Home

Is This Game Even Fun? Next Gen.

This is a discussion on Is This Game Even Fun? Next Gen. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #17
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is This Game Even Fun? Next Gen.

Yes, I am having a lot of fun playing 2K21 NG. I hate MyCareer is so bad because the CPU is terrible overall and it’s too easy. I don’t enjoy the park either. I just play REC and I am having the most fun playing online since like 2K17. They do have a lot of work to do but I can’t say this game is bad or boring when it comes to playing online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 07-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #18
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That is so weird that you think NBA 2K20 is one of their worse games, while I think it's one of their better games, lol. Of course, some people think NBA 2K21 is a great game, and it holds the honor of being the less played NBA 2K game I ever owned.
2K20 was just different man lol. 17 and 21 are my other 2 least favorite 2Ks but as much as I had issues with those games, I still played them a ton. 2K20 was just unplayable to me man. The slow jumpshots, slow movement, the hopstep cheese, the bad interior defense etc. everytime I played that game I legitimately got angry LOL.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:55 PM   #19
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

I only really play ProAM, Rec, City.

My group of friends (all with new consoles) stopped playing 2k a while ago. The all players the same and the trouble with playing defense was too much.

I have returned to Xbox one and played some "JV Rec" as it is called. That was fun, felt like defense is an option.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:03 PM   #20
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
2K20 was just different man lol. 17 and 21 are my other 2 least favorite 2Ks but as much as I had issues with those games, I still played them a ton. 2K20 was just unplayable to me man. The slow jumpshots, slow movement, the hopstep cheese, the bad interior defense etc. everytime I played that game I legitimately got angry LOL.
Fair enough, lol. I know that I legitimately get angry with NBA 2K21 next gen...on every single game that I play in PNO. I could be winning, and I would still be mad at the game about something, lol.

I guess the slower pace of NBA 2K20 is probably why I like it so much. The game does eventually slows down enough that players have to understand how to play a half-court offense without relying on calling for a screen on every possession.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:11 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play this game because it is the only good sim bball game in the market. However, playing Rec/Park on your own is a total sh*t show. Defense is non existing. It's like the defenders can't turn their hips fast enough. There is no skill gap... people are out here catching contact dunks and hitting yellow shots thinking they're good. We got people getting dragged from the 3pt line to satisfy the contact dunk animation. idk how 2k can fix this honestly because there are people out here that really play like garbage messing up the experience for others. idk how to feel at this moment just need to vent. I want to love this game but man its hard to enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2021, 12:46 PM   #22
Banned

This game is utter ****. One of the worst basketball games ever. Definitely the worse 2k game ever. I’m talking next gen to. So I only imagine how terrible last gen is.

Terrible unnecessary animations that totally break immersion. Sliding players so defense is basically unplayable at any decent level. Dumb AI teammates who literally just leave players open. I can go on and on. This game is not fun and 22 will be much of the same. Pass.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:13 AM   #23
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Online gameplay is terrible because the community is terrible and full of "gamers" who don't know actual basketball, and the tons of badges added to the game over the years bail out people for making bad decisions.

E.g: it's become a game made for idiots.

Offline is still fun a lot of the time though.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:29 AM   #24
MVP

zello144's Arena

Rec can go two ways you can have a good game or you're gonna have a nightmare. The amount of fights that happen between teammates I remember we won the game and two guys on my team were still fighting

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »