Home

How can I make the CPU double team my MJ whos averaging 42 a game?

This is a discussion on How can I make the CPU double team my MJ whos averaging 42 a game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-15-2021, 09:34 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
How can I make the CPU double team my MJ whos averaging 42 a game?

Im deep into a sim season with the hardest possible defensive settings and Im averaging 42 a game with MJ, and thats without even trying. Much like real life, no one can guard him.

And I dont think Ive been double teamed ONCE. Is there ANY way to smarten up the CPU defense on 2K21 Next Gen? Like give me a challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2021, 10:32 AM   #2
Pro

dwayne12345's Arena

Re: How can I make the CPU double team my MJ whos averaging 42 a game?

Strange. When I start thumping the CPU with 1 player they send double teams religiously. Maybe it's the teams your playing against.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Strange. When I start thumping the CPU with 1 player they send double teams religiously. Maybe it's the teams your playing against.
Damn really? Even guards? I see them doubling centers (like Shaq) but never a guard. Ive played agianst every team, but my teams are all lineup modified.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:58 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Damn really? Even guards? I see them doubling centers (like Shaq) but never a guard. Ive played agianst every team, but my teams are all lineup modified.
What version are you on? I have 2K21 on PC current gen and they double really well.

I also have 2K21 Next Gen on PS5 and they NEVER double team...it was, literally, removed by one of the patches. You can have 60 points at 3/4 time with Curry and there are no doubles. It is not position based, I have had games with Embiid where I have started 20 for 20 from the field and they NEVER double him.
Old 07-16-2021, 12:26 AM   #5
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

I wish I could help you with this. Thats why I hope they will bring back in game adjustments in case something like this happens for us to be challenge as offline users. For example I hope they bring back the Jordan Rules like in 2k16 for whenever you play against the pistons or when you play against Seattle and the AI assign Gary Payton their best defender to guard Jordan from beginning to end.

Last edited by midwestking100; 07-16-2021 at 12:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2021, 04:00 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
What version are you on? I have 2K21 on PC current gen and they double really well.

I also have 2K21 Next Gen on PS5 and they NEVER double team...it was, literally, removed by one of the patches. You can have 60 points at 3/4 time with Curry and there are no doubles. It is not position based, I have had games with Embiid where I have started 20 for 20 from the field and they NEVER double him.
God thats such bs. How can the devs suck so bad at something so damn simple.

Yeah another big element missing is them putting best defenders on the other teams biggest weapon. These are so easy to program in.
Old 07-16-2021, 05:13 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
God that’s such bs. How can the devs suck so bad at something so damn simple.

Yeah another big element missing is them putting best defenders on the other teams biggest weapon. These are so easy to program in.
Da Czar said their "defensive AI" guy left and thus the next gen AI defense is terrible. He was good enough to admit it.

My problem = 2K is a billion $$$ company...they charged $70 plus for this game...and we are supposed to believe 'one' guy leaving meant they had all these problems. Right..........

Reality is they sent it out half baked and started work on 22. Plain and simply reality.
Old 07-16-2021, 05:25 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Da Czar said their "defensive AI" guy left and thus the next gen AI defense is terrible. He was good enough to admit it.

My problem = 2K is a billion $$$ company...they charged $70 plus for this game...and we are supposed to believe 'one' guy leaving meant they had all these problems. Right..........

Reality is they sent it out half baked and started work on 22. Plain and simply reality.
Seriously. So that implies they have zero knowledgeable management. Does that mean 2k21 and 2K20 last gen dont have the double team issue?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »