. However, that is all depending on how you look at it:

Are you looking to tweak and improve things in your current 2K21 experience or are you all in on 2K22?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
Rookie

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offseason Coaching Changes Marks Big Opportunity for 2K

At the very least, the names being floated around as coaching candidates should lead 2K to finally give us female appearance presets for staff. Kind of ridiculous that the WNBA is a playable mode in the game but you canít even hire a female NBA coach.

Better yet though, we should be able to Create-A-Staffer (ie, not just face presets) and use Staff DNA.

For my 2k21 Switch roster, click here.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:12 PM   #3
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

I want be a coach mode or MyCoach

Setup practices, go over game film, create rotations. It'd be like NFL Head Coach but NBA edition.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

2K's team playbooks are actually coach-specific playbooks. They don't adjust anything when a new coach is installed, they just carryover the former team's playbook.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #5
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
At the very least, the names being floated around as coaching candidates should lead 2K to finally give us female appearance presets for staff. Kind of ridiculous that the WNBA is a playable mode in the game but you canít even hire a female NBA coach.

Better yet though, we should be able to Create-A-Staffer (ie, not just face presets) and use Staff DNA.
Made a post about this last year I think, definitely need to have this happen, especially since Becky Hammon seems to be getting serious interviews. She's been a head assistant coach for years for the Spurs and still hasn't appeared in game even with the expanded coaching lineup this year.

You apparently can get a woman head coach in 2K21 next gen, but you have to sim super far ahead and have a lot of coaches retire for them to be generated.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »